Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 80 of 80

Thread: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

  1. #71
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    He was probably ****ed up, before he went to war. Murders like this aren't typically a sign of PTSD.
    No but such personality flaws can be brought out by things like PTSD, that would never necessarily manifest otherwise...

  2. #72
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    No but such personality flaws can be brought out by things like PTSD, that would never necessarily manifest otherwise...
    Pshycotic behavior isn't connected to PTSD,
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #73
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Pshycotic behavior isn't connected to PTSD,
    Hilarious and incorrect. In fact some doctors believe psychotic symptoms should also be a symptom of PTSD. They certainly can co-occur and have a higher likely hood to in people with PTSD. Psychotic symptoms can be connected to trauma as well...

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    No Vietnam started in 1955. Eisenhower was in office. That's simply a fact. JFK did expand troops in nam greatly, but we already had troops their, sent by Eisenhower. Furthermore he started the sick "domino theory" that resulted in all those wars and us overthrowing multiple governments in south America among other places because we where scared of communism spreading.

    Eisenhower gave diem financial support throughout his presidency, so your basically saying Eisenhower was a huge hypocrite...

    Jfk did the same as Eisenhower by expanding the war Eisenhower started and backing diem as Eisenhower did. Furthermore he new nothing of the assassination (that was the CIA and military industrial complex's doing)

    Kennedy had planned to exile diem, he was quoted as saying the assassination was "particularly abhorrent" and when people tried to console him by telling him they where despots he said "No. They were in a difficult position. They did the best they could for their country." So again your just wrong their...

    Allot of the reason for the jfk assassination was probably the diem brothers death and his reaction. He started realizing that the military industrial complex was a real threat (like Eisenhower warned the nation) and started attempting to stem the tide in Washington. I have always thought that's what got him killed.

    No it was coined to label liberals who where anti Stalinist, not communist. Their is a huge difference between the two, and a communist government is a oxymoron (you literally can't have one, by definition if you achieve communism their is no more government)

    However the word has evolved (specifically the abbreviation neocon) to mean war supporting conservative.

    Conservatives have claimed for a long time that they don't support wars abroad, but the facts of the last 60 years or so do not back up this claim. Again conservatives started every war except for those under Clinton and Truman.

    Heck Reagan (a icon for most cons today) invaded Grenada and was quoted as saying "Defense is not a budget item. You spend what you need."
    Which he most certainly did. Not very conservative if you ask me, but hey no one else republicans have elected really was either...
    You are aware that the PLAF aka VC waged a war of terrorism until 1961. Before 1961 the PLAF engaged in terrorist bombings, assassination of teachers, public government officials , hamlet leaders and the Vietnamese peasant, etc. The first time the VC would engage ARVAN in combat was in 1961.
    The NVA (North Viet Nam Army) didn't enter the war until 1965.

  5. #75
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    You are aware that the PLAF aka VC waged a war of terrorism until 1961. Before 1961 the PLAF engaged in terrorist bombings, assassination of teachers, public government officials , hamlet leaders and the Vietnamese peasant, etc. The first time the VC would engage ARVAN in combat was in 1961.
    The NVA (North Viet Nam Army) didn't enter the war until 1965.
    That's true but ARVAN was fighting NLF in 1955, and the PLAF... we are fighting a war against supposed terrorists right now is that not a war?

    Also vc just means Vietnamese communist. Technically all these groups are vc, although originally it meant communists in the south I believe...

    Furthermore why would we send "military advisors" (a fancy way of saying troops) to Vietnam if their was no one fighting?
    Last edited by b_dubz; 12-18-14 at 02:54 AM.

  6. #76
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    He claimed to suffer from PTSD. That same article says so, and maybe unstable people have a tendency to join the military. My friend in Jordan was almost a heroin addict before he joined (he was addicted to oxycottin) furthermore pointing out the flaws in wars of aggression is not "using" a tragic situation, its pointing out the common sense implications of it.

    But please continue building a straw man...
    He "claimed" to suffer from PTSD. A man who just killed a half dozen innocent people, including a teenager. Yes, he was a credible man.

    No straw man here, sorry to disappoint you. Just calling out people who use the deaths of 6 innocent people and minimal other facts to advance an anti-war agenda. But keep at it. Maybe you can take your laptop to their graves and post some more about how the poor man was a victim.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #77
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    He "claimed" to suffer from PTSD. A man who just killed a half dozen innocent people, including a teenager. Yes, he was a credible man.

    No straw man here, sorry to disappoint you. Just calling out people who use the deaths of 6 innocent people and minimal other facts to advance an anti-war agenda. But keep at it. Maybe you can take your laptop to their graves and post some more about how the poor man was a victim.
    His claims of PTSD predate him killing six people. He wasn't using it as an alibi.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #78
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    His claims of PTSD predate him killing six people. He wasn't using it as an alibi.
    Fascinating. Share that with someone who says the dead man needed an alibi for something. That isn't me.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #79
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Fascinating. Share that with someone who says the dead man needed an alibi for something. That isn't me.
    You said his claims of PTSD lack credibility because he did something horrible.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #80
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    He "claimed" to suffer from PTSD. A man who just killed a half dozen innocent people, including a teenager. Yes, he was a credible man.

    No straw man here, sorry to disappoint you. Just calling out people who use the deaths of 6 innocent people and minimal other facts to advance an anti-war agenda. But keep at it. Maybe you can take your laptop to their graves and post some more about how the poor man was a victim.
    I never did that.

    You obviously are incapable of looking at a tragic situation objectively and seeing the bigger implications...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •