Page 64 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 982

Thread: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

  1. #631
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh you think the US started endorsing Enhanced Interrogation with Bush, and Cheney?

    "In the United States President Clinton authorized extraordinary rendition to nations known to practice torture, called torture by proxy.[2]"

    Extraordinary rendition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    So, it's not that libs don't believe in harsh interrogation, no. They are just pussies that can't do their own dirty work.
    Actually, the US itself has generally been involved in extraordinary rendition of individuals. Most interesting, we sent people to places such as and including Gaddafi's Libya and Assad's Syria for torture and then we went and bombed them later when they lost their usefulness to us.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  2. #632
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I'm the tough guy? You're calling 40% of the country pussies. That's about as bro as it gets. Then again, you're not even man enough to step up to the plate and admit to when called out on it.

    So are you calling me a pussy, random guy hiding behind a computer screen on the Internet?

    Per usual, you're wrong. There is nothing liberal about extraordinary rendition. We don't support it and never have. I don't like bull**** drone strikes either. Nor do I want to join ISIS, or any other crazy, uninformed accusations you're bound to make.
    Nonetheless, extraordinary rendition was a product of the Clinton administration just as enhanced interrogation was a product of the Bush2 administration.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #633
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I'm the tough guy? You're calling 40% of the country pussies. That's about as bro as it gets. Then again, you're not even man enough to step up to the plate and admit to when called out on it.

    So are you calling me a pussy, random guy hiding behind a computer screen on the Internet?

    Per usual, you're wrong. There is nothing liberal about extraordinary rendition. We don't support it and never have. I don't like bull**** drone strikes either. Nor do I want to join ISIS, or any other crazy, uninformed accusations you're bound to make.
    Yep, I did...And here I'll make it crystal clear because apparently liberals are kind of dense too..."I called liberals pussies".... If the shoe fits wear it.

    They are anti american pieces of **** that side with anyone against the US, while being dishonest enough to enjoy the freedoms, and income levels, and standards of living that the country the rail against and side with our enemies against...So your little feelings got hurt because of a generalized statement about those who subscribe to that pathetic ideology, tough ****....

    Clinton did ER, learn it, live it, love it....And Obama drones....But I am sure you somehow think that is repubs fault, because in addition to being all butt hurt over a generalized slight, you can not be honest about your own leaders and will do anything to distract from that, including looking quite foolish as you do now...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #634
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Nonetheless, extraordinary rendition was a product of the Clinton administration just as enhanced interrogation was a product of the Bush2 administration.
    No argument. Doesn't mean liberals as a base support it, regardless of what some guy hiding behind a computer screen says while calling 40% of the country pussies.

    Realllll men of Geniusssss. Mr. All Liberals are Pussies guy... because calling people pussies on the Internet is the true sign of toughness.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  5. #635
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,336

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Several things - what makes something 'torture' versus not-torture?

    You went through it in a very controlled environment, done to you by fellow soldiers or other friendlies. I'm unclear why that you lived through it and have by your account not suffered any long term harmful effects is a good measuring stick. Just as an example - thousands at least police officers have been tased as part of their training, and they lived through if fine, I'm sure it was painful or unpleasant. But it seems obvious that if a suspect was in a room being interrogated at the police department, and was tased 183 times over five sessions, suffered induced hypothermia, was forced to stand in their cell for hours or days with their hands shackled over their head, during questioning, we'd conclude that he or she was tortured or we're great at self delusion.

    So I'll accept you have an informed opinion on it, but you can't say it's "absurd" for e.g. those who have also gone through it, in fact designed the program and participated in hundreds of waterboarding sessions, to conclude it is obviously torture. This person's opinion is more informed by experience than yours and considers how the 'technique' affected hundreds of individuals. And it's consistent with how we've labeled the technique for a century or so when our personnel haven't been doing it with the blessing of our government, and consistent with the views of those who endured the technique when done to them by our enemies.
    There is a difference between 183 dunkings and the treatment in the legal brief. That difference is that between torture and unpleasant treatment. As aggravating as it is for activists of some persuasions to have to forfeit such a wonderfully emotionalizing catch word, it is dishonest to use it for the actions that were permitted.
    And this goes for the meaning over the last hundred years. Torture was what Dr Mengele did and not bouncing a man against a soft wall or throwing a bible into a toilet.
    Last edited by joG; 12-14-14 at 02:44 PM.

  6. #636
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    You edit out "tough guy"? LOL

    I am the pussy?
    I edited it out, because people like you go running off to mommy and daddy over that ****....You saw it though so I accomplished my purpose....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #637
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,807

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Which is exactly how the US did it.
    Give me a break. JoG volunteered to do it, done by his friends or allies, controlled the extent of it by his own admission, was almost surely given a way to stop it during the process, started the day from his own bed, shower, with coffee, a danish, etc. and knew without any doubt at the end of the day he'd go home to same. Etc.

    BTW, if you're tased 183 times in five sessions by the police, is that not-torture because the police might have been tased in training?

  8. #638
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Nonetheless, extraordinary rendition was a product of the Clinton administration just as enhanced interrogation was a product of the Bush2 administration.
    Now Obama just drops drones on them, killing everyone in the vicinity and no intelligence is acquired.. Is it just me or is the left less forgiving when Republicans protect the country and their 'ethics' and morals' take a holiday when Democrats are ordering drone attacks or 'EIT?

  9. #639
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    You edit out "tough guy"? LOL

    I am the pussy?
    There I put it back just for you...Anything else you'd like to whine about?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #640
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yep, I did...And here I'll make it crystal clear because apparently liberals are kind of dense too..."I called liberals pussies".... If the shoe fits wear it.

    They are anti american pieces of **** that side with anyone against the US, while being dishonest enough to enjoy the freedoms, and income levels, and standards of living that the country the rail against and side with our enemies against...So your little feelings got hurt because of a generalized statement about those who subscribe to that pathetic ideology, tough ****....

    Clinton did ER, learn it, live it, love it....And Obama drones....But I am sure you somehow think that is repubs fault, because in addition to being all butt hurt over a generalized slight, you can not be honest about your own leaders and will do anything to distract from that, including looking quite foolish as you do now...
    Haha. I'd love to take you to a dinner party and show you off. Here's a tip: No one is scared of you. You are as scary as you are intellectually sharp.

    FYI, if you think all liberals are pussies, why don't you go to a liberal rally and yell that out for a bit? God that would be awesome.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 64 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •