Page 17 of 99 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 982

Thread: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    First of all, "attacking our own elected government" is a national pastime, so I'm not exactly sure what your point is there.
    In a time of war it might be wise to not take the side of those who want to kill you ahd your fellow citizens. There was not much cheering for the Nazis during WWll. Baseball was the national pastime then, not the idea of criminalizing your elected leaders who successfully defended the American people.

    And one of our cherished rights, and in fact an obligation of a citizen, is to highlight wrongdoing by that elected government.
    It is selective wrongdoing and done completely along partisan lines. There is no high road here in case you're looking for one.
    So you must be making some other point. And I've certainly seen no attack on the people who fight on our behalf, except for very limited 'attacks' on policy decisions by those at the very top. That's as American as apple pie. If not, then I sure hope we have a enforced policy on here that attacks on the CIC are out of bounds!
    There is no 'out of bounds' but there should be some thought, intelligence and understanding of what went on and what is going on. All that is being played is domestic political games designed for the 'stupids' Gruber referred to, and they are still carrying the ball.
    Finally, we don't necessarily "believe" "the terrorists." What did a "terrorist" say that we "believe" that we should not? I will say I don't believe (without support) a lot of what the CIA says because they have a history of lying, which is of course a downside to lying. Even when you're telling the truth, your word means little...
    So you can't tell the difference between the CIA lying and the terrorists lying. Seems you are in a difficult situation, and there are millions like you who just don't know what to think or believe anymore. The terrorists, on the other hand, know what to believe and don't share your confusion at all..In fact they are willing to sacrifice their lives for their beliefs and are trained to tell lies to the gullible Americans. But you don't know any of this, right?

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    suffolk. england
    Last Seen
    12-14-14 @ 08:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    345

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    In a time of war it might be wise to not take the side of those who want to kill you ahd your fellow citizens. There was not much cheering for the Nazis during WWll. Baseball was the national pastime then, not the idea of criminalizing your elected leaders who successfully defended the American people.

    It is selective wrongdoing and done completely along partisan lines. There is no high road here in case you're looking for one. There is no 'out of bounds' but there should be some thought, intelligence and understanding of what went on and what is going on. All that is being played is domestic political games designed for the 'stupids' Gruber referred to, and they are still carrying the ball.
    So you can't tell the difference between the CIA lying and the terrorists lying. Seems you are in a difficult situation, and there are millions like you who just don't know what to think or believe anymore. The terrorists, on the other hand, know what to believe and don't share your confusion at all..In fact they are willing to sacrifice their lives for their beliefs and are trained to tell lies to the gullible Americans. But you don't know any of this, right?
    I only hope they weren't forced to eat brussel sprouts..the b*stards!!

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    I could say they are much more amused by the fact they've kept us in a war on terror for over 13 years costing us billions of dollars while not stopping the ideology that's been spread all over but I can't really speak for our enemies amusement factor as much as you seem to be able to. Oh wait 'my' enemy not 'ours' because they are not yours as well?
    This ideology is much older than 13 years and an America divided will never win anything. The credit card is maxed and the American people are confused and leaderless. More Mosques will be built and more Americans will die as the war comes closer to home. Meanwhile it is their own government many Americans will be reacting against.

    Yes, these are our enemies, and the enemies of all democracies.

  4. #164
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    People who are defending this kind of conduct are sick.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Dying for American depravity doesn't have the same ring to it.
    How about Americans dying for some other country that isn't even their own. Called on for help due to those not being able to handle whatever problem they have.

    Is that good enough?

  6. #166
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Not really. Most of what he said has been independently confirmed, or at least repeatedly and consistently alleged by many individuals held in GITMO, for quite a while.
    So if enough terrorists tell you the same thing you eventually believe it?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #167
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,847

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    In a time of war it might be wise to not take the side of those who want to kill you ahd your fellow citizens. There was not much cheering for the Nazis during WWll. Baseball was the national pastime then, not the idea of criminalizing your elected leaders who successfully defended the American people.
    Who is taking the side of terrorists? I've not seen anyone... What some people are pointing out is some of the targets of our torture/EIT were not in fact 'terrorists' and that there are bounds of moral/ethical conduct (not to mention practical limits) even with regard to known terrorists like KSM.

    It is selective wrongdoing and done completely along partisan lines. There is no high road here in case you're looking for one.
    It just isn't completely along partisan lines. Factually false.

    There is no 'out of bounds' but there should be some thought, intelligence and understanding of what went on and what is going on. All that is being played is domestic political games designed for the 'stupids' Gruber referred to, and they are still carrying the ball.
    I can't speak to all discussions, but IMO there is pleny of thought, intelligence, etc. going on among people who disagree. Not everyone who disagrees with the current right wing position on Fox News and talk radio is a traitor or terrorist lover.

    So you can't tell the difference between the CIA lying and the terrorists lying. Seems you are in a difficult situation, and there are millions like you who just don't know what to think or believe anymore. The terrorists, on the other hand, know what to believe and don't share your confusion at all..In fact they are willing to sacrifice their lives for their beliefs and are trained to tell lies to the gullible Americans. But you don't know any of this, right?
    You're lumping a lot of people with VERY different characteristics in that "terrorist" group. And if you don't have doubts about the official story coming out of the CIA and its paid defenders, then you're not thinking very clearly, and somehow have devised a way to distrust the government when it comes to domestic matters, but demand unquestioned acceptance of any line coming from our spooks and national security apparatus.

    The same people involved in BENGHAZI!!! are the ones telling you what happened with the interrogation program, what they did and how awesome were the results. Why or how the GOP and their defenders can have YEARS of hearings on that, and then accept what CIA says about this program without a HUGE grain of salt and lots of healthy skepticism is a mystery to me.

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    How about Americans dying for some other country that isn't even their own. Called on for help due to those not being able to handle whatever problem they have. Is that good enough?
    Millions of Americans died for European freedoms but is the Western Europeans who are always the first to criticize America, along with American leftists. Many apparently believe their constant criticism of the USA is 'constructive'.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    I could say they are much more amused by the fact they've kept us in a war on terror for over 13 years costing us billions of dollars while not stopping the ideology that's been spread all over but I can't really speak for our enemies amusement factor as much as you seem to be able to. Oh wait 'my' enemy not 'ours' because they are not yours as well?

    Do you think they would have expanded more than what they have now, if we did nothing and hoped they wouldn't come knocking at out doors?


    What about the Terrorists propaganda and all their tweets to Americans showing how much they are amused. You don't think that speaks about their Amusement?

  10. #170
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    The conservative reaction to this report is wholly unsurprising. Those who disagree with barbarism done in our name, under the guise of Keeping Us Safe, barbarism which was lied about for years by its perpetrators, are apparently terrorist sympathizers.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 17 of 99 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •