N.C. teen's death a lynching, mother says - CNN.com
North Carolina protesters call for fresh probe in teen's hanging | ReutersN.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching
Bladenboro, North Carolina (CNN) -- Claudia Lacy says she can accept anything: even that her youngest son committed suicide -- if it's proven and explained to her.However, she says, local and state investigators have done neither to support their theory that Lennon Lacy hanged himself one summer night."That's all I've ever asked for: what is due, owed rightfully to me and my family -- justice. Prove to me what happened to my child," Lacy says.She says she's long lost confidence in the Bladenboro Police Department and the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation.Now, the FBI is looking into Lacy's death and the local and state investigations that followed.
The last time Lacy saw and heard her son was August 28. Lennon, 17, played the lineman position for the West Bladen High School Knights, and was focused on football.His family says that night, he packed a gym bag, washed his ankle brace and hung it on the clothesline to dry before heading out for an evening walk.The teen had asthma, his mother says, and a doctor had recommended he exercise outdoors at night when the temperature and humidity dropped. Around 10:30, Lennon left his family's small apartment and headed down a dirt road.His family never saw him alive again.The family says Lennon had not changed his routine and was focused on college and football -- and distracted by his girlfriend.
FBI investigating possible lynching - ABC57 News - See the Difference Michiana
Ruled a suicide, black teen
North Carolina teen's hanging ruled a suicide, but was it a lynching? - LA Times
I wasnt there, dont know what happened but the amount of questions, things that done add up and short comings on the reports and investigation all leave me with an OPINION there was some type of foul play and this wasnt a suicide.
Like the person(s) who burned that girl up I hope they catch them, its very quick justice and death penalties.
just to rehash some of the concerns according to the articles:
- he packed a gym back, washed close and sports equipment and lied out some clothes before leaving to exercise
- took a selfie of himself before so
- a 52yr old woman made the 911 call and supposedly removed the 207lb teen from where he was hanging
- Lennon was 5-foot-9. The crossbar of the swing set frame he was found hanging from was 7-foot-6 and nothing at the scene to explain how he would of hung himself
- belts (possible dog leashes) that were used werent his, they also werent cut which would have probably been needed to bring the teen down
- the shoes he was found in were not his and 2 sizes too small, and these shoes never made it into the medical examiners office.
seems way to shady to me not to be some type of foul play