Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 695

Thread: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle[W:132]

  1. #671
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, Ms. Nichols is behind the Millions March site, and was the lead organizer in DC...interesting.
    Washington Square Park is in NY. All that quote says is that she was lead organizer of the march in NY - which is what he said earlier.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  2. #672
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    J-mac...not only did your posts not counter what I stated, they actually reenforced my statements.

    What they also did is highlight my other point in terms of the dishonest reporting of this by numerous portion of media.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Although that is true enough, Synead Nichols was the Organizer for the DC event
    No, she's not. Read your story again. You're confused because it's seemingly intentionally misleading, a common theme thus far in stories covering this. Below is the quote from your post, with my emphasis added:

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac
    Other cities are also anticipating protests on Saturday, which has been called the National Day of Resistance. The Millions March in New York City is set to kick off at Washington Square Park.

    Lead organizer Synead Nichols said in a statement, “We are a new generation of young multi*racial activists willing to take up the torch, and we’re not going to stand for this anymore.”
    Synead Nichols is the lead organizer for the event in OTHER CITIES, specifically, the Millions March in New York City. Which is exactly what I said.

    This is why you find her name no where on any press release or official website related to the "Justice for All" March, which is what happened in DC. It is also why you find her name all over the press releases and official website related to the "Millions March NYC".



    If you'll read, (And I believe I tried to pull it from a non biased, if not leaning toward the protesters side of things...)

    So, Ms. Nichols is behind the Millions March site, and was the lead organizer in DC...interesting.
    No, she wasn't. You completely skipped over an entire paragraph in your own quoted source that indicated it was talking about protests in OTHER CITIES.

    As to your other accusation...

    Yes, undoubtably there is work amongst various activist groups. Just like there's work done together between the Tea Party Patriots, the Tea Party Express, Freedom Works, Americans for Prosperity, and a large handful of smaller more localized tea party groups. However, if the Tea Party Patriots host an event...one that Freedom Works had nothing to do with...and some portion of their event say something outlandish, it would be dishonest and an outright fabrication to come out and say "Matt Kibbe (The leader of Freedom Works) led/hosted said event!" simply because Tea Party Movement groups talk to each other and often coordinate with each other.

    Millions March NYC had official sponsoring groups. Those groups are found on their second press release linked on their page. All Sharpton's NAN is not present on there at all. You can insinuate and speculate and baselessly suggest all the connection you want of what may've happened behind the scenes, but factually...Al Sharpton and his civil rights group had no hand in actively running, leading, or organizing the Millions March in NYC. Claiming that he hosted the event the chants were made at, let alone actively LEADING said chants, is outright falsehood.

  3. #673
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    As to Giffords. You don't have to remind me. I remember it all to well. I also can happily link to my comments then. And even before we knew factually that Loughner had nothing to do with the Tea Party and had no seeming care or support for Sarah Palin, my stance was it was asinine, dishonest, hackish, and absurd to blame the tea party or Sarah Palin for the shooting or to even suggest they're culpable or responsible for the shooting happening. Sarah Palin and the various tea party groups did not openly and honestly advocate for violence, were not in any literal sense inciting people to commit a crime, and even in the hypothetical at the time that he was spurred by their comments I still felt it would have been ridiculous to blame them...and it was amazingly irresponsible for the media to keep jumping to that conclusion.

    The difference here is that I'm not magically changing my opinion and my stance on that kind of issue simply because Al Sharpton is a putz, I disagree with much of this movement while I agree with much of the Tea Party movement, and because politically this issue is about "the enemy" rather than "my team".

    It was ridiculous to massively give blame and wrongfully attack people, especially using outright falsehoods, for the actual SHOOTING then, and it is ridiculous to do it now. In both instances if you want to have a realistic conversation about the potential enflaming of peoples emotions and providing an atmosphere that is conducive to crazy people getting crazy ideas...that's reasonable. But that's a LARGE difference between directly blaming or claiming someones words or actions...that in no way, shape, or form openly and honestly called for illegal activity...contributed to the actual illegal act.

  4. #674
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle[W:132]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I think its because they actually believe that they have the right to fight with a cop, with no consequences.
    You do have the right to fight a cop.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  5. #675
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    J-mac...not only did your posts not counter what I stated, they actually reenforced my statements.

    What they also did is highlight my other point in terms of the dishonest reporting of this by numerous portion of media.



    No, she's not. Read your story again. You're confused because it's seemingly intentionally misleading, a common theme thus far in stories covering this. Below is the quote from your post, with my emphasis added:



    Synead Nichols is the lead organizer for the event in OTHER CITIES, specifically, the Millions March in New York City. Which is exactly what I said.

    This is why you find her name no where on any press release or official website related to the "Justice for All" March, which is what happened in DC. It is also why you find her name all over the press releases and official website related to the "Millions March NYC".



    If you'll read, (And I believe I tried to pull it from a non biased, if not leaning toward the protesters side of things...)



    No, she wasn't. You completely skipped over an entire paragraph in your own quoted source that indicated it was talking about protests in OTHER CITIES.

    As to your other accusation...

    Yes, undoubtably there is work amongst various activist groups. Just like there's work done together between the Tea Party Patriots, the Tea Party Express, Freedom Works, Americans for Prosperity, and a large handful of smaller more localized tea party groups. However, if the Tea Party Patriots host an event...one that Freedom Works had nothing to do with...and some portion of their event say something outlandish, it would be dishonest and an outright fabrication to come out and say "Matt Kibbe (The leader of Freedom Works) led/hosted said event!" simply because Tea Party Movement groups talk to each other and often coordinate with each other.

    Millions March NYC had official sponsoring groups. Those groups are found on their second press release linked on their page. All Sharpton's NAN is not present on there at all. You can insinuate and speculate and baselessly suggest all the connection you want of what may've happened behind the scenes, but factually...Al Sharpton and his civil rights group had no hand in actively running, leading, or organizing the Millions March in NYC. Claiming that he hosted the event the chants were made at, let alone actively LEADING said chants, is outright falsehood.
    Ok, I see that, and that was confusing...You're absolutely right in that Millions March has no affiliation with NAN...In fact I found this in a WaPo article covering the DC march....

    "...Charles Wade, co-founder of a group Operation Help or Hush, who plans to participate in the Millions March.

    “This weekend, people were going to D.C., but they’re no longer going because there is a march by young people, organized by young people, that young people funded,” Wade said. “We’ve been excluded by the traditional groups, so we’ve started our own thing.”

    Thousands join Al Sharpton in

    So, that is all the indication I need to see that they are not connected...You are correct.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #676
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    As to Giffords. You don't have to remind me. I remember it all to well. I also can happily link to my comments then. And even before we knew factually that Loughner had nothing to do with the Tea Party and had no seeming care or support for Sarah Palin, my stance was it was asinine, dishonest, hackish, and absurd to blame the tea party or Sarah Palin for the shooting or to even suggest they're culpable or responsible for the shooting happening. Sarah Palin and the various tea party groups did not openly and honestly advocate for violence, were not in any literal sense inciting people to commit a crime, and even in the hypothetical at the time that he was spurred by their comments I still felt it would have been ridiculous to blame them...and it was amazingly irresponsible for the media to keep jumping to that conclusion.

    The difference here is that I'm not magically changing my opinion and my stance on that kind of issue simply because Al Sharpton is a putz, I disagree with much of this movement while I agree with much of the Tea Party movement, and because politically this issue is about "the enemy" rather than "my team".

    It was ridiculous to massively give blame and wrongfully attack people, especially using outright falsehoods, for the actual SHOOTING then, and it is ridiculous to do it now. In both instances if you want to have a realistic conversation about the potential enflaming of peoples emotions and providing an atmosphere that is conducive to crazy people getting crazy ideas...that's reasonable. But that's a LARGE difference between directly blaming or claiming someones words or actions...that in no way, shape, or form openly and honestly called for illegal activity...contributed to the actual illegal act.
    No, and if it came off that I was insinuating that I apologize...But there are those in here that were arguing at that time and have jumped to the completely opposite argument to suit their political agenda, if that makes any sense...I am trying to look at this rationally. I don't like Sharpton either...He is a race hustler, and a two bit shakedown artist....How he ever got a show on any TV program is beyond me....But at least for the part of linking the "Dead Cop" part of this to him, it appears the evidence shows that is not the case.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #677
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    488

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    The state collectivist left's 'bloodless' revolution hasn't been quite as successful as they'd hoped.

    in fact, it's hit a brick wall.

    Despite his spoken and unspoken promises and soaring 'hopeful' rhetoric, their last best hope for 'fundamental transformation' failed them. Spectacularly. Despite decades of national media infiltration, despite decades of infiltrating the nation's education systems, America, perhaps now fully awake, has rejected their authoritarianism and flagrant, prolific deceit, and reduced their voices in US and most state governments to an impotent murmur.

    They are disillusioned, disgusted, disappointed, and in complete disarray... their only remaining option is to become dangerous.

    are they, right in front of your eyes, exploiting blacks to escalate their 'revolution' from bloodless to bloody?

    Insane? or something to ponder in New Amerika?
    Last edited by webrockk; 12-24-14 at 11:10 AM.
    Incrementally, and always under the guise of "fairness", "equality", and "social justice", the US Constitution has been deceitfully interpreted in ways that remove all limitations on central authority...and place them on the people.

  8. #678
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle[W:132]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    You do have the right to fight a cop.
    You do? Could you show me in the Constitution where that exists? Or maybe it is in statute?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #679
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, and if it came off that I was insinuating that I apologize
    And no, you didn't specifically come off that way. I'll admit I'm potentially a bit defensive as well, since others have been flat out insinuating that because I'm a conservative I'm somehow wrong or a traitor or not REALLY a conservative for actually treating this situation the same way that I treated pretty much every other past instance where people tried to blame the speech of others for a horrible act.

    But there are those in here that were arguing at that time and have jumped to the completely opposite argument to suit their political agenda
    There are some that probably were...but most of the people participating on these threads weren't here talking about the gabby giffords thing to be quite honest. The few that were, I've had no issue pointing out their hypocrisy just as I've been doing on the other side. I won't mention the name because I don't remembe if it was this thread or another, but I actually flat out linked to a particular members post where he was doing the very thing he was railing against someone for doing here.

    But you have to admit...the whole "argued at that time and have jumped ot the completel yopposite arguement" notion is pretty applicable to people across the aisles at this point.

  10. #680
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,521

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle[W:132]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    You do have the right to fight a cop.
    Wow, I didn't know that. Who else do you have the right to fight? Teachers? Your postman? The president?
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •