Page 13 of 99 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 982

Thread: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    suffolk. england
    Last Seen
    12-14-14 @ 08:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    345

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    I did not say that.

    Obviously, if you're a tourist in the USA you have rights and such. As a POW however, your rights are nearly non-existent and that is fine because the loser is naturally always at the mercy of the victor. Fighting the USA is a choice, and being utterly brutal to Americans and other people is also a choice.
    Who knows what the hell went on in Gitmo bay...it is the word of the incarcerated..and the job of their jailers to deny it..

  2. #122
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    What did that guy have to do with 9/11?

    Oh yeah. Mooslim. They're all to blame.
    If you read the story, he was on OBL's security detail. F him. He's non-human, so anything they did to him is fine with me. As far as I'm concerned, he stayed in a 5 star resort for all those years, in comparison to what he and his fellow maggots did.

    And you can park the Mooslim strawman where the sun don't shine. I don't care what it's religion or culture is.

  3. #123
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    If you read the story, he was on OBL's security detail. F him. He's non-human, so anything they did to him is fine with me. As far as I'm concerned, he stayed in a 5 star resort for all those years, in comparison to what he and his fellow maggots did.

    And you can park the Mooslim strawman where the sun don't shine. I don't care what it's religion or culture is.
    So somehow being a low level guy assigned to a security detail means he's responsible for 9/11? Well, since I guess we cant actually prosecute the Saudi's who helped create all those guys (they sell us cheap oil! Great guys!) we need to find some scapegoat.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #124
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,855

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    I did not say that.

    Obviously, if you're a tourist in the USA you have rights and such. As a POW however, your rights are nearly non-existent and that is fine because the loser is naturally always at the mercy of the victor. Fighting the USA is a choice, and being utterly brutal to Americans and other people is also a choice.
    You're assuming that those we stripped of rights, jailed, subjected to torture or "EIT" were in fact "utterly brutal to Americans" and that was often just not the case. The point of rights is in fact to give the person the meaningful opportunity to show that he or she in fact wasn't 'utterly brutal.." It's what separates us from Stalin.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    So if they did use food, would you consider that torture?

    Because:

    "One CIA cable released in the report reveals that detainee Majid Khan was administered by enema his “‘lunch tray’ consisting of hummus, pasta with sauce, nuts and raisins was ‘pureed and rectally infused’”. One CIA officer’s email was in the report quoted as saying “we used the largest Ewal [sic] tube we had”."


    It goes back to my original argument about terrorists and saving lives.



    He admitted that some CIA officers' actions were "not authorized, were abhorrent and rightly should be repudiated by all. And we fell short in holding some officers accountable for their mistakes.".....snip~


    Disgrace: Senate Democrats' Flawed, Reckless CIA Interrogation Report.....

    What did this accomplish? It may fire up the lefty base and sate ideologues' political bloodlust after a brutal election, but this issue isn't a major advantage to posturing Democrats. Why? Americans overwhelmingly believe that "torture" is sometimes justified:


    Disgrace: Senate Democrats' Flawed, Reckless CIA Interrogation Report - Guy Benson

  6. #126
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    All that you really needed to say.
    Yes I did. All that you needed to read?

  7. #127
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    So somehow being a low level guy assigned to a security detail means he's responsible for 9/11? Well, since I guess we cant actually prosecute the Saudi's who helped create all those guys (they sell us cheap oil! Great guys!) we need to find some scapegoat.
    Works for me. Call it a message in a goat bladder to others with similar aspirations.

  8. #128
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,855

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    [B][COLOR="#800000"]He admitted that some CIA officers' actions were "not authorized, were abhorrent and rightly should be repudiated by all. And we fell short in holding some officers accountable for their mistakes.".....snip~
    Just curious, how do we hold them 'accountable' if their acts are buried and kept secret?

    And I'm sorry, but the "not authorized" BS is weak. It's called CYA and a fave of the elites so they can shift the blame to some grunt whose actions were applauded and encouraged till they were found out by the wrong people. The clue there is people engaged in allegedly 'unauthorized' acts but SURPRISE!! weren't "held accountable" through normal channels - probably because they were authorized, just not formally.

  9. #129
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    It goes back to my original argument about terrorists and saving lives.



    He admitted that some CIA officers' actions were "not authorized, were abhorrent and rightly should be repudiated by all. And we fell short in holding some officers accountable for their mistakes.".....snip~


    Disgrace: Senate Democrats' Flawed, Reckless CIA Interrogation Report.....

    What did this accomplish? It may fire up the lefty base and sate ideologues' political bloodlust after a brutal election, but this issue isn't a major advantage to posturing Democrats. Why? Americans overwhelmingly believe that "torture" is sometimes justified:


    Disgrace: Senate Democrats' Flawed, Reckless CIA Interrogation Report - Guy Benson
    Great. We now have national policy being done because people watch "24" and think its real.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #130
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,855

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Yes I did. All that you needed to read?
    Actually, yes. When you call a person a "thing" there really isn't a need to read any more. And rational discussion is obviously not going to happen.

Page 13 of 99 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •