Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 695

Thread: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle[W:132]

  1. #211
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    I asked for a quote confirming your allegation. You didn't provide one.

    Sure, I did. I quoted your exact words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #212
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Negative racial stereotypes.
    So, what's different from you, or the Mayor doing the exact same thing where police are concerned?

    De Blassio also said the police are there to protect him in the same breath.
    Some people are very good at leaving themselves plausable deniability?

    Again, he told his son that he may face danger if he deals with the police inappropriately. Something that conservatives generally want black parents to teach their children when dealing with the authorities.
    And that is just bull ****...Yes, parents should be teaching their children respect for LEO's, but it doesn't just apply to blacks. In terming it that way, you are purposely injecting that LE is somehow racially biased, and that right now is just not only wrong, but dangerous.

    “It’s different for a white child. That’s just the reality in this country,” de Blasio said. “And with Dante, very early on with my son, we said, ‘Look, if a police officer stops you, do everything he tells you to do, don’t move suddenly, don’t reach for your cellphone,’ because we knew, sadly, there’s a greater chance it might be misinterpreted if it was a young man of color.”
    You're placing the emphasis on the wrong place....Where he says "It's different for a white child".... is IMHO, just as destructive as what you think racism is, because it is the same thought pattern....It is a disgusting attitude.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #213
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Sure, I did. I quoted your exact words.
    This is becoming tiresome. Quote where I said that de Blasio talking to his son wasn't about race. I've been saying this from almost the beginning. My argument hasn't changed.

  4. #214
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, what's different from you, or the Mayor doing the exact same thing where police are concerned?
    If I understand you correctly, the difference is I don't have the authority of a police officer.

    Some people are very good at leaving themselves plausable deniability?
    Oh please.

    And that is just bull ****...Yes, parents should be teaching their children respect for LEO's, but it doesn't just apply to blacks. In terming it that way, you are purposely injecting that LE is somehow racially biased, and that right now is just not only wrong, but dangerous.
    It's dangerous not to acknowledge this fact for black people, who are confronted by police more often than whites.

    You're placing the emphasis on the wrong place....Where he says "It's different for a white child".... is IMHO, just as destructive as what you think racism is, because it is the same thought pattern....It is a disgusting attitude.
    It is different for a white child, IMO. Especially since black children are misidentified as being older than they actually are.

  5. #215
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    If I understand you correctly, the difference is I don't have the authority of a police officer.



    Oh please.



    It's dangerous not to acknowledge this fact for black people, who are confronted by police more often than whites.



    It is different for a white child, IMO. Especially since black children are misidentified as being older than they actually are.
    I disagree...And until maybe attitudes like the one you're displaying here changes, then there will be no real resolution on racial divides...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #216
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    This is becoming tiresome. Quote where I said that de Blasio talking to his son wasn't about race. I've been saying this from almost the beginning. My argument hasn't changed.
    I'm sure all that dancing around is wearing you out.

    I said,

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Telling your biracial children that they can't trust cops, because of their race, is doing exactly that.
    Then, you said,

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    He never said that. De Blasio told his son to take special care when dealing with the police who are there to protect him (almost an exact quote).
    Careful, you might tear an ACL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #217
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    This wasn't a lone nut, who woke up yesterday morning and decided to waste some cops. His decision was fueled by the anti-police propaganda we've been hearing for 5 months.

    Stable, or not, this event will naturally cause cops to be wary of black folks, who are walking up to them. Black people are going to die because of this.
    Why will this cause cops to be naturally weary of black people? The NYPD is minority--majority. I am fairly certain that in that mix there is a black person or two.

  8. #218
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Why will this cause cops to be naturally weary of black people? The NYPD is minority--majority. I am fairly certain that in that mix there is a black person or two.
    Because, after a black dude walks up and pumps multiple rounds into two cops, with no warning, nor provocation, it's only natural that from now into the foreseeable future, cops are going to be Leary of a black person approaching them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #219
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Why will this cause cops to be naturally weary of black people? The NYPD is minority--majority. I am fairly certain that in that mix there is a black person or two.
    Maybe it was the crowd walking down the street chanting.

    'What do we want?'

    'Dead cops'

    'When do we want it?'

    'Now'


    Then two cops get killed eating a Roast Beef, and Swiss on Rye for nothing.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #220
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: One NYPD Cop Dead, Another Critical After They Were Shot in Vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Maybe it was the crowd walking down the street chanting.

    'What do we want?'

    'Dead cops'

    'When do we want it?'

    'Now'


    Then two cops get killed eating a Roast Beef, and Swiss on Rye for nothing.
    When you support taking away guns from the general population, then you would be supportive of people, cops or otherwise, not being killed "for nothing." Until the guns are taken away, the details are little more than bias porn.

Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •