Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 726

Thread: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    You have a one track mind.
    Well.....as King Edward once said. One must find the good, even in the worst times.

    Besides.....have you ever seen Daisy Fuentes.




    skip.....


    Cameron Diaz....



    skip.....
    skip.....


    Eva Mendez.....




    Skip.....


    Sorry, the 8 track skips a lil.

  2. #22
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    I was convicted and sentenced at 12!
    Shhhh! We all were. Some just won't admit it.

  3. #23
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,429

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well.....as King Edward once said. One must find the good, even in the worst times.

    Besides.....have you ever seen Daisy Fuentes.




    skip.....


    Cameron Diaz....



    skip.....
    skip.....


    Eva Mendez.....




    Skip.....


    Sorry, the 8 track skips a lil.


    I've been to Cuba.

    These women are wearing far too many clothes and from what I recall are kind of "average" for Cuba.


    Not only are they beautiful but VERY friendly. My late wife's talons were fully extended at all times.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  4. #24
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,429

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Shhhh! We all were. Some just won't admit it.
    No. No. Go the other way.

    As my late wife used to say "it's OK to look, but remember you're taking it out on me."

    As long as only your eyes stray, you're cool.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  5. #25
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I oppose it because of how it was done. Another Obama E.O. then turns around and wants Congress to make it permanent. Also Obama was disingenuous with his remarks.
    Marco Rubio said the U.S. and Cuba were moving toward normalized banking and trade ties. He also said the U.S. was poised to open an embassy in Havana in the coming months.

    "This is going to do absolutely nothing to further human rights and democracy in Cuba," Rubio said in an interview. "But it potentially goes a long way in providing the economic lift that the Castro regime needs to become permanent fixtures in Cuba for generations to come."

    He's right. The people won't benefit from this. They will still be issued their allotted bags of beans and rice while the government gets rich.

    It seems like every week from Obama we get a new E.O. dramatically changing just about anything. One week it is writing legislation from the WH on Obamacare. Another week it is making his own appointees avoiding the confirmation process in Congress. Another week it is granting amnesty and changing immigration laws. Another was to give the EPA power to advance Cap-n-Trade ..... decision based upon his goals and wishes that fit into the UN's plan of their international global warming carbon taxing agenda. And now this!

    An abuse of executive power I have never seen the likes of in my lifetime. A constitutional crisis in the making.
    Nothing says "freedom" like keeping American citizens from traveling wherever they want to travel.

  6. #26
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,695

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    There is a possibility the value would go down. Demand would certainly go up, which would put upward pressure on pricing for the finest brands. Lower quality labels would likely step in to market to the less discriminating.

    At this point, the only real value of Cuba is tourism, so I suppose developers could show some interest. As to Obama and the 1% crowd, his future is already secure, the package wrapped and marketed, so it can't be that.
    How do you figure that? (Not to change the subject)
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  7. #27
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    No. No. Go the other way.

    As my late wife used to say "it's OK to look, but remember you're taking it out on me."

    As long as only your eyes stray, you're cool.
    Agreed. Imagination is a gift, as long as you realize that the imagining is the gift.

  8. #28
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,868

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by tjm0817 View Post
    Nothing says "freedom" like keeping American citizens from traveling wherever they want to travel.
    In 2011, the travel rules were amended to allow all Americans to visit Cuba as long as they are taking part in a "people-to-people" tour.

  9. #29
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,327

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I oppose it because of how it was done. Another Obama E.O. then turns around and wants Congress to make it permanent. Also Obama was disingenuous with his remarks.
    Marco Rubio said the U.S. and Cuba were moving toward normalized banking and trade ties. He also said the U.S. was poised to open an embassy in Havana in the coming months.

    "This is going to do absolutely nothing to further human rights and democracy in Cuba," Rubio said in an interview. "But it potentially goes a long way in providing the economic lift that the Castro regime needs to become permanent fixtures in Cuba for generations to come."

    He's right. The people won't benefit from this. They will still be issued their allotted bags of beans and rice while the government gets rich.

    It seems like every week from Obama we get a new E.O. dramatically changing just about anything. One week it is writing legislation from the WH on Obamacare. Another week it is making his own appointees avoiding the confirmation process in Congress. Another week it is granting amnesty and changing immigration laws. Another was to give the EPA power to advance Cap-n-Trade ..... decision based upon his goals and wishes that fit into the UN's plan of their international global warming carbon taxing agenda. And now this!

    An abuse of executive power I have never seen the likes of in my lifetime. A constitutional crisis in the making.
    Yeah, but no politician criticizes human right abuses in Saudi Arabia.

    This was long overdue, and Marco is just being a wanker.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  10. #30
    Why so un**great?
    DifferentDrummr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Facepalm Beach
    Last Seen
    06-04-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,818
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

    The embargo has accomplished nothing in the last decade or two. Rampant commercialization and tourist traps won't make things any worse. (shrug)
    I fight against the ignorant, irresponsible, and/or closed-minded.
    This group is the worst enemy of America and its freedoms. It includes, but is not limited to, all Trump supporters.

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •