Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 80

Thread: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

  1. #11
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Manhunt for 'Armed and Dangerous' Suspect in Pennsylvania Shooting Spree - ABC News

    Early this morning a ex military man who served in Iraq killed six people including his ex wife and a 14 year old girl. He is still at large.

    To me this is yet another reason to stop the wars. Allot of the people that come back suffer from PTSD, and that can make them unstable.
    Allot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  2. #12
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    Can we avoid the partisan mudslinging while the shooter is still out at large, guys?
    Agreed wholeheartedly. All we know is something terrible happened and this fellow is on the run. Hope they catch him soon and get to the bottom of it. Sad day when we can't acknowledge six people, an entire family, has died

  3. #13
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Bush was a neoconservative. Basically the idea that the reason liberalism is bad is because it harms freedom (which is a liberal idea in the first place).

    Those wars were most certainly fought to spread liberal democracy to those countries. It was in the name of the operations for goodness sake.
    Yea that's why I called him a neocon...

    I'm all for freedom of certain levels. I do believe in regulation as well, especially in a capitalist society.

    However those wars where started by people that at least call themselves conservatives, and certainly are not liberal. Theirs no getting around that.

    Those wars where fought to make money. They made money for the military industrial complex, and ensured america has military bases in the ME, which we can then use to protect oil reserves if we ever get into a fight with, say China over oil.

    Dick Cheney made millions off the war. He saw his stock rise 3000 percent due to the war from '04 to '05 alone. Halliburton made a estimated 40 billion off of Iraq because of no bid no audit contracts.

    If we had fought wars to spread liberal democracy as you claim, why on earth would we allow them to establish a state religion? That's the total opposite of liberal democracy...

    We did it for money. Plain and simple. "Operation Iraqi freedom" was pure propaganda to that end...

  4. #14
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,903

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Yea that's why I called him a neocon...

    I'm all for freedom of certain levels. I do believe in regulation as well, especially in a capitalist society.

    However those wars where started by people that at least call themselves conservatives, and certainly are not liberal. Theirs no getting around that.

    Those wars where fought to make money. They made money for the military industrial complex, and ensured america has military bases in the ME, which we can then use to protect oil reserves if we ever get into a fight with, say China over oil.

    Dick Cheney made millions off the war. He saw his stock rise 3000 percent due to the war from '04 to '05 alone. Halliburton made a estimated 40 billion off of Iraq because of no bid no audit contracts.

    If we had fought wars to spread liberal democracy as you claim, why on earth would we allow them to establish a state religion? That's the total opposite of liberal democracy...

    We did it for money. Plain and simple. "Operation Iraqi freedom" was pure propaganda to that end...
    I don't think Paleocon is using the same definition of "liberal" as you are.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #15
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Yea that's why I called him a neocon...

    I'm all for freedom of certain levels. I do believe in regulation as well, especially in a capitalist society.

    However those wars where started by people that at least call themselves conservatives, and certainly are not liberal. Theirs no getting around that.

    Those wars where fought to make money. They made money for the military industrial complex, and ensured america has military bases in the ME, which we can then use to protect oil reserves if we ever get into a fight with, say China over oil.

    Dick Cheney made millions off the war. He saw his stock rise 3000 percent due to the war from '04 to '05 alone. Halliburton made a estimated 40 billion off of Iraq because of no bid no audit contracts.

    If we had fought wars to spread liberal democracy as you claim, why on earth would we allow them to establish a state religion? That's the total opposite of liberal democracy...

    We did it for money. Plain and simple. "Operation Iraqi freedom" was pure propaganda to that end...
    this nutty nonsense belongs in the CT section



  6. #16
    Fourum Addmean
    shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the sodomizers
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    If he ate the 6 people he'd then be really at large.
    Either I'm right or you're wrong.

  7. #17
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    If he ate the 6 people he'd then be really at large.
    Too soon.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Yea that's why I called him a neocon...

    I'm all for freedom of certain levels. I do believe in regulation as well, especially in a capitalist society.

    However those wars where started by people that at least call themselves conservatives, and certainly are not liberal. Theirs no getting around that.

    Those wars where fought to make money. They made money for the military industrial complex, and ensured america has military bases in the ME, which we can then use to protect oil reserves if we ever get into a fight with, say China over oil.

    Dick Cheney made millions off the war. He saw his stock rise 3000 percent due to the war from '04 to '05 alone. Halliburton made a estimated 40 billion off of Iraq because of no bid no audit contracts.

    If we had fought wars to spread liberal democracy as you claim, why on earth would we allow them to establish a state religion? That's the total opposite of liberal democracy...

    We did it for money. Plain and simple. "Operation Iraqi freedom" was pure propaganda to that end...
    Whether or not money was a motive, spreading liberalism was the express purpose in the operation title. That we (praise be to God) failed, does not negate the fact.

    Keep in mind that the neocon position is basically that liberalism is good, but needs to be selectively applied in order to avoid destroying itself.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    You're right. It's probably the result of PTSD contracted due to fighting in our wars of liberal expansionism.
    Liberal expansion?

    Geeh, let's remember. Iraq war, started in 2002 under a Republican president, a Republican senate and a republican house of representatives but it is a war of "liberal" expansionism? No, this was a war of ill fated brain child of neo-cons who conned the people of the world into believing that Saddam was working on nukes and on chemical and biological weapons. No Paleocon, this was neocon expansionism.

    And even if it were a liberal expansionism, there is no evidence that this is the cause of his violent outburst. Some people are just total dickheads and assholes who think they can do whatever they want because they own their family, it is their property to do with what they want. But even that is just speculation on my part, but it is a lot more likely than PTSD from a non-existing liberal war of expansionism.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Man kills 6 family members, still at large.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Liberal expansion?

    Geeh, let's remember. Iraq war, started in 2002 under a Republican president, a Republican senate and a republican house of representatives but it is a war of "liberal" expansionism? No, this was a war of ill fated brain child of neo-cons who conned the people of the world into believing that Saddam was working on nukes and on chemical and biological weapons. No Paleocon, this was neocon expansionism.

    And even if it were a liberal expansionism, there is no evidence that this is the cause of his violent outburst. Some people are just total dickheads and assholes who think they can do whatever they want because they own their family, it is their property to do with what they want. But even that is just speculation on my part, but it is a lot more likely than PTSD from a non-existing liberal war of expansionism.
    They were trying to turn Iraq into a liberal democracy. Thus, liberal expansion.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •