Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 218

Thread: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

  1. #121
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    What's obvious is the term "lynching" is the word that most clearly describes that crime. It's bizarre anyone would debate the point.

    Or really you would write that this way, "An example of a 'lynching is when a black man is hung by a crowd (two or more) of white people because _____________(insert ANY reason at all)."
    correct I agree it is truly bizarre to deny the facts i posted
    also it doesnt even have to be black and white it can still be white and white if its over religion or some other perceived offense
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #122
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,843

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    That bolded section should be the beginning and the end of your statement on the case.
    OK, same goes for you and everyone else who have somehow made this a 12 page thread.....
    Last edited by JasperL; 12-18-14 at 11:12 AM.

  3. #123
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Racism is still pretty prevalent in the North too. The only difference is that it's all out in the open in the South, while in the North, people hide it, while pointing fingers at the South.
    I dont disagree with that, i would say its more common in the south but you are right its more hidden in the north so that makes it hard to tell.
    But at the same time if a person can hide it how racist are they. FOr example if you are the parent of a person who is in an interracial couple and inside you dont like it but never say anything about it and just let it happen i'd say thats a different level of racism.

    Not trying to take away from your point which i agree with, just saying there are many factors and considerations outside of your point too.

    Being biracial myself i get a VERY good inside look at racism because many people are racist around me (BLACK AND WHITE) because the either dont think i care or they dont know what I am lol Its a look in to racism that only very few can get.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #124
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Who has said a lynching was "probable?" His mother doesn't even say a crime was probable, just that she wants it competently investigated and some of the unexplainable circumstances explained.

    And that wasn't your point - you were surprised that we assume, IF a crime was committed, that the perps were white. Seems like a fair speculation given the long association of hanging of black men by whites, and the fact that murders for other reasons are, as you point out, almost never hangings.
    Immediately, Lacy believed her son's death was the result of some foul play.

    "He didn't do this to himself," Lacy says.

    She believes Lennon was lynched.


    From the OP. Now how does that sync with "His mother doesn't even say a crime was probable"?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #125
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    "Would hardly be the first" =/=> "daily occurrence in the South"



    Fair enough, when the cops can't explain why the loved one wasn't wearing his own shoes, the shoes he walked out with were missing, he hanged himself with belts/leashes not his, and no one can explain the physics of how the hanging actually took place, or apparently explain how a 51 year old woman got him down without cutting said belts/leashes, etc. of if cut, why that belt never made it to the medical examiner, etc.
    How many lynchings of men have we seen in the south this year?

    I have said repeatedly in this thread that the shoe issue is a concerning one. The belts/leashes not his and the 51 year old woman I don't understand. The medical examiner needs to demand the belt.

    I look forward to all the threads on suicide/homicide going forward. I think.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #126
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I think Agent J does. He was the one posting evidence he thinks shows there was foul play and posted the article by the LA Times that brings up lynching. I think Danarhea thinks it was since he tried to link it to Emit Till. And I think iliveonramen believes that it was because he was arguing that hanging a person is uncommon except in a "very specific circumstance" (read: lynching)
    as usual your post thinks wrong about me
    I DO think this is shady
    I DO think theres evidence that suggest foul play
    I DO think there is enough to warrant a deeper outside investigation

    but i clearly said i dont know what happened and i wasnt there
    my conversations about "lynchings" were to two posters that didn't know what they were. 1 falsely claimed that lynching had to involve race, thats wrong. The other falsely claimed that a lynching had to be based on a LEGAL crime, that was also wrong.

    BUT due to the lengthy time it took for me, the dictionary and other posters to get them to understand this fact so I could understand how you made your mistake, i could have easily made it myself.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #127
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    OK, same goes for you and everyone else who have somehow made this a 12 page thread.....
    I'm not guessing at what happened, I am simply calling out those who think they know more than they actually do.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #128
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    as usual your post thinks wrong about me
    I DO think this is shady
    I DO think theres evidence that suggest foul play
    I DO think there is enough to warrant a deeper outside investigation

    but i clearly said i dont know what happened and i wasnt there
    my conversations about "lynchings" were to two posters that didn't know what they were. 1 falsely claimed that lynching had to involve race, thats wrong. The other falsely claimed that a lynching had to be based on a LEGAL crime, that was also wrong.

    BUT due to the lengthy time it took for me, the dictionary and other posters to get them to understand this fact so I could understand how you made your mistake, i could have easily made it myself.
    Yeah, and you just call foul play and link to an arcticle suggesting it was a lynching ... but you take no real stand on the matter. Pull the other one.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #129
    Guru
    Kurmugeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    4,881

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    The shoe thing is definitely odd. But why is she calling it a lynching? It could be that he was killed by a rival for his girlfriend, or someone from another football team, or his sister. The use of "lynching" implies that white men/man killed him because he was black. That may or may not be true but you need more evidence than he was cheerful when he left and the shoes weren't him to assume it was a lynching as we understand lynching.

    They should reopen the case. That I agree with. But reopen it with an open mind, not because she and the NAACP say it was a lynching.

    I hope they get the answers so the family can try to recover some of their lives that had to have been wrecked by the tragedy.
    Just another fine example of :

    BLACK PRIVILEGE

  10. #130
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,843

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Immediately, Lacy believed her son's death was the result of some foul play.

    "He didn't do this to himself," Lacy says.

    She believes Lennon was lynched.


    From the OP. Now how does that sync with "His mother doesn't even say a crime was probable"?
    Also from the OP, and quoted directly in that post:

    Claudia Lacy says she can accept anything: even that her youngest son committed suicide -- if it's proven and explained to her.However, she says, local and state investigators have done neither to support their theory that Lennon Lacy hanged himself one summer night."That's all I've ever asked for: what is due, owed rightfully to me and my family -- justice. Prove to me what happened to my child,"

    But if you want to assert the mother believes a crime was probable - fine. Don't care enough to debate fine points of her position.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •