Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 822

Thread: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

  1. #551
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It really is amazing how big those drones were that flew into the WTC. Where were drones that big created? Guess the video was wrong, probably produced in Hollywood, right?
    The US has been operating drone aircraft since 1948, the year after I was born. It is no longer rocket science, in case you haven't noticed. Drones are so ordinary that Amazon wants to start delivering product by drone. Wake up my man.

  2. #552
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    The US has been operating drone aircraft since 1948, the year after I was born. It is no longer rocket science, in case you haven't noticed. Drones are so ordinary that Amazon wants to start delivering product by drone. Wake up my man.
    No, my man, you wake up
    Last edited by Conservative; 12-31-14 at 05:54 PM.

  3. #553
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Heck, I think so much and feel so little that when I watched the news helicopters flying over Shanksville PA on that fateful day, I had the same questions the news guy talking had--where was the wrecked airliner? It wasn't there, and 13 years later we know what actually happened there.

    Point is, there actually were no mythical hijackers that you refer to. Yes, airplanes DID fly into those towers, but they were drone aircraft controlled by wicked men working behind the scenes in what might best be described as the military industrial complex.

    We were all deceived that day, and only about half of us now recognize that.

    I would suggest you need to study a bit more and perhaps sharpen your analytical thinking skills. Things are not always as they appear.
    OMG are you for real? Tell us of the people on those flights, what happened to them?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #554
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    waterboarding does not leave physical or psychological damage and I know you are doing nothing but diverting from answering the question. What actions would you authorize to save your wife, kids, or parents?
    Not according to those who know more than you.

    I couldn't care less what we do with people who burn innocent people alive, authorize and organize flying airplanes into buildings, would detonate a nuclear device in your home town. Guess that is the difference between logic and common sense and you
    I must keep repeating we did this to innocent people. The record show some 26 innocent people.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #555
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yes it is rebuttal that is on point.
    There were no charges.
    "An unwillingness" is nothing but your spin.
    There were no charges and there will be no charges.
    No, it's an unwillingness to prosecute.


    Wrong on all counts.
    Deeply insightful, but no.

    Wrong again.
    He died because folks who were not authorized (as in acting on there own) severely battered his body and was left untreated.
    He did not die because of being in that stress position as you want to lamely assert.
    You're missing the cause of death. Suffocation due to the stress position. And remember, he was innocent.



    Wrong. You failed to counter the rebuttal and you can not. There were no charges and there will be no charges.
    And the Memo is all that is needed.
    No on suggests there were charges. Nor does that matter at all.

    You are again speaking nonsense.
    So, as that is your claim. Prove it!

    It is that simple. Prove what you assert.
    Not how it works. YOU have to show a prosecutor said there was no wrong doing. Not WH council.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #556
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Holder said there was a lack of evidence. That is far different than "unwilling"..
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #557
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, it's an unwillingness to prosecute.
    That is your claim.
    Prove it


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Deeply insightful, but no.
    But yeah! You are wrong again.


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're missing the cause of death. Suffocation due to the stress position.

    Even though you were given a link to the facts of the case, you still can't help being wrong.
    I wonder why you choose to let your agenda blind you to reality.

    So let's just show everybody how wrong you were, are, and continue to be. You know, the norm for your postings.


    [...]

    Death

    The findings of Mr. Dilawar's autopsy were succinct.[4]

    Leaked internal United States Army documentation, a death certificate dated 12 December 2002, ruled that his death was due to a direct result of assaults and attacks he sustained at the hands of interrogators of the 519th Military Intelligence Battalion during his stay at Bagram. The document was signed by Lt. Col. Elizabeth A. Rouse of the U.S. Air Force, a pathologist with the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology in Washington DC, and listed as its finding that the "mode of death" was "homicide," and not "natural," "accident" and "suicide"[5] and that the cause of death was "blunt-force injuries to lower extremities complicating coronary artery disease".[6]


    [...]


    Dilawar (torture victim) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No on suggests there were charges. Nor does that matter at all.

    Wrong. The fact that there were no charges does matter.


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not how it works. YOU have to show a prosecutor said there was no wrong doing. Not WH council.
    Wrong again.
    That is how it works. Your claim is on you to support.

    All you are doing is deflecting from supporting your assertion. Obviously because you can't.


    Unwillingness you say? What a pathetic argument.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #558
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    OMG are you for real? Tell us of the people on those flights, what happened to them?
    Let's not derail this thread. You know how to get to CT threads.

    You advised me to think more and emote less. I answered that. The rational person must ask "where's Waldo?" I mean where's the damn airplane that is supposed to be there? Is this like The Emperor's New Clothes?

  9. #559
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Holder said there was a lack of evidence. That is far different than "unwilling"..
    Too bad Mr. Holder is such an unprofessional goof. Too bad he was oblivious to the statements of Antonio Taguba in 2008, "there is no longer any doubt as to whether the current administration has committed war crimes. The only question that remains to be answered is whether those who ordered the use of torture will be held accountable."

    And this guy Holder is the AG? OMG, the DOJ is being led by moral midgets who are also utterly incompetent.

  10. #560
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Too bad Mr. Holder is such an unprofessional goof. Too bad he was oblivious to the statements of Antonio Taguba in 2008, "there is no longer any doubt as to whether the current administration has committed war crimes. The only question that remains to be answered is whether those who ordered the use of torture will be held accountable."

    And this guy Holder is the AG? OMG, the DOJ is being led by moral midgets who are also utterly incompetent.

    The retired General does not determine what is and isn't a crime.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •