Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 92

Thread: ISIS leader: If There Was No US Prison in Iraq There Would Have Been No ISIS

  1. #61
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: ISIS leader: If There Was No US Prison in Iraq There Would Have Been No ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Those saying its US policy that created ISIS, please explain how US policy forced ISIS to have this policy


    - "‘It is permissible to buy, sell, or give as a gift female captives and slaves, for they are merely property, which can be disposed of.’
    -‘It is permissible to have intercourse with the female slave who hasn’t reached puberty if she is fit for intercourse.’
    ISIS publishes guide telling fighters how to buy, sell and abuse captured women | Daily Mail Online

    Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian
    The US didn't cause those policies within ISIS, the US invasion helped facilitate ISIS' rise to power. The invasion destabilized the power structure within the Middle East, which ISIS took advantage of.


  2. #62
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: ISIS leader: If There Was No US Prison in Iraq There Would Have Been No ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Being part of a militia group is NOT the issue, we all have known that. Before this "coalescing" as you put it, there was no military move to create an Islamic state, and that is the fear.
    There was ample motivation and ideological backing. I won't deny that our exit and the feckless Iraqi security forces enabled their rapid ascension, but to blame the US for the ideals that fuels ISIS and similar groups is just mal-informed apologism, which unfortunately isn't uncommon on this forum.

    It is pretty ugly when the defenders of a government forget their own bull****
    Hollow and useless rhetoric.

  3. #63
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,850

    Re: ISIS leader: If There Was No US Prison in Iraq There Would Have Been No ISIS

    ISIS doesn't stem from Iraq prisons. It starts with a fascist ideology that teaches their children to hate those they believe to be infidels. Then infighting between parties of the same ideology occur over power.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ISIS leader: If There Was No US Prison in Iraq There Would Have Been No ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    First off, this ISIS leader is speaking to anyone dumb enough to believe him, dumb enough to buy this excuse that blames their actions on America.
    It is an ignorance that is so profound that facts alone can never penetrate.

    The Islamic Holy War has been going on for 2100 years, with varying degrees of success. They now have control over the Middle East, with the exception of Israel, are successfully moving into Africa, Asia, North America and have the momentum on their side. These people who think it's all about the USA simply have no understanding of Islamism or what's going on in the rest of the world. They are as ignorant as those who once defended Communism, Fascism or any of the other Isms which have rocked the world.

    The message of Muslims who are trying to warn the west of Islamic intentions goes unnoticed, or is ridiculed, or is silenced. Islamists, like the Communists before them, rely strongly on Western ignorance. http://www.clarionproject.org/understanding-jihad/

  5. #65
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: ISIS leader: If There Was No US Prison in Iraq There Would Have Been No ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It is an ignorance that is so profound that facts alone can never penetrate.

    The Islamic Holy War has been going on for 2100 years, with varying degrees of success. They now have control over the Middle East, with the exception of Israel, are successfully moving into Africa, Asia, North America and have the momentum on their side. These people who think it's all about the USA simply have no understanding of Islamism or what's going on in the rest of the world. They are as ignorant as those who once defended Communism, Fascism or any of the other Isms which have rocked the world.

    The message of Muslims who are trying to warn the west of Islamic intentions goes unnoticed, or is ridiculed, or is silenced. Islamists, like the Communists before them, rely strongly on Western ignorance. Understanding Jihad - THE ISLAMIC HOLY WAR
    You're conflating the rise of ISIS with the Islamic sectarianism. The two are linked, but exist independently. It's the height of ignorance to say that America played no part in the rise of ISIS. It shows a complete and utter lack of acknowledgement of even recent history (which is impossible to escape).

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ISIS leader: If There Was No US Prison in Iraq There Would Have Been No ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    The 1972 Olympics where held in Germany. At that time there had been almost no acts of terror brought to the shores of North America.

    The comments in no way say Abu Graib created terrorism, but created ISIS. The distinction is great, as what the US SAYS it is fighting now is the creation of an Islamic state, not specific terrorism.

    And THAT, the creation of an Islamic state, this guy is saying, was the last straw, they would never again allow a foreign power to torture its people.

    How much terror was there in the middle east before the creation of Israel.

    Everything is cause and effect.
    Israel has been used as a propaganda tool by the Islamists, and very successfully, largely because of western antipathy towards Jews anyway. But of course even a cursory reading of Islamic history will reveal that the spread of Islam has been a goal of the religion since its inception, and the Muslim Brotherhood (supporters of ISIS) have been been around for almost a century now. It was never about Israel, always about Islam. Always.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ISIS leader: If There Was No US Prison in Iraq There Would Have Been No ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    You're conflating the rise of ISIS with the Islamic sectarianism. The two are linked, but exist independently. It's the height of ignorance to say that America played no part in the rise of ISIS. It shows a complete and utter lack of acknowledgement of even recent history (which is impossible to escape).
    Well Im going by what Muslims themselves say, not what American leftists might think about it.

  8. #68
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: ISIS leader: If There Was No US Prison in Iraq There Would Have Been No ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    The 1972 Olympics where held in Germany. At that time there had been almost no acts of terror brought to the shores of North America.

    The comments in no way say Abu Graib created terrorism, but created ISIS. The distinction is great, as what the US SAYS it is fighting now is the creation of an Islamic state, not specific terrorism.

    And THAT, the creation of an Islamic state, this guy is saying, was the last straw, they would never again allow a foreign power to torture its people.

    How much terror was there in the middle east before the creation of Israel.

    Everything is cause and effect.
    ISIS would be here with or without what the US did, just look where their roots are.
    But, if you want to hang your hat on what a terrorist said right after the report came out.....feel free. It's your God given right.

  9. #69
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: ISIS leader: If There Was No US Prison in Iraq There Would Have Been No ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    ISIS leader: "If there was no American prison in Iraq, there would be no ISIS"

    Isis: the inside story | Martin Chulov | World news | The Guardian



    There you go, straight from the horses' mouth. Pretty damning evidence that US foreign policy fuels the creation of terrorists.
    Why yes, because the 7th century liars, and beheaders would never lie about anything.... Man you guys just lap it up don't you?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #70
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: ISIS leader: If There Was No US Prison in Iraq There Would Have Been No ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why yes, because the 7th century liars, and beheaders would never lie about anything.... Man you guys just lap it up don't you?
    Yup, there are a lot of people who truly do hate America.....and they are Americans.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •