Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: France Dijon: Driver targets city pedestrians

  1. #1
    Guru
    Fallenangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Israel/Russia/UK
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,416

    France Dijon: Driver targets city pedestrians



    A driver shouting the Islamic phrase "God is great" in Arabic has run down pedestrians in Dijon, France, injuring 11, two seriously, French media say.

    He was arrested after targeting pedestrians in five different parts of the city in the space of half an hour.
    He is said to be "apparently imbalanced" and to have spent time in a psychiatric hospital.
    French police shot dead a man on Saturday after he attacked them with a knife, also shouting "God is great".


    BBC News - France Dijon: Driver targets city pedestrians


    Fallen.
    Click me > My Artsy Stuff

    "You’ve got one life, there’s no save-point and you’re going to die. Go out like a ****ing man!" - Brad Rigney

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: France Dijon: Driver targets city pedestrians

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenangel View Post


    A driver shouting the Islamic phrase "God is great" in Arabic has run down pedestrians in Dijon, France, injuring 11, two seriously, French media say.

    He was arrested after targeting pedestrians in five different parts of the city in the space of half an hour.
    He is said to be "apparently imbalanced" and to have spent time in a psychiatric hospital.
    French police shot dead a man on Saturday after he attacked them with a knife, also shouting "God is great".


    BBC News - France Dijon: Driver targets city pedestrians


    Fallen.


    Heya FA. Good to see ya back around. Whats your take on these attacks that are springing up all over the place?

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: France Dijon: Driver targets city pedestrians


  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: France Dijon: Driver targets city pedestrians

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenangel View Post

    A driver shouting the Islamic phrase "God is great" in Arabic has run down pedestrians in Dijon, France, injuring 11, two seriously, French media say.

    He was arrested after targeting pedestrians in five different parts of the city in the space of half an hour.
    He is said to be "apparently imbalanced" and to have spent time in a psychiatric hospital.
    French police shot dead a man on Saturday after he attacked them with a knife, also shouting "God is great".
    Fallen.
    Nothing to see here. It has nothing to do with Islam. It's Islamophobic to even mention this. Not all Muslims are terrorists. He was just a deranged Lone Wolf Muslim with some deep-seated personal problems he was trying to resolve.

    I win!

  5. #5
    Guru
    Fallenangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Israel/Russia/UK
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,416

    Re: France Dijon: Driver targets city pedestrians

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya FA. Good to see ya back around. Whats your take on these attacks that are springing up all over the place?
    Hey.

    It is easy to understand why it happens, especially with the spread of the internet these days.
    People that have mental issues would probably be the first ones to be affected by the vast amount of Islamist information and propaganda that exists everywhere and especially online, it is of course harder to influence ordinary people but it happens.
    That is why ISIS for instance is so active on social media such as twitter, it is an easy way to gather new followers, spread information and promote your own narrative of the events.

    There is a good documentary by Zvi Yehezkeli about this issue that runs these days on Israeli tv, if I"ll find an English version I"ll post it on DP.

    Fallen.
    Click me > My Artsy Stuff

    "You’ve got one life, there’s no save-point and you’re going to die. Go out like a ****ing man!" - Brad Rigney

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: France Dijon: Driver targets city pedestrians

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenangel View Post


    A driver shouting the Islamic phrase "God is great" in Arabic has run down pedestrians in Dijon, France, injuring 11, two seriously, French media say.

    He was arrested after targeting pedestrians in five different parts of the city in the space of half an hour.
    He is said to be "apparently imbalanced" and to have spent time in a psychiatric hospital.
    French police shot dead a man on Saturday after he attacked them with a knife, also shouting "God is great".


    BBC News - France Dijon: Driver targets city pedestrians


    Fallen.
    This madness will continue until France joins the rest of the civilized word and banns cars.

    If you need a ride, call a cab. Leave driving to trained professionals.
    Last edited by Jerry; 12-23-14 at 02:58 AM.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: France Dijon: Driver targets city pedestrians

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenangel View Post
    Hey.

    It is easy to understand why it happens, especially with the spread of the internet these days.
    People that have mental issues would probably be the first ones to be affected by the vast amount of Islamist information and propaganda that exists everywhere and especially online, it is of course harder to influence ordinary people but it happens.
    That is why ISIS for instance is so active on social media such as twitter, it is an easy way to gather new followers, spread information and promote your own narrative of the events.

    There is a good documentary by Zvi Yehezkeli about this issue that runs these days on Israeli tv, if I"ll find an English version I"ll post it on DP.

    Fallen.

    I'll check it out if you do find it.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: France Dijon: Driver targets city pedestrians

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Nothing to see here. It has nothing to do with Islam. It's Islamophobic to even mention this. Not all Muslims are terrorists. He was just a deranged Lone Wolf Muslim with some deep-seated personal problems he was trying to resolve.

    I win!
    Obviously this has to do with commercialism of cars. No cars = no car'crime. I hope the victim sues the car manufacturer.

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,247

    Re: France Dijon: Driver targets city pedestrians

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    This madness will continue until America joins the rest of the civilized word and banns cars.

    If you need a ride, call a cab. Leave driving to trained professionals.
    Mostly that is what I have always done. Not that I mind a mad dash down the autobahn or around the Hockenheimring; a leisurely spring cruise over an alpine pass. But down town give me a taxi every time.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: France Dijon: Driver targets city pedestrians

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Obviously this has to do with commercialism of cars. No cars = no car'crime. I hope the victim sues the car manufacturer.
    The pedestrians also share some responsibility for being too near the streets.

    But the important thing to understand, whoever is responsible for this , is that it is not Islam nor Muslims. This is only one instance in a lengthy series of inexplicable coincidences, but demonstrates nothing against the R of P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •