Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Terrorist massacre of children ‘blowback’ from U.S.-backed Pakistani offensive

  1. #41
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,037

    Re: Terrorist massacre of children ‘blowback’ from U.S.-backed Pakistani offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    https://news.yahoo.com/terrorist-mas...230211180.html

    There you go. Why did we even get ourselves involved in this?


    There is no tragedy out there so evil or pointless or stupid that some idiot hack won't try to blame America. Yeah. It's America's fault that Pakistan defends itself against terrorists who want to overthrow its government and install a neo-deobandi/wahabbi/pashtunwali/nihilist death-worship regime in its place

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Terrorist massacre of children ‘blowback’ from U.S.-backed Pakistani offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Because a democracy with human rights has nukes, a totalitarian backwards ****hole must have them as well? That's like saying because responsible people have guns, insane people must also have a guns. What sense does your position make. Beside, if the Indian government took control of Pakistan, Pakistanis would be far better off.

    So, why does India having nukes necessitate Pakistan having them?
    ...

    Because
    a) Is that in reference to India? LOL. Human rights my foot.
    b) That's just about the dumbest thing in this thread
    c) Because the only reason India isn't steamrolling into Pakistan, taking the Kashmir and other regions, is because both are nuclear powers. If one were to have the bombs and the other wouldn't, the one with the nukes would have a formidable advantage in that, it would be dominant over the tensions that they have. Pakistan would take a lot of territory that they see as "theirs", not just the kashmir region, the gujarat region IIRC is also on the table, and viceversa, if India would have nukes and Pakistan wouldn't they'd probably do what you think is the "good" thing and annex all of pakistan, bit by bit, not in one go. Salami tactics to make sure the rest of the world wouldn't care too much.

    So the only way to avoid war is to have both of them have nukes.
    And if you take India's nukes away, well, China will roll in and take a few regions that it squabbles over with India. And same for Pakistan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Even easier to pass the blame.

    Tell me, how has American involvement helped the war on terror?

    Please list all the massacres of school children by the Taliban BEFORE the US started drone bombing?

    I would suggests that "journalists" know a **** of a lot more than you, they at least cite sources, you have laid out a page of uniformed and unsubstantiated opinion against journalists in country, on scene who have been reporting backlash for over a year.
    You seem to be under the impression that I am siding with the taliban, I'm not, I'm just explaining why the USA is not at fault here and why this can't be blamed on the USA.

    If you think this is because of drone strikes, then you're wrong, this has been going on for decades. Yes, the drone strikes aren't helping to calm the population, but that's not the issue here because the pakistani officials aren't interested in that either. If the pakistani govt would be interested in making peace or being "fair" to the minorities in their country, there would be no need for drone strikes against the taliban.
    The issue is that the pakistani talibans are fighting because their people, the pashtun, are mistreated by the islamabad regime. They have little or no representation, they're treated as second class citizens even though they're muslims, well, other religious groups like christians and shia have it way worse but w/e, and they seek cultural union with Afghanistan. And no, that doesn't mean that they want democracy and cultural union, they just want union with afghanistan.

    It's easy where you're an american "journalist" to have an ameri-centric perspective. And it's wrong. The abuses of the islamabad regime are far more reaching than drone strikes. It's adding wood to the fire, it helps keep it alive. It doesn't start the fire.
    Now, the wars are a different story, the war in afghanistan in particular, that's a whole different story.

  3. #43
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,816
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Terrorist massacre of children ‘blowback’ from U.S.-backed Pakistani offensive

    UNITED NATIONS: A senior Pakistani diplomat has pledged the total annihilation of terrorism from his country as he denounced the "heinous and barbaric" attack on the Army Public School in Peshawar, killing over 132 children.

    Addressing the United Nations (UN) Security Council, Ambassador Sahebzada Ahmed Khan said, "The terrorist attacked our children and hit our heart and now we will go for their jugular." "Let me convey this message today that we will defeat terrorism," he declared, while debating on the topic titled "Terrorism and Cross-Border Crime".

    "Pakistan will prevail, no matter what and our mourning will only morph into a stronger resolve to fight back, even harder," he said.

    Reflecting on the heroic response of the teachers, the children and the lady principal of the school, who had chosen to stay back and help each other instead of simply saving their own lives, Ahmed Khan said in a voice choked with emotion, "This is my nation. These are my people and it is a matter of pride for me to represent such a resilient nation at the United Nations."

    Pakistan, he said, possessed unyielding resolve, a clear mind and a hand to execute affirmative action. "We will persist and persevere till the end of this blight. After all, Pakistan has been, since long, spearheading the international fight against terrorism. The country mourns today but we will, In shaa Allah, ensure the total annihilation of terrorists and their twisted ideologies," he added.

    Turning to the subject of the debate, the Pakistani envoy said that there was a difference between cross-border crime and cross-border organised crime. Nevertheless, recognising that terrorists could take advantage of a lack of border controls, he said that he fully subscribed to the need for border control mechanisms.
    Pakistan pledges total annihilation of terrorists

    To this I say FINALLY!

    The Taliban has been causing problems for Pakistan even before US military operations in Afghanistan pushed them across the border into Pakistan.

    Could you imagine how badly it would have gone for the Taliban with the US forces on the Afghanistan side of the border and the Pakistan military on the other side? A missed opportunity, I'd say.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,078

    Re: Terrorist massacre of children ‘blowback’ from U.S.-backed Pakistani offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    https://news.yahoo.com/terrorist-mas...230211180.html



    There you go. Why did we even get ourselves involved in this?
    because they would not hand over bin laden and because it would be bad to let these people openly rule a country or 2?

  5. #45
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Terrorist massacre of children ‘blowback’ from U.S.-backed Pakistani offensive

    I would hardly call the US urging a nation to face the issues within its own borders and that country subsequently getting "blowback" anything of substance. The Pakistani government knew the risks involved with poking and prodding with a terrorist group, and they were not prepared to deal with it fully, that is not the US's fault. Even me, who is against foreign intervention in almost every sense can see there is nothing here. I would much prefer the US be like "Hey buddy you should check out those extremists you got there" than invading the country. Invading in order to address the issue would have resulted in more long term civilian casualties.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  6. #46
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,171

    Re: Terrorist massacre of children ‘blowback’ from U.S.-backed Pakistani offensive

    Ridiculous.
    If the US doesn't bend to terrorists' demands, it is responsible for their attacks on it.
    If the US targets the terrorists that plan on targeting it then it's responsible for the terrorist attacks on it.
    Now even if there's the slightest connection between the US and the nation where a terror attack takes place at then that means the US is responsible for that barbaric attack.
    Simply pathetic.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  7. #47
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,116

    Re: Terrorist massacre of children ‘blowback’ from U.S.-backed Pakistani offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    After massacring kids, i'd expect nothing less.
    Last edited by Roadvirus; 12-21-14 at 05:09 PM.

  8. #48
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Terrorist massacre of children ‘blowback’ from U.S.-backed Pakistani offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    https://news.yahoo.com/terrorist-mas...230211180.html



    There you go. Why did we even get ourselves involved in this?
    It was only a matter of time before this got blamed on The United States.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •