Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 695

Thread: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle[W:132]

  1. #471
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,887

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Whoever they are, they're pieces of ****.

    Where was de Blasio calling these people out for their disgusting words? Where was Sharpton and NAN who have encouraged people to protest and march against cops? Where was Obama? Where was Holder?

    Nowhere. But don't mention that, or else people will huff because you're trying to get those men to be men and admit to having some responsibility here.
    1. So now de Blasio, Sharpton, Obama AND Holder are obligated to condemn every instance of anyone saying anything inflammatory. Roger that.

    2. What "responsibility" do those four have for the chants of ONE march out of HUNDREDS across the country?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #472
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,887

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    What am I being dishonest about?

    There was a press conference this afternoon. The lead detective said they found that they found recording of the demonstration on his phone.

    You may not like what I write but none of it is dishonest.
    Can you provide a link? I've been looking on the interwebs but haven't been able to find that. I've seen nothing that indicates he was in New York any time before early Saturday morning when the shootings occured.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #473
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The fact that police, right or wrong, killed Michael Brown and Eric Garner, maybe? It was in the news.
    And it was in the news because Al Sharpton and company made it a racial issue, which in fact it was not. It was terrible that two men died. Neither case happened because the men at the center of it were black. "Black lives matter". "Hands up, don't shoot" (that even come in the halls of Congress - and those jackasses have culpability here too), all of that **** fed into a story line that isn't true. It should have stopped weeks ago.

    If Sharpton had a shred of decency, which he doesn't, he would man up and tell the young black men in this country that they have a far better chance - to the degree of hundreds of odds better - of being killed by another black man than by a white policeman. If not a single black man ever died at the hands of a police officer in this country again, the black death rate wouldn't even drop a quarter of a percentage point.

    And the "protestors" if they weren't clueless would know that too, and not support the "Black lives matter" rhetoric. If the beef is with policemen abusing their power, then "black" has nothing - zero - to do with it.

    Sorry, Sharpton used Brown and Garner to make himself relevant and continue to advance his problems with white people. I for one am sick of it. He deserves the call outs that he's getting.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  4. #474
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,887

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Sorry, Sharpton used Brown and Garner to make himself relevant and continue to advance his problems with white people. I for one am sick of it. He deserves the call outs that he's getting.
    Not when those call outs are based in fiction. Sharpton has been repeatedly accused of advocating for violence against cops, and it's simply not true. And the goalposts keep moving regarding what allegedly inspired the shooter, and how much blame Sharpton/Holder/de Blasio/Obama should shoulder for that.

    If the argument is now "it was in the news because Sharpton made it a racial issue; ergo, Sharpton's to blame for this guy exacting revenge because it was on the news," well, that's a pretty tough case to make. Especially when you consider that there were others who were publicizing the Garner case, at least, as a police brutality matter, which is certainly valid even if the racial angle might not have been.
    Last edited by Kobie; 12-22-14 at 11:05 PM.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #475
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    1. So now de Blasio, Sharpton, Obama AND Holder are obligated to condemn every instance of anyone saying anything inflammatory. Roger that.

    2. What "responsibility" do those four have for the chants of ONE march out of HUNDREDS across the country?
    de Blasio is mayor of the city. That's what he's supposed to do.

    Sharpton was encouraging protests.

    Holder is the Attorney General. He is responsible for law enforcement.

    Obama was quick to comment on the Cambridge Police Department. He was quick to comment on the Michael Brown Grand Jury verdict. He missed this. Maybe he needs better handlers to fill him in.

    Where were the "hundreds" of marches on December 13?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #476
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The fact that police, right or wrong, killed Michael Brown and Eric Garner, maybe? It was in the news.
    Again, you prove me right! Nice job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #477
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    de Blasio is mayor of the city. That's what he's supposed to do.

    Sharpton was encouraging protests.

    Holder is the Attorney General. He is responsible for law enforcement.

    Obama was quick to comment on the Cambridge Police Department. He was quick to comment on the Michael Brown Grand Jury verdict. He missed this. Maybe he needs better handlers to fill him in.

    Where were the "hundreds" of marches on December 13?
    Obama was quick as hell to show his mug on TV, when it was about Martin, Brown and Garner.

    When two NYPD officers are assassinated? He issues a statement, probably written by one of his enterouge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #478
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Not when those call outs are based in fiction. Sharpton has been repeatedly accused of advocating for violence against cops, and it's simply not true. And the goalposts keep moving regarding what allegedly inspired the shooter, and how much blame Sharpton/Holder/de Blasio/Obama should shoulder for that.
    I never said Sharpton called for violence against cops, so I don't give a **** what anyone else said. I'm posting for myself.

    Sharpton has fanned the flames. He has repeatedly and incorrectly made statements about what happened in Ferguson. He has made comments about minorities being injured or dying in altercations with police. He urged the Justice Department to create a special office to handle possible instances of police misconduct against minorities and to appoint special prosecutors to take cases where grand juries decide not to indict.

    He made this racial. He is giving people the impression that cops are shooting black men who have their hands up. Those are lies. When you lie and you get people fired up, you own it. He owns his part in this, whether people want to excuse him or not. He deserves to be called out on his lies and his rhetoric. I'm sick of him. He's been a troublemaker for years, and he has done more to hurt race relations than help them. No person with critical thinking skills thinks anything else but that.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #479
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,887

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    de Blasio is mayor of the city. That's what he's supposed to do.

    Sharpton was encouraging protests.

    Holder is the Attorney General. He is responsible for law enforcement.

    Obama was quick to comment on the Cambridge Police Department. He was quick to comment on the Michael Brown Grand Jury verdict. He missed this. Maybe he needs better handlers to fill him in.
    One group of protestors says "death to cops;" these four guys are to be pilloried for not expressly condemning it (even though Sharpton DID). Gotcha.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Where were the "hundreds" of marches on December 13?
    I was referring to the total over the past however long it's been since the Brown GJ verdict, not just that day. Come on.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #480
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Whoever they are, they're pieces of ****.

    Where was de Blasio calling these people out for their disgusting words? Where was Sharpton and NAN who have encouraged people to protest and march against cops? Where was Obama? Where was Holder?

    Nowhere. But don't mention that, or else people will huff because you're trying to get those men to be men and admit to having some responsibility here.
    They were speaking out boldly earlier but now these same people have fallen silent, or asking everyone to remain silent in respect for the murdered officers.

    The left wing chanters had another success on the weekend.Tarpon Springs police officer, Charles Kondek, shot and killed on duty - Story | abcactionnews.com | Tampa Bay News, Weather, Sports, Things To Do | WFTS-TV

Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •