Page 76 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 822

Thread: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

  1. #751
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Would you kill a person to prorect your family?
    You're trying to get around what I said, but no, I wouldn't randomly pick a person and kill that person any more than I'd rape a child. And self defense isn't anything like torturing someone.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #752
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,260

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're trying to get around what I said, but no, I wouldn't randomly pick a person and kill that person any more than I'd rape a child. And self defense isn't anything like torturing someone.
    Let me re-post the question and read it very carefully: would you kill another person, to protect your family?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #753
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Crimes against humanity, like torture, can be tried anywhere in the world, regardless of whether or not the US has signed onto the ICC.

    1. No they can't.
    2. Nor where there any crimes agaisnt humanity to be prosecuted.
    You're completely wrong on both counts. But you'll have to research it yourself, as I have no desire to educate you.
    You are the one who needs to educate their self on this matter, as you are wrong.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #754
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    03-17-15 @ 10:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    714

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob0627 View Post
    All senior U.S. officials and CIA agents who authorized or carried out torture like waterboarding as part of former President George W. Bush's national security policy must be prosecuted, top U.N. officials said Wednesday.. . . .
    I say shoot the top U.N. officials and take down the U.N., building. Its nothing but a nest of liars, spies, and criminals who do the bidding of criminal regimes.

    And Waterboarding is not torture. We waterboard Navy Seals as part of their training. That idiot b*tch who Obama appointed for AG said in front of Congress that waterboarding is torture, thus demonstrating that her nomination should be rejected because she puts lies and ideology above actual facts.

  5. #755
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    FYI, there's a typo in the thread title. "Persecutions" is misspelled.

  6. #756
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Let me re-post the question and read it very carefully: would you kill another person, to protect your family?
    That is the question I answered. And it is a clear answer, covering both an innocent person and in defense. If you don't like or understand the answer, either be more specific, or address what you don't understand.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #757
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Let me re-post the question and read it very carefully: would you kill another person, to protect your family?
    The ends do not justify the means. Your line of reasoning is horrific, monstrous.

  8. #758
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are the one who needs to educate their self on this matter, as you are wrong.
    You can keep saying so, but it doesn't make it true. You are simply ignorant. Read up on it if you like. Living in ignorance is not a good thing.

  9. #759
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    You can keep saying so, but it doesn't make it true. You are simply ignorant. Read up on it if you like. Living in ignorance is not a good thing.
    Yes living in ignorance is not a good thing, you should stop doing it.

    And again it is you who needs to read up on this. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #760
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryOfromCA View Post
    I say shoot the top U.N. officials and take down the U.N., building. Its nothing but a nest of liars, spies, and criminals who do the bidding of criminal regimes.

    And Waterboarding is not torture. We waterboard Navy Seals as part of their training. That idiot b*tch who Obama appointed for AG said in front of Congress that waterboarding is torture, thus demonstrating that her nomination should be rejected because she puts lies and ideology above actual facts.
    Waterboarding IS torture. So is sleep deprivation. So are many other practices.

    If you are credulous enough to believe that as long as it's called 'interrogation', then you are quite credulous, quite gullible.

Page 76 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •