Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 695

Thread: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle[W:132]

  1. #601
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,363

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    That Sharpton stated a desire for....or led/hosted protests with people calling for...dead cops. Specifically in reference to a youtube video of a december 13th protest that was happening in New York City where people were chanting "what do we want, dead cops".
    Not sure I saw a post specifically blaming Sharpton for that. You sure you read correctly. Or just trying to cover up what you are posting here.

  2. #602
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,363

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    As I've said here and in other threads...

    Sharpton is a rabble rousing asshole that is a barnacle on the ass of the black community, showing up whenever there's a chance to self promote and heighten his own persona, and routinely enflaming situations for his own self interest.

    I don't like the guy, I generally don't care what the guy says, I think he's an ego centric glory hound that gets far too much attention and given far too much standing by too many people, such as the President.

    His promoting of false narratives during this entire ordeal has been ridiculous, and while I respect the fact he has urged against violence and urged against making these protests about peoples "anger", his continued attempts to push this as a massive racial "us vs them" situation has stoked the fires and helped to create the sensationalistic atmosphere surrounding these deaths.

    However, as is the case so often on this board and elsewhere, when people can't even attack an easily attackable target without resorting to distortion, misrepresentaiton, and outright lies then it creates a situation where honest debaters have to address said lies. Not because they necessarily support the people those lies or distortions are being said about, but because an honest and legitimate conversation about REALITY can't be had when said discussion is being blanketed by, or built upon a foundation of, outright lies and falsehoods.

    Throughout this thread, as well as others, people have repeatedly built abject lies into the foundation of their attacks against Sharpton and their claims of his culpability, and those accusations have to be addressed and dealt with before the foundation can be talked about in a realistic and honest fashion. And thus far only one poster has even acknowledged their error...and even that poster did so in a mocking and sarcastic manner suggesting he didn't even truly acknowledge the error of his claims.

    Meanwhile, other posters who haven't made the claim have been attacking and condemning those who are pointing out the lie...indicating that they, if not directly believing said lie, are in favor of said lie being propogated and repeated as part of the basis to attack Sharpton.
    You are very quick to call those with whom you disagree liars. Not sure what that says about your character.

    As to your main point, I am one of those who do link his outrageous comments with violence in the past. Go back and do your research about Crown Heights and his "white interloper" speech in Harlem and get back to us. If you truly believe his speeches have not led to violence in the past you are either ignorant, have your head up your a**, or simply so in love with hate speech you have lost all perspective.

  3. #603
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Thanks for your riveting contribution to the thread, Wiggen. Anything to say about my post? The thread isn't about me (see subject line for confirmation of that).
    You really want me to comment on your post? OK, it was dumb and trite. On the bright side, however, you got apdst to like it. Congratulations.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  4. #604
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Not sure I saw a post specifically blaming Sharpton for that. You sure you read correctly. Or just trying to cover up what you are posting here.
    Not spending a ton of time digging back through to find every instance, but know where a few are real quick. From this thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    He was leading the parade chanting "What doe we want? Dead cops.......When do we want them? Now....Well that scumbag got his wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Where was his lip service when protesters, at his event, were calling for the murder of policemen?
    Meanwhile, the last guy Kobie was arguing with...US Conservative...posted up a seperate thread asking if Al Sharpton contributed to the deaths, using the following as the basis for his argument in the OP (and has still yet to acknowledge his assertion was incorrect):

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Al Sharpton's race hustling and poverty pimping are long known and he's a frequent guest to the Obama whitehouse, but in recent days Sharpton led a rally in NYC where "What Do We Want?… Dead Cops!” was shouted.

  5. #605
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    You are very quick to call those with whom you disagree liars.
    No, I'm very quick to suggest people who repeatedly state provably false information, after they've been shown evidence of said information being false, are lying....and that people who repeatedly post false information unknowingly are spreading false information.

    Becuase that's what they're doing.

    Not because "I disagree with them". But because they keep making claims of something without any legitimate evidence supporting their claim and a mountain of evidence proving their claim is wrong.

  6. #606
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,363

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    No, I'm very quick to suggest people who repeatedly state provably false information, after they've been shown evidence of said information being false, are lying....and that people who repeatedly post false information unknowingly are spreading false information.

    Becuase that's what they're doing.

    Not because "I disagree with them". But because they keep making claims of something without any legitimate evidence supporting their claim and a mountain of evidence proving their claim is wrong.
    Well I hate to agree with someone sticking up for Sharpton, but you raise a fair argument.

  7. #607
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Poor All isn't getting lied on. He's doing everything he can to fuel the flames.


    New York mayor calls for pause in protests after police killings
    I read that too. Evidently Sharpton is going to continue with his planned rallies one for Garner in NYC and one for Brown in Ferguson.

    Now why would one need to go on with rallies each with the family of the victim present, when both cases have been turned over to the Justice Dept for further scrutiny of civil rights violations?

  8. #608
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I read that too. Evidently Sharpton is going to continue with his planned rallies one for Garner in NYC and one for Brown in Ferguson.

    Now why would one need to go on with rallies each with the family of the victim present, when both cases have been turned over to the Justice Dept for further scrutiny of civil rights violations?
    Sharpton is useless, but if he's not doing this, what's he going to do?

    It's like the risk people at your work - if they don't find something wrong with your process, what is the point of them being there? So even if your process is near flawless, they're going to come with some stupid idea for you to change because otherwise they didn't do ****.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  9. #609
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    The recent "woe is me, the media is bad" cries from De Blaiso are laughable. I specifically enjoyed him complaining that the media focuses too much on the few protesters doing "immoral" things that aren't representitive of the majority...while seemingly oblivious to the hypocrisy of that after talking about how he had to teach his kid about the dangers of cops, seemingly focusing on the few cops doing "immoral things" that aren't represntative of the majority.

    Yes Mr. De Blaiso, the media does have culpability in terms of enflaming the general population as it relates to these issues, to stoking the fire and helping to fuel it for people on both sides of the debate. However, the Mayor ALSO holds responsability with that, and for him to come out chiding the media...especially in such a hypocritical way...is hillarious.

  10. #610
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The recent "woe is me, the media is bad" cries from De Blaiso are laughable. I specifically enjoyed him complaining that the media focuses too much on the few protesters doing "immoral" things that aren't representitive of the majority...while seemingly oblivious to the hypocrisy of that after talking about how he had to teach his kid about the dangers of cops, seemingly focusing on the few cops doing "immoral things" that aren't represntative of the majority.

    Yes Mr. De Blaiso, the media does have culpability in terms of enflaming the general population as it relates to these issues, to stoking the fire and helping to fuel it for people on both sides of the debate. However, the Mayor ALSO holds responsability with that, and for him to come out chiding the media...especially in such a hypocritical way...is hillarious.
    That's a good point, and indicative of how the media and public operates in general. The national media is generally going to report on things that are either extraordinarily bad or good - so every day good/bad don't get reported.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •