Page 79 of 83 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 822

Thread: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

  1. #781
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    [QUOTE=Henry David;1064277928]
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Then move.[/QUOT


    Why should I move?
    Because dissent must be expunged.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #782
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What part of this don't you understand: But yeah, better.

    Do I need to define better? Do you need to have defined that it improved after we stopped with the harsh tactics? you say the strangest things when you did simple direct answers.
    Well, I think that anyone that believes that our intelligence under the Obama administration concerning AQ, and Radical Islamists, is deluding themselves...And I don't really think that either of us has the information to definitively say as you do that it has gotten "better".... That is just blind following what you choose to believe.

    As for Obama stopping the harsh tatics...

    "... there is no evidence of an Obama-era finding that directly controverts the Gloves Come Off memorandum. In fact, there is evidence that the Obama administration continues to operate under that finding (or did until at least 2012)."

    Obama administration still operates under Bush torture memos | Al Jazeera America
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #783
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post

    Because dissent must be expunged.
    No...Because I think it is just Butt Stupid to stay somewhere that you obviously hate so much.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #784
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No...Because I think it is just Butt Stupid to stay somewhere that you obviously hate so much.
    In which case, given your hatred for Obama, it escapes me why you've remained so long, lol. Criticising US policy is American and if you don't like what you hear, perhaps you're the one that should remove yourself.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #785
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    In which case, given your hatred for Obama, it escapes me why you've remained so long, lol. Criticising US policy is American and if you don't like what you hear, perhaps you're the one that should remove yourself.
    Disliking what Obama has done to this nation is one thing, but hating your own country as you so obviously do, quite another...In my case I know that Obama's time is limited, and thus all I have to do is wait and he'll be gone with his group of lying assholes...In your case, America will always be America....You can't wait it out.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #786
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, I think that anyone that believes that our intelligence under the Obama administration concerning AQ, and Radical Islamists, is deluding themselves...And I don't really think that either of us has the information to definitively say as you do that it has gotten "better".... That is just blind following what you choose to believe.

    As for Obama stopping the harsh tatics...

    "... there is no evidence of an Obama-era finding that directly controverts the Gloves Come Off memorandum. In fact, there is evidence that the Obama administration continues to operate under that finding (or did until at least 2012)."

    Obama administration still operates under Bush torture memos | Al Jazeera America
    I'm glad you used aljazeera. Use Fox next.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #787
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm glad you used aljazeera. Use Fox next.
    Oh, so now aljazeera is no good for you?....Hmmm, I need a liberal list of acceptable sourcing to keep up.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #788
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    WTF?
    The constitution does not outlaw enhanced interrogation techniques.

    Enhanced interrogation is not done as punishment.
    WTF?

    Change the name and its legal?

    Enhanced interrogation techniques are pain compliance...pain compliance is torture.

    If its so cool, will you submit to a few hours of it?
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  9. #789
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, so now aljazeera is no good for you?....Hmmm, I need a liberal list of acceptable sourcing to keep up.
    No, I wouldn't call them the best source. Kind of like using Olbermann to say the Bush was bad.

    But, by all means show me something specific reported by mainstream sources.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #790
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What part of this don't you understand: But yeah, better.

    Do I need to define better? Do you need to have defined that it improved after we stopped with the harsh tactics? you say the strangest things when you did simple direct answers.
    If there is a word that begs definition it is "better".

    Better than what? and in whose opinion? It has no quantification and thus no measurement.

    And what "improvement". This war began in one copuntry fifteen years ago and is now a war engulfing six countries with boots on the ground where no boots on the ground were promised.

    Please pay attention, arguing better when you have actually LOST territory does not make your argument......it makes you look like a classic Gruber
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

Page 79 of 83 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •