Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 218

Thread: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

  1. #101
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,649

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    207 pound High School Football player isn't just going to sit there and let someone hang him.

    Unless of-course he was suicidal.

    There's going to be a struggle and evidence of a struggle.

    Calling this " lynching " ??

    Ridiculous. They're not even sure there was a crime committed.

    I like how some people here immediately assume white people did it...
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #102
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,730

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    A black man is hung by a group for dating a white woman, they hung him for dating a white women and they believe that is wrong.
    ...
    Is my example and statement true? COULD that be an example of lynching? yes or no
    What's obvious is the term "lynching" is the word that most clearly describes that crime. It's bizarre anyone would debate the point.

    Or really you would write that this way, "An example of a 'lynching is when a black man is hung by a crowd (two or more) of white people because _____________(insert ANY reason at all)."

  3. #103
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,730

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I like how some people here immediately assume white people did it...
    I don't think anyone assumes there was a crime at all. But it would seem rational to speculate that if he was murdered, hanging points to a racially motivated crime. If the motive was to steal his shoes or his wallet or was drug related, we'd expect to see the person shot or stabbed or beaten to death.

  4. #104
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,649

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Not common, perhaps, but hardly rare.

    Lynching Statistics

    Of course since these statistics are almost 50 years old, the numbers will have increased.

    Sorry, if you want to claim lynchings today are "hardly rare" you need to provide statistics that don't end 50 years ago. It ls entirely an illogical leap to assume that the number of lynchings have increased year to year. I'd be surprised if the number is higher than zero for 2014.
    Last edited by jmotivator; 12-18-14 at 09:38 AM.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #105
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,649

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I don't think anyone assumes there was a crime at all. But it would seem rational to speculate that if he was murdered, hanging points to a racially motivated crime. If the motive was to steal his shoes or his wallet or was drug related, we'd expect to see the person shot or stabbed or beaten to death.
    What? When people are calling it a probable lynching they are assuming a crime was committed.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #106
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,730

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Sorry, if you want to claim lynchings today are "hardly rare" you need to provide statistics that don't end 50 years ago. It ls entirely an illogical leap to assume that the number of lynchings have increased year to year. I'd be surprised if the number is higher than zero for 2014.

    Oops, sorry, there was one. A US Marine was lynched for daring to walk in to a Waffle House where his color was not welcome... he was white.
    Based on your link that's a very misleading summary of the events. There was some type of altercation between three whites and a group of blacks, reason unknown, the police were called and it was broken up. An hour later the fight resumed, this time with a white person getting severely injured. And police in Mississippi were quoted as saying they were investigating it as an assault, not a hate crime. Maybe you have more information not in your link.

  7. #107
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,730

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    What? When people are calling it a probable lynching they are assuming a crime was committed.
    Who has said a lynching was "probable?" His mother doesn't even say a crime was probable, just that she wants it competently investigated and some of the unexplainable circumstances explained.

    And that wasn't your point - you were surprised that we assume, IF a crime was committed, that the perps were white. Seems like a fair speculation given the long association of hanging of black men by whites, and the fact that murders for other reasons are, as you point out, almost never hangings.

  8. #108
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,649

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Based on your link that's a very misleading summary of the events. There was some type of altercation between three whites and a group of blacks, reason unknown, the police were called and it was broken up. An hour later the fight resumed, this time with a white person getting severely injured. And police in Mississippi were quoted as saying they were investigating it as an assault, not a hate crime. Maybe you have more information not in your link.
    Yeah, I deleted the reference while you were posting. This lowers my estimate of total lynchings in 2014 back to zero.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #109
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,649

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I don't think anyone assumes there was a crime at all. But it would seem rational to speculate that if he was murdered, hanging points to a racially motivated crime. If the motive was to steal his shoes or his wallet or was drug related, we'd expect to see the person shot or stabbed or beaten to death.
    I think Agent J does. He was the one posting evidence he thinks shows there was foul play and posted the article by the LA Times that brings up lynching. I think Danarhea thinks it was since he tried to link it to Emit Till. And I think iliveonramen believes that it was because he was arguing that hanging a person is uncommon except in a "very specific circumstance" (read: lynching)
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  10. #110
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,649

    Re: N.C. teen's hanging death ruled a suicide; mother says it was a lynching

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Who has said a lynching was "probable?" His mother doesn't even say a crime was probable, just that she wants it competently investigated and some of the unexplainable circumstances explained.

    And that wasn't your point - you were surprised that we assume, IF a crime was committed, that the perps were white. Seems like a fair speculation given the long association of hanging of black men by whites, and the fact that murders for other reasons are, as you point out, almost never hangings.
    Ah, racial profiling.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •