Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 63

Thread: ‘Jesus is the reason for the season,’ politician says. At a menorah lighting ceremony

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The oops moment of the day

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Not if you're Jewish. Or Muslim. Or non-Christian.
    Subjective argument.

  2. #22
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: The oops moment of the day

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Subjective argument.
    Whaaaaaaaat.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The oops moment of the day

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Whaaaaaaaat.
    Your argument is subjective. It is based upon a subjective status rather than objective fact.

  4. #24
    Guru
    Hari Seldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,584

    Re: The oops moment of the day

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Jesus is the reason for Christmas. Which is the correct holiday to celebrate during this part of the year.

    New Years no good?
    Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    Isaac Asimov

  5. #25
    Guru
    Hari Seldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,584

    Re: The oops moment of the day

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Subjective argument.
    Are you taking any prescription medication?
    Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    Isaac Asimov

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The oops moment of the day

    Quote Originally Posted by Hari Seldon View Post
    New Years no good?
    The solemnity of Mary and New Years are both fine holidays as well.

  7. #27
    Guru
    Hari Seldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,584

    Re: The oops moment of the day

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    The solemnity of Mary and New Years are both fine holidays as well.
    I'm glad it meets your approval.
    Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    Isaac Asimov

  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: The oops moment of the day

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Jesus is the reason for Christmas. Which is the correct holiday to celebrate during this part of the year.
    "Correct" is subjective which renders your comment irrelevant.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: The oops moment of the day

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Your argument is subjective. It is based upon a subjective status rather than objective fact.
    No, his argument is an objective fact... YOURS is entirely subjective based on the words you used.

    Glad I could correct you.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #30
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: The oops moment of the day

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Strike that it a was the Second Century BC. My mistake. Sorry, not so swift on Jewish history.
    It was never a major holiday until it was used as the Jewish equivalent of Christmas.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •