Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63

Thread: ‘Jesus is the reason for the season,’ politician says. At a menorah lighting ceremony

  1. #51
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: The oops moment of the day

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Uh, no. That's the popular internet meme he was referencing.
    Whatever you say chief....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #52
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: ‘Jesus is the reason for the season,’ politician says. At a menorah lighting cere

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    I don't see how this is more offensive than say Joe biden telling a man in a wheel chair to walk up to the stage.
    ol well.
    Neither is offensive, they're just stupid.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: ‘Jesus is the reason for the season,’ politician says. At a menorah lighting cere

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Neither is offensive, they're just stupid.
    depends on who you ask.

  4. #54
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: ‘Jesus is the reason for the season,’ politician says. At a menorah lighting cere

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Neither is offensive, they're just stupid.
    I'd say telling a guy in a wheelchair is offensive, and stupid....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #55
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: ‘Jesus is the reason for the season,’ politician says. At a menorah lighting cere

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Neither is offensive, they're just stupid.

    After, "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan...period!", you people are desperate for Republican gaffes, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #56
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: ‘Jesus is the reason for the season,’ politician says. At a menorah lighting cere

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    After, "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan...period!", you people are desperate for Republican gaffes, eh?
    Who said this guy was a Republican? The story in the OP doesn't give the guy's political affiliation. Fail harder, please.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #57
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: ‘Jesus is the reason for the season,’ politician says. At a menorah lighting cere

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    I don't see how this is more offensive than say Joe biden telling a man in a wheel chair to walk up to the stage.
    ol well.
    Why does everybody keep jumping up and wondering why I found it offensive when I didn't find it offensive, and didn't say I found it offensive. Is it too hard to laugh at someone saying something stupid.

    Nice attempt at the partisan deflection, but you'll note that I have no freaking idea what party the guy who said something dumb is from.

    Jesus, as usual people are trying to turn this into a stupid partisan pissing match. Why does the right feel the need to do that?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: ‘Jesus is the reason for the season,’ politician says. At a menorah lighting cere

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Why does everybody keep jumping up and wondering why I found it offensive when I didn't find it offensive, and didn't say I found it offensive. Is it too hard to laugh at someone saying something stupid.

    Nice attempt at the partisan deflection, but you'll note that I have no freaking idea what party the guy who said something dumb is from.

    Jesus, as usual people are trying to turn this into a stupid partisan pissing match. Why does the right feel the need to do that?
    the same reason you felt the need to post the article.

  9. #59
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: ‘Jesus is the reason for the season,’ politician says. At a menorah lighting cere

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Who said this guy was a Republican? The story in the OP doesn't give the guy's political affiliation. Fail harder, please.
    Apparently they're so used to dumb****s from their side they automatically assume he must be.

    I actually hope this guy turns out to be a Democrat just to see their faces when they found they were deflecting away from him.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #60
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: ‘Jesus is the reason for the season,’ politician says. At a menorah lighting cere

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    the same reason you felt the need to post the article.
    I posted it because I thought it was funny in that really stupid way that only politicians can do. You assumed he must be a righty and desperately had to deflect attention.

    Joe Biden is an idiot. Stupid funny **** is stupid and funny regardless of political party.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •