Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 272

Thread: 84 children killed as Taliban storm school [W:171]

  1. #81
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: 84 children killed as Taliban storm school

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    More unsubstantiated and wrong information. They don't have "ties" to religion. That is a lie. They are religious institutions. Paid for and supported by whatever religious group. My wife for instance has a masters from Olivet Nazarene University in business. So you are just making up things now.

    Your basic premise is nonsense and made up as well. A large part of human advancement came directly from religion including social, economic and education. They still do from religious research hospitals etc. So wrong again there.

    According to whom? Religion at it's core is about spirituality. If it was about only control, why don't secular humanist regimes use it? Oh they don't, they tend to be Godless and use just force of arms. Systems of faith pushed us out of the stone age and into our now modern age. Systems of faith teach taking care of other, enlightenment and transcendence depending on your religion.

    You are just painting with a huge brush with no real understanding of the history and the positive contributions from the past and present from religion.

    Don't try and shift the goal posts with your strawman. This is about someone making a blanket statement about ALL religions and you trying to defend the ignorance of said statement.

    This again has little to do with your absurd rhetoric.
    It is amazing how upset you are getting over all this.
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  2. #82
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: 84 children killed as Taliban storm school

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Carlin was dead on when He said.
    Yes because a comedian is such a source of wisdom.

    Still waiting for you to justify your hack statement. Or are you just ignoring it because you know it's true?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #83
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: 84 children killed as Taliban storm school

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    It is amazing how upset you are getting over all this.
    Why is it when people have no response because they just figured out their argument is indefensible... the second party is accused of getting upset?

    You have no real argument. You have untrue blanket statements. Don't accuse me of being upset because you were wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #84
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: 84 children killed as Taliban storm school

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Why is it when people have no response because they just figured out their argument is indefensible... the second party is accused of getting upset?

    You have no real argument. You have untrue blanket statements. Don't accuse me of being upset because you were wrong.
    All my statements are very accurate, we have dead kids on our hands exclusively because of religious objection to education. Pretend all you need to but education and religion have to much in opposition to be partners.
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  5. #85
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: 84 children killed as Taliban storm school

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    It's posts like these that make me wish DP had a "dislike" feature.
    Hey, it's just how I feel.

    If you want to send your money and kids over to the Middle East in order to try to effect some positive change don't let me stand in your way.

    Given that over the past decade we've spent thousands of lives and billions of dollars trying to do just that, and have only really succeeded in making things worse, I fail to see what real, rational justification you could give for throwing good after bad, but again, you, personally, feel free to do whatever you want.

    Just don't expect me to commiserate with you because, "...for the children..."

    Yeah, it sucks that kids get killed.

    You know what makes today different than any other day in terms of kids being killed, abused, used as religious pawns, and etc... in the Arab/Muslim world?

    It's Tuesday.

    They need to get their own **** together before I even begin to raise an eyebrow about how they're living over there.
    “Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
    For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
    And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

  6. #86
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: 84 children killed as Taliban storm school

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Why would we want to waterboard them? Why would we want our young men and women to sink to that level? We don't so that to serial and child killers here.
    Perhaps to find out who else might have been involved so we can save more children from the same fate?

    Crazy, I know.

  7. #87
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: 84 children killed as Taliban storm school

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    All my statements are very accurate, we have dead kids on our hands exclusively because of religious objection to education.
    Wrong again. We have dead kids on our hands because a terrorist group using religion as an excuse was taking vengeance on a military-run high school, with mostly children of army personnel.

    Education had absolutely nothing to do with it...

    "We selected the army's school for the attack because the government is targeting our families and females," said Taliban spokesman Muhammad Umar Khorasani. "We want them to feel the pain." - Taliban assault on Pakistani school ends, 130 dead, mostly children | Reuters

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    Pretend all you need to but education and religion have to much in opposition to be partners.
    Now that you know the truth... Are you still going to continue with your bigoted and wrong information?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #88
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,533

    Re: 84 children killed as Taliban storm school

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Why would we want to waterboard them? Why would we want our young men and women to sink to that level? We don't so that to serial and child killers here.
    Well personally I've never had an abortion and don't agree with them, but if you wan't to discuss abortion, there are probably other relevant threads, or you could start one of your own.
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  9. #89
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: 84 children killed as Taliban storm school

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Perhaps to find out who else might have been involved so we can save more children from the same fate?

    Crazy, I know.
    Yes lets fly them from Pakistan to the US to waterboard them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #90
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,533

    Re: 84 children killed as Taliban storm school

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Yes because a comedian is such a source of wisdom.

    Still waiting for you to justify your hack statement. Or are you just ignoring it because you know it's true?
    Comedian or not, He's dead on.
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •