Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 822

Thread: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

  1. #791
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,305

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, I think that anyone that believes that our intelligence under the Obama administration concerning AQ, and Radical Islamists, is deluding themselves...And I don't really think that either of us has the information to definitively say as you do that it has gotten "better".... That is just blind following what you choose to believe.

    As for Obama stopping the harsh tatics...

    "... there is no evidence of an Obama-era finding that directly controverts the Gloves Come Off memorandum. In fact, there is evidence that the Obama administration continues to operate under that finding (or did until at least 2012)."

    Obama administration still operates under Bush torture memos | Al Jazeera America
    There is no doubt in my mind that it didn't stop under Obama. He's just a puppet, like most of the others.

  2. #792
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Torture is banned under the Geneva Conventions which the USA ratified.

  3. #793
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    If there is a word that begs definition it is "better".

    Better than what? and in whose opinion? It has no quantification and thus no measurement.

    And what "improvement". This war began in one copuntry fifteen years ago and is now a war engulfing six countries with boots on the ground where no boots on the ground were promised.

    Please pay attention, arguing better when you have actually LOST territory does not make your argument......it makes you look like a classic Gruber
    I agree.

    But the question was intel and not overall. And much of that has little to do with Obama but more the consequence of the original imperial act of invading countries for no valid reason.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #794
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind that it didn't stop under Obama. He's just a puppet, like most of the others.
    A puppet of whom? {Insert Alex Jones here}
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #795
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Torture is banned under the Geneva Conventions which the USA ratified.
    AQ, and like affiliates don't apply to the GC....If the UN want's to say that we violated our Convention obligations, let them enforce it....Come get some.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #796
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,305

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    A puppet of whom? {Insert Alex Jones here}
    Of people that I don't know. The people who advance an agenda by way of owning the government, or at least very skilled at having it work in their favor.

    You know, the Powers That Be.

  7. #797
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I agree.

    But the question was intel and not overall. And much of that has little to do with Obama but more the consequence of the original imperial act of invading countries for no valid reason.
    Who determines 'validity'? You?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #798
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Of people that I don't know. The people who advance an agenda by way of owning the government, or at least very skilled at having it work in their favor.

    You know, the Powers That Be.

    heh, heh...The 'Powers that be' eh? So let's see, you think our government is steered by some mysterious, clandestine group of global oligarchs that dispense orders to the leaders of nations like a big game of Stratego eh? And whom are these mythical figures....Surely they must be known by someone?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #799
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Who determines 'validity'? You?
    Not alone, but yes I can make that judgement. We all should make it and not merely accept whatever we want to believe. But as I've told you before, I don't use the poor sources used by many conservatives here. And the reason is because they are poor. They are often inaccurate. What matters to me is accuracy. it should matter to you as well.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #800
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,305

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    heh, heh...The 'Powers that be' eh? So let's see, you think our government is steered by some mysterious, clandestine group of global oligarchs that dispense orders to the leaders of nations like a big game of Stratego eh? And whom are these mythical figures....Surely they must be known by someone?
    I've already said JMAC--I don't know who they are. Are you going to ask me the same question next post?

    But I do not doubt they exist--I know humans well enough.

Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •