Page 32 of 73 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 726

Thread: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

  1. #311
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Gee, what an upside. Trade with Cuba. Big deal. Who do you think will benefit from that? The people, or their dictators and army? Is that worth it? That's a hard decision?

    And tell me, what did we get back? More freedoms for the Cuban people? Opening up the country? Maybe cut back on the human rights violations? I thought Obama and the left were oh so concerned about torture and treating people well. But now Obama will overlook that in Cuba's case?

    There is no upside. That is why every President kept the embargo going. We never had one this clueless in office before. The Castros must be laughing at us.

    "What, the U.S. is lifting the embargo? Oh, no! What did we have to give up for that? HUH? NOTHING? LOL!"
    Your hate.... It consumes you. Your journey to the dark side is nearly complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #312
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Don't hold your breath for a pro Obama rant, he is the one perpetrating this mistake.

    They are a totalitarian regime. Political prisoners. State sponsor of terrorism. Oppressive, communist dictatorship. And we should ignore that and just open an embassy in Havana? Are you kidding? I see no upside. What upside are you seeing? And don't tell me that if we are nice to them they will change. And we get what in return?
    How many years do we give the sanctions? It's already been 55. Go for an even 100?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #313
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Then, why doesn't the Congress stand up on its hind legs and put an end to this authoritarian rule? Has it really become so dysfunctional, so limp wristed, so impotent that a president can simply take over both branches of government?

    Why don't our elected representatives address the issue of Cuba? Of illegal immigration? of health care? of anything at all? It's seriously time for a revolution at the ballot box in which we throw the rascals out and start over.
    Dude its gonna have to be a whole constitutional rewrite to fix it. A constitution that creates a government that represents people BEFORE it represents money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #314
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Cuba is, and has been, controlled. The sanctions work beautifully.

    And Cuba has not agreed to free elections, free press, free speech, free travel, or free anything for their citizens. So why are we doing this? We just traded three known spies for a plumber.
    Here's what I see - the Communist countries that we had diplomatic relations with: Russia, E Germany, Poland...not communist anymore. The ones we cut off like Cuba and North Korea are. So which strategy would you say has been more successful?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #315
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,902

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    About time... the embargoes and sanctions have done nothing other than to hurt the people... who then flee to the USA.
    First off Obama does not have authority to wave a magic wand and change everything even though he wished he did.
    Second, the most number fleeing Cuba and ending up on our shores was directly related to when Castro's regime took power.
    Third.....so you think it is about time these sanctions/embargos were lifted when they haven't been completely because Obama doesn't have such powers.
    Let me add a fourth. which shows you like most don't know what the Hell they are talking about and are reacting solely on emotion..
    What it also shows however, the number of morons among us, who have no clue. Who have no history that relates to Cuba. Who like to claim they are the sharpest pencils in the box but are actually full of crap.

    It is people like you who does not question the motives or the constitutionality for Obama to make such an E.O. Oh no, you aren't interested in the details ....you could care less. why? because you are a Big Government kind of guy. Right?

  6. #316
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    In order to recommence diplomatic relations with Cuba Obama might have done some negotiating on the human rights issue, for example. Apparently this was not done.
    Just gonna pose a quick note here.... Ain't it funny that the pro human rights in Cuba folk in this thread tend to also be the pro torture people in another thread? Interesting, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #317
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Rials6 View Post
    If he is trampling on the constitution or breaking laws why aren't republicans doing anything about it? Because he's not. Your just repeating what you've heard on tv with no actual facts. He's a constitutional scholar so I'm sure he knows how far he can go with out breaking any laws. And what do you mean whatever he can't get threw congress? Congress doesn't vote on anything. Lmao!
    I don't know that I'd say he isn't, but I think the Republicans are willing to look the other way because one of their guys will be living in the White House in a little more than 2 years.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #318
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Just gonna pose a quick note here.... Ain't it funny that the pro human rights in Cuba folk in this thread tend to also be the pro torture people in another thread? Interesting, no?
    Look who you replied to. If Obama had negotiated for human rights, he'd criticize Obama for that.

    Of course, it's very hard to negotiate with people that you're not even talking to. That's the other side of that argument.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #319
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Rials6 View Post
    I'm waiting impatiently for this new house and Senate. Let's talk approval ratings then. You wanted it so bad,well you got it. I feel like it will guarantee a dem presidency in 2016. Go Cruz!
    U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years
    I agree. I wish they had the balls to remove the filibuster. Then they'd own 100% of everything coming out of the legislature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #320
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,063

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    First off Obama does not have authority to wave a magic wand and change everything even though he wished he did.
    Second, the most number fleeing Cuba and ending up on our shores was directly related to when Castro's regime took power.
    Third.....so you think it is about time these sanctions/embargos were lifted when they haven't been completely because Obama doesn't have such powers.
    Let me add a fourth. which shows you like most don't know what the Hell they are talking about and are reacting solely on emotion..
    What it also shows however, the number of morons among us, who have no clue. Who have no history that relates to Cuba. Who like to claim they are the sharpest pencils in the box but are actually full of crap.
    Are you on your period? Seriously... WTF?

    It is people like you who does not question the motives or the constitutionality for Obama to make such an E.O. Oh no, you aren't interested in the details ....you could care less. why? because you are a Big Government kind of guy. Right?
    I am about as anti-Obama as a reasonable person can be and want much smaller government... but don't let those facts stop your hormone driven rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Page 32 of 73 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •