Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 234

Thread: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

  1. #71
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    .

    Why is it OK for wolf to eat them but not a human.

    As you think we are animals, why differentiate between the two?
    Because it fits his narrative.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  2. #72
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So your answer is "let them go extinct"

    Sure some wild versions of these animals might continue to survive somewhere, but the common breeds we are familiar with would disappear from the face of the earth, reducing genetic diversity.

    And have you considered the fact that a farm without such animals is an inefficient farm and generally requires chemical inputs to keep it running? Animals such as chickens, ducks, goats, sheep, cows, etc do not merely provide meat. They provide many benefits to the farm and I'm not just talking about fertilizer. They also can till the soil (without the use of petroleum products), eliminate weeds (again, without the use of petroleum products), and eliminate bugs (again, without the use of petroleum products)

    If those animals go extinct, how do you propose farmers take care of weeds and insects without using petroleum based chemicals? How will they fertilize their soil?
    Cows are going extinct?

    Which of those critters "tilt the soil?"

    You're not a farmer, are you?

  3. #73
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,461

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Because it fits his narrative.
    Well yes, but I was looking for an answer that meant something to the rest of the world.

  4. #74
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    All it says is "the cow" over and over. The cow didn't have a name?

    We should name the cow out of respect.

  5. #75
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Well yes, but I was looking for an answer that meant something to the rest of the world.
    Good luck.

  6. #76
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    All it says is "the cow" over and over. The cow didn't have a name?

    We should name the cow out of respect.
    Yes, because cows are people too.....
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  7. #77
    Advisor Brother AJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    560
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    What you are not understand is that animals like the rabbit were put on this earth to be eaten.

    Why is it OK for wolf to eat them but not a human.

    As you think we are animals, why differentiate between the two?
    No one was "put here" for anything as far as we can tell so far. I already explained what the difference was. Humans know better than to cause violence for no reason, and we do not need to eat other animals to be healthy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    That's called being facetious.
    LOL! Really? So you WOULDN'T care about cows if they started protesting? Doesn't that seem bigoted to you?



    When all else fails pull the race card?
    No, your logic fails and so I drew a comparison which indicates how faulty it is.

  8. #78
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother AJ View Post
    LOL! Really? So you WOULDN'T care about cows if they started protesting? Doesn't that seem bigoted to you?.
    I'll tell you what... the day that cows start organized protests I'll lead the charge to free them from bondage.



    Quote Originally Posted by Brother AJ View Post

    No, your logic fails and so I drew a comparison which indicates how faulty it is.
    No, your lack of logic was put on display and you thought you'd try to throw a smoke screen by injecting race into the discussion. Way to cheapen the civil rights movement. I'm sure that all of those who have struggled for and died for equal rights for a couple hundred years won't mind.

  9. #79
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,856

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother AJ View Post
    Well it's seemingly the case that you devalue at least SOME human life if you do not apply these ideas to those who can't speak on their own behalves.

    "It's delusional garbage". LOL! Why, because you say so? Please explain why it's just IMPOSSIBLE to apply what we do to each other to other animals.
    Because they are dinner, not humans.

    'Where's the beef?'
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #80
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,856

    Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    I'll tell you what... the day that cows start organized protests I'll lead the charge to free them from bondage.




    No, your lack of logic was put on display and you thought you'd try to throw a smoke screen by injecting race into the discussion. Way to cheapen the civil rights movement. I'm sure that all of those who have struggled for and died for equal rights for a couple hundred years won't mind.
    The 'Eat more Chickn' ads don't count!?
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •