Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 234

Thread: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

  1. #61
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,708
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother AJ View Post
    Not really. Why should I? It seems you're the one who devalues certain humans if they cannot protest on their own behalf.
    Show me one thing I've posted that represents a devaluing of human life. You can't, because I didn't. All you can do is repeat your ridiculous position that human constructs are applicable to other species. They aren't. It's delusional garbage.

  2. #62
    Advisor Brother AJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    560
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Show me one thing I've posted that represents a devaluing of human life. You can't, because I didn't. All you can do is repeat your ridiculous position that human constructs are applicable to other species. They aren't. It's delusional garbage.
    Well it's seemingly the case that you devalue at least SOME human life if you do not apply these ideas to those who can't speak on their own behalves.

    "It's delusional garbage". LOL! Why, because you say so? Please explain why it's just IMPOSSIBLE to apply what we do to each other to other animals.

  3. #63
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,425

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I had a goat that was like that years ago. His fate was essentially the same.
    I had a wife like that....

    similar fate
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  4. #64
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Went thru that with a horse that broke thru a fence one time. Damn that horse could run and jump. A big young race horse. $25,000 horse. Was blocked in an alley by pickup trucks. Jumped the trucks. Someone did get a rope around it's neck. Jerked it right out. Police cars and people in 4X4s chasing, fearing it'd run out on the highway causing an accident as it ran thru alleys and the railroad tracks a block over. Able to jump short fences, the vehicles simply couldn't follow, people scrambling to try to figure where it was off to.

    An older fellow who always had raised horses, a rancher, finally convinced the police and everyone of the obvious solution.

    Just stop chasing it. "Leave it alone and it will go home. Its running because you're chasing it."

    About a quarter hour later like appearing out of nowhere it strolled back thru the fence it has busted and headed straight for the water trough.

    Yeah, chasing a cow with sirens running and shooting at it will have it keep running. But it was probably an exciting chase.
    Home, in this case, was an unlikely destination. The animal bolted from the kill line at the meat plant not from a family farm.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #65
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,708
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother AJ View Post
    Well it's seemingly the case that you devalue at least SOME human life if you do not apply these ideas to those who can't speak on their own behalves.
    That isn't what I said at all. Nice try at twisting my words, though. It might have worked if it wasn't so pathetically transparent.

    I apply these ideas to all humans. I just don't apply them to non-humans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother AJ View Post
    "It's delusional garbage". LOL! Why, because you say so? Please explain why it's just IMPOSSIBLE to apply what we do to each other to other animals.
    Because we are human and they are not.

  6. #66
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    I had a wife like that....

    similar fate
    I shot the goat, though......
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  7. #67
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Come on, tell the truth. Nobody can love salad. It may be a necessary evil, but nobody can love it.
    When I was dieting, I actually did love salads. Anything and most everything is tasty when that's the only choice you have.

    I stopped dieting on Labor day, and I now find salads disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  8. #68
    Advisor Brother AJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    560
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    That isn't what I said at all. Nice try at twisting my words, though. It might have worked if it wasn't so pathetically transparent.

    I apply these ideas to all humans. I just don't apply them to non-humans.


    Because we are human and they are not.
    I did not twist your words. You said that maybe you'd reconsider if cows started protesting which indicated their species has nothing to do with it. If the reason IS merely because we are human and they are not your "logic" is nothing more than discrimination. Tantamount to saying black humans do not deserve consideration because we are white and they are not.

  9. #69
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,453

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother AJ View Post


    The wolf needs to eat the rabbit to be healthy, but we do not. Also, wolves and other carnivores cannot be said to "know any better".
    What you are not understand is that animals like the rabbit were put on this earth to be eaten.

    Why is it OK for wolf to eat them but not a human.

    As you think we are animals, why differentiate between the two?

  10. #70
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,708
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cops kill cow after wild chase through Pocatello's north side

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother AJ View Post
    I did not twist your words. You said that maybe you'd reconsider if cows started protesting which indicated their species has nothing to do with it. If the reason IS merely because we are human and they are not your "logic" is nothing more than discrimination.
    That's called being facetious.

    Tantamount to saying black humans do not deserve consideration because we are white and they are not
    When all else fails pull the race card?

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •