Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 726

Thread: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

  1. #491
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I've heard a lot of people from China who come here are spooked by the lack of overt police presence because they're so used to being monitored that they assume it's everywhere, and they'd rather be monitored by someone (or something) they can see rather than someone or something they can't.
    They are monitored by both and dont have a choice.

  2. #492
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,903

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, the Cold War is over and thus their has been no suppression of human rights since then. Whew!
    And again, we are warm and fuzzy with plenty of dictators a hell of a lot worse than the Castros.

    Fifty-plus years of embargoes, sanctions and closed diplomacy has not accomplished the goal of removing them from power.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #493
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    "Emphasizing"?

    You know the righties have gone off the "with us or against us" deep end when they are champing at the bit to keep putting the screws to CUBA for no reason other than retribution for the Cold War.
    So you are 'with' the Castros? It seems you also have no idea what has happened to the Cuban people since 1989.

    The ignorance about the lack of human rights in Cuba and the number of Cubans the communists have murdered is truly astonishing. It's also clear from these threads that few leftists have done any research on the subject and know less than nothing about Cuba and the suffering of its people. Or their leftist beliefs are more important than human rights, just as was the case during the Cold War.

  4. #494
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,903

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So you are 'with' the Castros?
    Stopped reading there.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #495
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Stopped reading there.
    Kobie, more its that you are coming across as a Castro fan. Why are you?

  6. #496
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So you are 'with' the Castros? It seems you also have no idea what has happened to the Cuban people since 1989.

    The ignorance about the lack of human rights in Cuba and the number of Cubans the communists have murdered is truly astonishing. It's also clear from these threads that few leftists have done any research on the subject and know less than nothing about Cuba and the suffering of its people. Or their leftist beliefs are more important than human rights, just as was the case during the Cold War.

    Heya Grant. Whats funny is how BO Peep said Assad and Gadhafi had to go. Step down. All for doing the same thing that the Castros have been doing for 50 some years. Remember how the left was so emotionally torn over the fact that they could kill their own people. Go after protestors and demonstrators. Political Opponents and Rivals. Check out some of the threads with our main leftists characters here. Quite a different tune then.....huh?

  7. #497
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,903

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya Grant. Whats funny is how BO Peep said Assad and Gadhafi had to go. Step down. All for doing the same thing that the Castros have been doing for 50 some years. Remember how the left was so emotionally torn over the fact that they could kill their own people. Go after protestors and demonstrators. Political Opponents and Rivals. Check out some of the threads with our main leftists characters here. Quite a different tune then.....huh?
    /sigh

    Assad and Gadaffi were engaged in mass extermination campaigns that threatened to destabilize an entire region. The Castros, not so much. Cuba is also 90 miles from our shores.

    Are Fidel and Raoul nice guys? Absolutely not. But to put them on the same level as Assad and Gadaffi is a bit disingenuous, to say the least.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #498
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya Grant. Whats funny is how BO Peep said Assad and Gadhafi had to go. Step down. All for doing the same thing that the Castros have been doing for 50 some years. Remember how the left was so emotionally torn over the fact that they could kill their own people. Go after protestors and demonstrators. Political Opponents and Rivals. Check out some of the threads with our main leftists characters here. Quite a different tune then.....huh?
    Thats how it works with the left. They can't help themselves.

  9. #499
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Thats how it works with the left. They can't help themselves.
    You are the canary in the mine. Any issue that causes you problems is a good one to pursue. This is great news about Cuba!

  10. #500
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    You are the canary in the mine. Any issue that causes you problems is a good one to pursue. This is great news about Cuba!
    I think more likely your flack is thickest when Im over target.

Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •