Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 726

Thread: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

  1. #571
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Trying hard to conflate issues? Was KAL 007 responsible for multiple violations into Russian territory?
    I already got your point. Killing civilians is okay in order to protect a communist regime. Right?

  2. #572
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,078

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I already got your point. Killing civilians is okay in order to protect a communist regime. Right?
    Killing civilians to protect a regime? I didn't know the US was a communist regime. You're being hyperbolic now because you can't really post any of this so called history I should learn. Civilians don't get to complain if they unlawfully enter restricted airspace. They were warned by both the Cuban government and US government about their continued violations of international law. They refused to abide by those warnings, continued breaking international law and were shot down over it. I have no problem with any government doing this to any plane that continues to violate its airspace. Do you believe communists should get to fly into US airspace multiple times without regard for US sovereignty?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #573
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Or left loopholes in an Embargo.....huh?
    This is an ineresting timeline regarding Cuba. https://books.google.ca/books?id=r4j...pitals&f=false

    It get's really comical on May 5th when Jimmy Carter (who is Isaac Newton to BHO) welcomes all these newcomers with his toothy, self-satisfied, grin. Then watch the grin fade as the reality of the sense of betrayal by someone, as a fellow leftist who understood the innate evil of America, he knew and trusted..

    It seems time for Castro to send another few boatloads over.

  4. #574
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Killing civilians to protect a regime? I didn't know the US was a communist regime. You're being hyperbolic now because you can't really post any of this so called history I should learn. Civilians don't get to complain if they unlawfully enter restricted airspace. They were warned by both the Cuban government and US government about their continued violations of international law. They refused to abide by those warnings, continued breaking international law and were shot down over it. I have no problem with any government doing this to any plane that continues to violate its airspace.
    Right. You have no problem. I said I got it.

  5. #575
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,078

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Right. You have no problem. I said I got it.
    Your hyperbole and dishonesty are noted. However, all it shows is that you'd be perfectly fine with a foreign organization violating US airspace.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #576
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    This is an ineresting timeline regarding Cuba. https://books.google.ca/books?id=r4j...pitals&f=false

    It get's really comical on May 5th when Jimmy Carter (who is Isaac Newton to BHO) welcomes all these newcomers with his toothy, self-satisfied, grin. Then watch the grin fade as the reality of the sense of betrayal by someone, as a fellow leftist who understood the innate evil of America, he knew and trusted..

    It seems time for Castro to send another few boatloads over.

    Whats really comical is, people thinking we don't trade with Cuba. Castro says they aren't changing any thing up there.

    So basically, they just need some money.

  7. #577
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    taken
    Last Seen
    04-25-15 @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    624

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Trying hard to conflate issues? Was KAL 007 responsible for multiple violations into Russian territory?
    The US sends fighter planes to escort these sorts of individuals to a landing and usually only shoots them down if they actively refuse or clearly pose a threat. The idea typically doesn't entail a shoot first, ask questions later mentality, but if you're okay with that idea whatever. Partisanship isn't terribly easy to rationalize with and I'm not going to bother trying.

  8. #578
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    They'll continue the lifestyle to which they've become accustomed. Why would that change?
    Because they're octogenarians and will soon be in the ground.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #579
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Because they're octogenarians and will soon be in the ground.
    Yes, that's what everyone is hoping for but BHO's initiative won't hurry that process along. In fact it's more like a going away gift, justifying all he's accomplished over the past five decades.

  10. #580
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, that's what everyone is hoping for but BHO's initiative won't hurry that process along. In fact it's more like a going away gift, justifying all he's accomplished over the past five decades.
    Now that Obama has initiated diplomatic relations, the Castro Brothers will live forever? Huh?

    Maybe he'll initiate diplomatic relations with me. That would be nice.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •