Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56

Thread: St. Louis Grand Jury Heard Witnesses Who Lied, Prosecutor Says

  1. #41
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: St. Louis Grand Jury Heard Witnesses Who Lied, Prosecutor Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Oh yeah, a guy who is 6'4", weighs at least 275 lbs and the best evidence after punching the cop twice in the face is a slightly swollen red spot on the cop's right cheek. According to Officer Wilson, he had been hit so hard, he was afraid a third punch would kill him.

    Testimony to Grand Jury, Vol 5, pg 216

    You have no point.
    Your first claim was shown to be false. It wasn't just a red mark.
    Do you absurdly believe that the strength of a punch is always able to be seen by the exterior appearance" Especially immediately following it?
    I seriously hope not.

    If you do, it just shows another flaw in the logic your are employing.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #42
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,849

    Re: St. Louis Grand Jury Heard Witnesses Who Lied, Prosecutor Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Prosecutor Robert McCulloch knew some of the witnesses were lying when they testified before the grand jury. Yet, he doesn't intend to bring charges of perjury against any one.



    HOW in hell can presenting knowingly false evidence to a jury be considered to "present the entire picture"??

    More on the legal and ethical violations found in McCulloch's actions:

    According to Missouri Rules of Professional Conduct, RULE 4-3.3, “A lawyer shall not knowingly offer evidence that the lawyer knows to be false.” The next sentence would seem to support disbarrment hearing for McColluch and other attorneys who knew witnesses were lying. 'If a lawyer, the lawyer’s client, or a witness called by the lawyer has offered material evidence and the lawyer comes to know of its falsity, the lawyer shall take reasonable remedial measures, including, if necessary, disclosure to the tribunal."

    There is no evidence in the documents released by the St. Louis County prosecutor’s office after the grand jury decision that McCulloch or anyone from his office ever told the jurors to regard any specific witness statements as less credible than others.
    You seem to be operating under the mistaken notion that a trial has occurred.

    There was no trial. There was no defense or prosecution. There were no clients. There were no advocates.

    This Rule that you quote does not apply.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  3. #43
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: St. Louis Grand Jury Heard Witnesses Who Lied, Prosecutor Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Oh yeah, a guy who is 6'4", weighs at least 275 lbs and the best evidence after punching the cop twice in the face is a slightly swollen red spot on the cop's right cheek. According to Officer Wilson, he had been hit so hard, he was afraid a third punch would kill him.

    Testimony to Grand Jury, Vol 5, pg 216
    No amount of reasoning seems to be able to sway you from your preconceived notion of what took place here, so why don't you lay out exactly what it is you think took place. Is this cop a cold blooded killer of a gentle, kind black man who was surrendering and begging for his life? You clearly WANT this to be an act of racially motivated murder and I suspect that there are deep psychological reason behind such irrationality, but we probably cant go into that here.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: St. Louis Grand Jury Heard Witnesses Who Lied, Prosecutor Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    You have no point.
    Your first claim was shown to be false. It wasn't just a red mark.
    Do you absurdly believe that the strength of a punch is always able to be seen by the exterior appearance" Especially immediately following it?
    I seriously hope not.

    If you do, it just shows another flaw in the logic your are employing.
    I wonder why this image was floating around the internets shortly after the shooting of Michael Brown

    fake wilson.jpg

    The photos of Officer Wilson were shot six to seven hours after the death of Michael Brown, here's a photo of a professional boxer during a match.

    file_169736_1_wolak-eye-photo2.jpg

    Why are you denying reality?
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  5. #45
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: St. Louis Grand Jury Heard Witnesses Who Lied, Prosecutor Says

    Weird... so some of you are saying it's cool that the PROSECUTOR allowed someone he knew was not telling the truth to testify in defense of the person he's suppose to be trying to get a PROSECUTION on?
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  6. #46
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: St. Louis Grand Jury Heard Witnesses Who Lied, Prosecutor Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    No amount of reasoning seems to be able to sway you from your preconceived notion of what took place here, so why don't you lay out exactly what it is you think took place. Is this cop a cold blooded killer of a gentle, kind black man who was surrendering and begging for his life? You clearly WANT this to be an act of racially motivated murder and I suspect that there are deep psychological reason behind such irrationality, but we probably cant go into that here.
    Sorry, but nope. However, you and others who call yourselves "libertarian" or "conservative" have shown time and time again that you are the ones who are absolutely sure of what happened on that day in Ferguson, MO. I don't KNOW what happened but I can read and I find way too many inconsistencies in the stories vindicating Officer Wilson. This is not to say that Michael Brown was an angel but the sheer volume of knowingly false crap that is and has been spewed forth during the past four months should cause everyone to question the chain of events as described by those who attempt to justify the shooting of a teenager close to his home.

    Questions, that is what I have - not knowledge, unlike those who say disgusting words about someone they truly know nothing about but are absolutely positive that Michael Brown deserved to die for being a "thug" No questions from those who KNOW but lots of questions from those who see the inconsistencies
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  7. #47
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: St. Louis Grand Jury Heard Witnesses Who Lied, Prosecutor Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Sorry, but nope. However, you and others who call yourselves "libertarian" or "conservative" have shown time and time again that you are the ones who are absolutely sure of what happened on that day in Ferguson, MO. I don't KNOW what happened but I can read and I find way too many inconsistencies in the stories vindicating Officer Wilson. This is not to say that Michael Brown was an angel but the sheer volume of knowingly false crap that is and has been spewed forth during the past four months should cause everyone to question the chain of events as described by those who attempt to justify the shooting of a teenager close to his home.

    Questions, that is what I have - not knowledge, unlike those who say disgusting words about someone they truly know nothing about but are absolutely positive that Michael Brown deserved to die for being a "thug" No questions from those who KNOW but lots of questions from those who see the inconsistencies
    I didn't know what happened, but unlike liberals, I didn't rush to judgment. I waited for the GJ to decide. It did and I have seen nothing to doubt their conclusion. There is no doubt that you WANT the GJ decision to be wrong. So again, what do you think happened? Is this a racist cop who killed a black man with his hands up or what?

  8. #48
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: St. Louis Grand Jury Heard Witnesses Who Lied, Prosecutor Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    I wonder why this image was floating around the internets shortly after the shooting of Michael Brown
    Why?
    The only pertinent question here is, why and how you think that matters to this discussion?

    Again. You claimed it was only a red mark. You were wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    The photos of Officer Wilson were shot six to seven hours after the death of Michael Brown, here's a photo of a professional boxer during a match.
    More irrelevancy, figures.
    Was Wilson struck in that same place?
    He wasn't? Then you have no point.
    More importantly, not everybody injures the same way. So again, you have no point.

    Wilson said he was struck and was able to show that he was. Even had abrasions on his neck. Truthful. End of story.

    Dorian claimed Wilson grabbed Brown by the neck, yet nothing is indicated on the autopsy to confirm such. Liar.


    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Why are you denying reality?
    You are the one denying reality.
    Not only are you in denial but you are grasping with these irrelevant pics.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #49
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: St. Louis Grand Jury Heard Witnesses Who Lied, Prosecutor Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Weird... so some of you are saying it's cool that the PROSECUTOR allowed someone he knew was not telling the truth to testify in defense of the person he's suppose to be trying to get a PROSECUTION on?
    The prosecutor stated he allowed everyone to testify...including (and this is the part a lot of folks want to ignore) those that were quite obviously lying providing statement s AGAINST officer Wilson. His reasoning was that during a grand jury he wanted ALL the testimony in play.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: St. Louis Grand Jury Heard Witnesses Who Lied, Prosecutor Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    You seem to be operating under the mistaken notion that a trial has occurred.

    There was no trial. There was no defense or prosecution. There were no clients. There were no advocates.

    This Rule that you quote does not apply.
    You don't know what you say you know. As another poster on your side of the topic kept pointing out, the grand jury is a tribunal, which for some reason he thought justified the failure by the prosecutor to present evidence showing various witnesses were lying.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •