Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 82

Thread: Dontre Hamilton Shooting: No Charges for Fired Milwaukee Cop

  1. #21
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Dontre Hamilton Shooting: No Charges for Fired Milwaukee Cop

    In response to someone on ignore;

    lemme' see, a cop walks up to a man sleeping in a park, who has a mental disability, get's nasty with the man, they argue for a minute, the cop pulls out his stick and takes a swing at the citizen, the citizen is struck with the stick, the man takes the stick away from the cops and begins using it on the cop,

    yeah, I can see how an overzealous cop might want to pump 14 shots into someone, the cop was enraged and mad as hell.

    I can see it, and visualize it too.

    funny how there's never any eye witnesses around when cops shoot citizens or overreact.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Dontre Hamilton Shooting: No Charges for Fired Milwaukee Cop

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    In response to someone on ignore;

    Why in the world does someone ignore those who they really are not going to ignore?
    D'oh!
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #23
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Dontre Hamilton Shooting: No Charges for Fired Milwaukee Cop

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Why in the world does someone ignore those who they really are not going to ignore?
    D'oh!
    By not being logged into DP and reading the forum.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: Dontre Hamilton Shooting: No Charges for Fired Milwaukee Cop

    13 bullets??? Unless you think the guy is the terminator you dont need to fire 13 times...
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  5. #25
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Dontre Hamilton Shooting: No Charges for Fired Milwaukee Cop

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    In response to someone on ignore;

    lemme' see, a cop walks up to a man sleeping in a park, who has a mental disability, get's nasty with the man, they argue for a minute, the cop pulls out his stick and takes a swing at the citizen, the citizen is struck with the stick, the man takes the stick away from the cops and begins using it on the cop,

    yeah, I can see how an overzealous cop might want to pump 14 shots into someone, the cop was enraged and mad as hell.

    I can see it, and visualize it too.

    funny how there's never any eye witnesses around when cops shoot citizens or overreact.
    Actually that's a claim that is suspicious rather than funny, but not, I think, in the way you would prefer.

  6. #26
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Dontre Hamilton Shooting: No Charges for Fired Milwaukee Cop

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    To the OP...

    This is taken from the article you cited...
    Attorney John T. Chisholm said that former Milwaukee police officer Christopher Manney "was justified in firing at Dontre Hamilton" because Hamilton had taken Manney's baton while the officer was responding to a complaint about a man sleeping in a public park, and the Manney was attempting to "stop the threat."

    In a statement, Chisholm said "the more difficult issue" is determining whether Manney — who shot Hamilton at least 13 times — fired more shots than he needed to in order to subdue Hamilton. But many witnesses testified that Manney stopped firing when Hamilton fell to the ground, prompting Chisholm to rule that the numerous shots were a "defensive action forced upon him by Dontre Hamilton's deadly attack with a police baton."

    So...the question is...based on the article you provided...do you believe Dontre Hamilton took the officers baton? Simple question...right?
    I was taught at a young age by a wise old Gunny who had been a lot of places and done a lot of things that anyone worth shooting is worth shooting many times.

  7. #27
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Dontre Hamilton Shooting: No Charges for Fired Milwaukee Cop

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Actually that's a claim that is suspicious rather than funny, but not, I think, in the way you would prefer.
    You would not hear that from other media outlets, I watched and heard that on WTMJ last night when a journalist was interviewing the family's attorney, that Dontre Hamilton had club marks on his head. Why that's not been mentioned by MSM I don't know. But the scenario I painted in the earlier post is what the family's attorney alluded to or implied.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Dontre Hamilton Shooting: No Charges for Fired Milwaukee Cop

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    By not being logged into DP and reading the forum.
    Okay?
    You still are not ignoring them.

    But please feel free to ignore my reply.
    Last edited by Excon; 12-23-14 at 03:32 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #29
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Dontre Hamilton Shooting: No Charges for Fired Milwaukee Cop

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    13 bullets??? Unless you think the guy is the terminator you dont need to fire 13 times...
    Says who?

    You fire until the threat obviously ceases to be a threat.

    In this incident, according to the witnesses even, he stopped firing when he fell. Which is when he was obviously no longer as threat.

    The truth of the matter is that is the way cops are trained, and they are trained that way because often it takes more than several shots to make the person no longer be a threat.

    The whole thing here is that the person is acting out violently against an Officer. That is on them. Not the cops for stopping them.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #30
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: Dontre Hamilton Shooting: No Charges for Fired Milwaukee Cop

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Says who?

    You fire until the threat obviously ceases to be a threat.

    In this incident, according to the witnesses even, he stopped firing when he fell. Which is when he was obviously no longer as threat.

    The truth of the matter is that is the way cops are trained, and they are trained that way because often it takes more than several shots to make the person no longer be a threat.

    The whole thing here is that the person is acting out violently against an Officer. That is on them. Not the cops for stopping them.
    Was he still running, crawling? How fast was he approaching the officer after the 5th bullet?
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •