Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 822

Thread: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I give some credit to the Obama admin for not pursuing any of this. It would undermine the Justice Department, and would be very difficult to get opinions from their attorneys in the future. Attorneys usually don't get prosecuted for rendering opinions, but I suppose they could get disbarred for incompentence. I think that's why no legal actions will be sought.
    Sleep deprivation, Stress positions, Not knowing what day it is, people yelling threats at them. Should we stop all of this for our Special Forces Troops too?

    Do you think any of the leftests thinks about when One of these type of Solider's of ours gets captured and what happens to them? Let alone one of our Intelligence people.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Nailed it!

  3. #53
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,557

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Sleep deprivation, Stress positions, Not knowing what day it is, people yelling threats at them. Should we stop all of this for our Special Forces Troops too?

    Do you think any of the leftests thinks about when One of these type of Solider's of ours gets captured and what happens to them? Let alone one of our Intelligence people.
    Your argument is 'they do it too'. How hollow.

    I'm truly ashamed we have people like you in the US.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #54
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,864

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Your argument is 'they do it too'. How hollow.

    I'm truly ashamed we have people like you in the US.
    Yes, because everyone knows that the "they did it too" argument is reserved for lib only use.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #55
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    4,816

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Sleep deprivation, Stress positions, Not knowing what day it is, people yelling threats at them. Should we stop all of this for our Special Forces Troops too?

    Do you think any of the leftests thinks about when One of these type of Solider's of ours gets captured and what happens to them? Let alone one of our Intelligence people.
    So much for boot camp.

    Sleep deprivation - Check
    Stress positions - Check
    Not knowing what day it is - Check
    People yelling threats at them - Check

    I wasn't SF either. Just a normal ground pounder. And don't ask about what happens at the Academies (although I think they tamed it down a bit) if the four points above bother you. I believe they call it hazing.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  6. #56
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    On February 1st, 2002, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, after a short speech, stepped behind the kneeling Daniel Pearl and, as he would later put it "decapitated with my blessed right hand the head of the American Jew, Daniel Pearl, in the city of Karachi, Pakistan." and then posed for pictures holding Pearl's head. For those who may doubt his action he added "For those who would like to confirm, there are pictures of me on the Internet holding his head."

    When he was captured by American forces they poured water up his nose until he cried.

    Clearly we are no better than Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.
    Last edited by jmotivator; 12-11-14 at 11:15 AM.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #57
    Advisor Rentoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Western Tennessee
    Last Seen
    01-20-17 @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Who cares what the UN wants or thinks. It's time we kick that organization out of our country, remove ourselves from that body, and discontinue our funding of it.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Your argument is 'they do it too'. How hollow.

    I'm truly ashamed we have people like you in the US.


    Oh that's not my argument at all.....here is my argument. You have a terrorist he has info......you can save many lives. Now you can refuse to torture the terrorist and let many people die. Or you can torture the terrorist and save their lives. Choice is your. Which do you do?

    Now lets see you demonstrate even with your shame you live with, what your morals are about? Cmon lets hear some more of those lil touchy feelings you got too.

  9. #59
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,606

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    On February 1st, 2002, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, after a short speech, stepped behind the kneeling Daniel Pearl and, as he put put it "decapitated with my blessed right hand the head of the American Jew, Daniel Pearl, in the city of Karachi, Pakistan." and then posed for pictures holding Pearl's head.

    When he was captured by American forces they poured water up his nose until he cried.

    Clearly we are no better than Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.
    So the ends justify the means?

    I very simply think that anybody who thinks waterboarding is OK should volunteer to undergo the procedure themselves. It really shouldn't be a problem to line up people to "not be tortured."


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.

  10. #60
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,606

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Oh that's not my argument at all.....here is my argument. You have a terrorist he has info......you can save many lives. Now you can refuse to torture the terrorist and let many people die. Or you can torture the terrorist and save their lives. Choice is your. Which do you do?

    Now lets see you demonstrate even with your shame you live with, what your morals are about? Cmon lets hear some more of those lil touchy feelings you got too.
    If you believe that the person has actionable intelligence....maybe.

    However, so many of the people we've been holding have been in Guantanamo for almost 15 years. I doubt very many of them are involved with terrorist leaders in planning attacks at this point.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.

Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •