Page 16 of 99 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 982

Thread: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I'm sure "they" (if you mean veterans) have wide and varying opinions on the subject, including the report and its release.
    Well, I would keep watch with the Media and see how those numbers look.

  2. #152
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,835

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Leftists certainly don;t complain much about these continuing stonings and beheadings. In fact to raise the question is to be called "Islamophobic".
    BS. But it's a nice fantasy - hope it makes your day better to believe such nonsense.

  3. #153
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,227

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well there is a plus side.....there are a few countries that can talk. The rest not so much.

    Funny thing is.....I doubt we will hear from them.
    Dying for American depravity doesn't have the same ring to it.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Dying for American depravity doesn't have the same ring to it.
    Americans are 'depraved'? Is that the word in Europe?

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    So what? They were fighting for a country that incarcerates six innocent people in Gitmo for five years, then releases them in South America, never having filed charges. They gave up their lives for a country that allows a captive to freeze to death chained to a concrete floor in the Salt Pit in Afghanistan, then note in passing that his rendition was a case of mistaken identity.
    The country did that??

    What did the cause this guy was fighting for do?

  6. #156
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,835

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    People of a certain political persuasion now believe the terrorists while attacking their own elected government who protected them from terrorists. This goes well beyond stupid.

    First of all, "attacking our own elected government" is a national pastime, so I'm not exactly sure what your point is there. And one of our cherished rights, and in fact an obligation of a citizen, is to highlight wrongdoing by that elected government. So you must be making some other point. And I've certainly seen no attack on the people who fight on our behalf, except for very limited 'attacks' on policy decisions by those at the very top. That's as American as apple pie. If not, then I sure hope we have a enforced policy on here that attacks on the CIC are out of bounds!

    Finally, we don't necessarily "believe" "the terrorists." What did a "terrorist" say that we "believe" that we should not? I will say I don't believe (without support) a lot of what the CIA says because they have a history of lying, which is of course a downside to lying. Even when you're telling the truth, your word means little...

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    BS. But it's a nice fantasy - hope it makes your day better to believe such nonsense.
    So you're not familiar with the term 'Islamophobic' and its uses. You're not alone.

  8. #158
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,835

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Is anybody really taking the advice of GITMO inmates?
    Not really. Most of what he said has been independently confirmed, or at least repeatedly and consistently alleged by many individuals held in GITMO, for quite a while.

  9. #159
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,835

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So you're not familiar with the term 'Islamophobic' and its uses. You're not alone.
    Sure, I'm familiar with the term, and when used correctly it's applied to people like the wingnuts in GA who equate Muslim with "terrorist" and therefore protested a small group with absolutely no links to 'terrorists" establishing a prayer center in a local strip mall.

  10. #160
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Your enemy is certainly amused by that attitude.

    What 'examples' have impressed your enemies thus far?

    They behead Americans and other foreigners they capture and have been doing it for years, while Americans complain about terrorists having to watch pornography and will again turn on themselves, just as we see on these related threads.

    I could say they are much more amused by the fact they've kept us in a war on terror for over 13 years costing us billions of dollars while not stopping the ideology that's been spread all over but I can't really speak for our enemies amusement factor as much as you seem to be able to. Oh wait 'my' enemy not 'ours' because they are not yours as well?
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

Page 16 of 99 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •