Page 10 of 99 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 982

Thread: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

  1. #91
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,739

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Do you have any info on the Saud cutting children's heads off and blowing their heads off their shoulders? Crucifying people and leaving them up on the side of the road?

    As ISIS does.

    So much for the Saudi being as worse. Which isn't to say what they do is Right either. But now your argument, really isn't one.
    As far as I'm aware, the Saudis are a large source of ISIS funds, but we don't seem to mind much. They cut us in on the oil deals, so all's good.

  2. #92
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,875

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Why do so many people accept that it's ok for a man to be held for 13 years with no charges pressed, no evidence of his guilt shown, just because he's a foreigner? If he's a terrorist, charge him and execute him, if he's not, then let him go. 13 years is just ****ing ridiculous.
    Good post. Speaking of 13 years, I'd like to shake the hands of our special forces soldiers that were submitted to these tactics for 13 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  3. #93
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,739

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I understand it is a hard choice to make.....but it does get easier if one includes family or those who mean the most to them.

    That is false.....the Demos cherry picking a few cases doesn't tell the story and is not factual. ISIS killed over 5400 people last month alone. They have killed over 20k since June. Well over 20k. Which doesn't count AQ or Al nusra. Nor Ansar al Sharia.

    Just like they listed down rectal feeding.....what they didn't tell you. Was it, had nothing to do with Interrogation. Or any EIT's, it was medical that it had to be done to save their lives. It also wasn't the only means in getting them rehydrated. They had IVs in too.
    Rectal feeding and hydration are different things. Putting food in the rectum does nothing for the person.

  4. #94
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by JUG View Post
    Which places it as downright unconstitutional.
    I'm curious how it would be "downright unconstitutional" considering the constitutional authority vested in the President of the United States, particularly in times of war. It may be contrary to legislation and/or treaty obligations, but can legislation and/or treaty obligations trump constitutional authority?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  5. #95
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Why do so many people accept that it's ok for a man to be held for 13 years with no charges pressed, no evidence of his guilt shown, just because he's a foreigner? If he's a terrorist, charge him and execute him, if he's not, then let him go. 13 years is just ****ing ridiculous.
    The concept, as I understand it, is that prisoners of war are detained until such time as hostilities end. The fact that the "war on terror" and the war in Afghanistan are the longest lasting wars that America has ever been involved in adds to the length of time a prisoner of war may be held. Do you believe it wise to release enemy "soldiers" while you are still at war with that enemy?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    As far as I'm aware, the Saudis are a large source of ISIS funds, but we don't seem to mind much. They cut us in on the oil deals, so all's good.
    So is Qatar, Kuwait, The UAE, and Bahrain. They also cut the Brits, French, Germans, Italians, Aussies, South American countries, then Chinese, and Russians in on oil deals thru backdoors.

    Looks like, business is really good for the Saud.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Rectal feeding and hydration are different things. Putting food in the rectum does nothing for the person.
    Yeah, and that's why I stated it was done as an emergency medical with rehydration. Feinstein embellished there quite a bit.


    While rectal hydration may be used in emergency situations, it’s not the first-, second- or even third-best option, said Allen Keller, director of the Bellevue/New York University Program for Survivors of Torture.....snip~

  8. #98
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Guantanamo is leased from Cuba, ergo not US Territory. You're in Criminal Justice so you must know that no evidence obtained through torture is admissable in US Courts. As an example, if they tried KSM, a genuine scumbag, in a Stateside Court all evidence would be thrown out as fruit of a tainted tree because he was waterboarded 83 times or more. So he is tried by a military tribunal and he'll definitely be found guilty. Now, Khaled Sheik Mohammed is a genuine piece of crap, but does the USA represent the justice it so proudly declares in the Pledge of Allegiance, "with liberty and justice for all," or does it represent kangaroo Courts. You are in a good position to make an informed decision.
    I say Kangaroo Courts.

    Those who claim that sleep deprivation is NOT torture should try having someone else impose it on themselves....

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    1) Libertarians do not offer any cohesive vision of a functioning society. Little House on the Prairie and The Waltons were TV shows. Life was not bliss. and

    2) Of course they do because they want everything closed, disassembled, unfunded--See #1 above.


    Hey, can we get back to intelligent discourse now? The hackery is getting kinda old.

  10. #100
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag [W:508,759]

    My question is, what does someone do to get into Guantanamo Bay.

    And if they do sell their souls to get their, why should I feel sorry for them in any way? Why should I want to keep them safe in any way? Why should I care about their non-existent rights?

    It takes a lot to get into that place it seems. Outside of getting the wrong person, I can't see why there's anything wrong with what goes in on Guantanamo Bay considering the evil beings that get put in there.

    Plus, it's intel gathering on the enemies of the USA, so it serves a practical purpose.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

Page 10 of 99 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •