Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Key Witness In Michael Brown Case May Not Have Actually Seen Him Die, Report Says

  1. #1
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Key Witness In Michael Brown Case May Not Have Actually Seen Him Die, Report Says

    Key Witness In Michael Brown Case May Not Have Actually Seen Him Die, Report Says
    A new report from The Smoking Gun calls into question the testimony and character of a grand jury witness who corroborated police officer Darren Wilson's account of shooting Michael Brown.The Smoking Gun confirmed that Sandra McElroy, a 45-year-old St. Louis resident who has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, is Witness 40, the person whose testimony aligned with Wilson's account of how he killed Brown, an unarmed black teenager, in Ferguson, Missouri, in August.

    ...
    McElroy's journal, where she described seeing the shooting, says she went to Florissant, Missouri, a town near Ferguson, on the morning of Brown's death to "understand the Black race better so I stop calling Blacks Niggers and Start calling them People." And in a subsequent entry describing the Brown-Wilson encounter, McElroy describes Brown as a "big kid" who "started running right at the cop" and "wouldn't stop" even after the first three gunshots.
    I didn't see this posted yet in the MSM or Non-MSM area, so I figured I'd throw it up. I'm not sure it changes anything, other than that prosecutor clearly didn't do a good job vetting his "witness" (though I'm not sure why the prosecutor would call a witness that defends the defendant - is that normal?).
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Key Witness In Michael Brown Case May Not Have Actually Seen Him Die, Report Says

    What does it matter if she is bipolar?

  3. #3
    Jokes Are a Cry For Help.
    CMPancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,947
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Key Witness In Michael Brown Case May Not Have Actually Seen Him Die, Report Says

    Unless you can prove that this witness is lying I don't see how this would lead anywhere. What does worry me are the people who are going to harp on the obviously not well person for her medical condition.

  4. #4
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Key Witness In Michael Brown Case May Not Have Actually Seen Him Die, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    What does it matter if she is bipolar?
    I guess you didn't read the article.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  5. #5
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Key Witness In Michael Brown Case May Not Have Actually Seen Him Die, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    Unless you can prove that this witness is lying I don't see how this would lead anywhere. What does worry me are the people who are going to harp on the obviously not well person for her medical condition.
    So..

    But The Smoking Gun reported that McElroy changed her story about why she was in Ferguson, has a history of making racist comments online and once inserted herself into another case by lying to police. The outlet also said McElroy "was nowhere near Canfield Drive on the Saturday afternoon Brown was shot to death."
    Seems like something that should have been cleared. I think there were other people around who would side with Wilson - so this probably doesn't change anything. This is more about the prosecution, why they chose to defend the defendant during the grand jury, and why they wouldn't vet a witness like this.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Key Witness In Michael Brown Case May Not Have Actually Seen Him Die, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I guess you didn't read the article.
    Ah -- her lying is attributed to her being bipolar. I got it now.

  7. #7
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Key Witness In Michael Brown Case May Not Have Actually Seen Him Die, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    So..



    Seems like something that should have been cleared. I think there were other people around who would side with Wilson - so this probably doesn't change anything. This is more about the prosecution, why they chose to defend the defendant during the grand jury, and why they wouldn't vet a witness like this.
    So, you want to deploy the thought police?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #8
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Key Witness In Michael Brown Case May Not Have Actually Seen Him Die, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Ah -- her lying is attributed to her being bipolar. I got it now.
    Her being bipolar is probably one of the less important aspects of the story.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Key Witness In Michael Brown Case May Not Have Actually Seen Him Die, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Her being bipolar is probably one of the less important aspects of the story.
    It went Her Name, Her Age, Where She Lives and then She Has Bipolar. If it wasn't important, they would not have mentioned it whatsoever let alone in the first sentence specifically naming the woman. They're positing that her bipolar has lead to her being a person of unbecoming integrity. It is still very taboo in the U.S. for a person with a mental illness. The mentioning of her born with ailment is meant to reflect that negative societal POV so the court of public opinion can dismiss her entirely because she's a crazy person because she has bipolar. Her previous antics would have sufficed without needing to pull her mental illness into the equation because the average American isn't able to differentiate the difference between the illness itself and the people that are incessantly plagued by it.

  10. #10
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Key Witness In Michael Brown Case May Not Have Actually Seen Him Die, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    It went Her Name, Her Age, Where She Lives and then She Has Bipolar. If it wasn't important, they would not have mentioned it whatsoever let alone in the first sentence specifically naming the woman. They're positing that her bipolar has lead to her being a person of unbecoming integrity. It is still very taboo in the U.S. for a person with a mental illness. The mentioning of her born with ailment is meant to reflect that negative societal POV so the court of public opinion can dismiss her entirely because she's a crazy person because she has bipolar. Her previous antics would have sufficed without needing to pull her mental illness into the equation because the average American isn't able to differentiate the difference between the illness itself and the people that are incessantly plagued by it.
    I have no problem with what you are saying. You're probably right that they could have left it out.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •