Page 49 of 83 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 822

Thread: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

  1. #481
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,253

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Who did the torturing? Are you suggesting our laws don't apply to us and how we behave? Think that through again.
    Show me the law that the U.S. CIA violated? Shouldn't be too difficult for you to find if there is one although I cannot seem to find it

  2. #482
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,253

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by leoborn View Post
    Why do we care what the UN thinks. Tell them to check the Mideast pigs who burn people alive who are trapped in their homes, and STFU about what we do to people who threaten us.
    We are on the same page. I am waiting for someone to show me the law that the U.S. CIA violated?

  3. #483
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,253

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I didn't say were prosecuted yet. I'm saying they need to face a court. If I saw you steal, you're steal innocent until proven guilty. But I can still say you stole. Same here. Torture is clearly defined. It is not, factually, debatable. They broke the law.
    Ok, as stated, show me the law that the CIA violated? Thanks in advance

  4. #484
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Anyone can bring charges but in this country you are innocent until proven guilty and I haven't seen any guilt proven or any laws violated. Please cite for me the law that the CIA Violated?
    You've probably already ignored this, and I do understand: General Antonio Taguba stated publically in 2008 that "There is no longer any doubt as to whether the current administration has committed war crimes. The only question that remains to be answered is whether those who ordered the use of torture will be held accountable."

    Obama admitted candidly We tortured some folks.

    Don't know about you, but I saw Abu Ghraib. I also read Zimbardo's book "The Lucifer Effect".

    You Jack Bauer wannabes are so deeply in denial.

  5. #485
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,253

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    You've probably already ignored this, and I do understand: General Antonio Taguba stated publically in 2008 that "There is no longer any doubt as to whether the current administration has committed war crimes. The only question that remains to be answered is whether those who ordered the use of torture will be held accountable."

    Obama admitted candidly We tortured some folks.

    Don't know about you, but I saw Abu Ghraib. I also read Zimbardo's book "The Lucifer Effect".

    You Jack Bauer wannabes are so deeply in denial.
    Yes, I saw Abu Ghraib just like I saw tortured and burned bodies of U.S. personnel on the bridges of Fallujah and the beheaded bodies of Daniel Pearl as well as other Americans and I don't recall those people being prosecuted by the World Court but I have seen Abu Ghraib personnel prosecuted. I don't have a lot of sympathy for your position on this issue and if Bill Clinton can argue the definition of "is" then the definition of "torture" is open to debate as well. Please show me the U.S. Law that defines torture and that the U.S. Military or CIA violated.

    I couldn't care less what happens to the animals that actually totally mutilated, burned, and destroyed the bodies of Americans and I am certainly glad people like you aren't in charge of the security of the American people.

  6. #486
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, I saw Abu Ghraib just like I saw tortured and burned bodies of U.S. personnel on the bridges of Fallujah and the beheaded bodies of Daniel Pearl as well as other Americans and I don't recall those people being prosecuted by the World Court but I have seen Abu Ghraib personnel prosecuted. I don't have a lot of sympathy for your position on this issue and if Bill Clinton can argue the definition of "is" then the definition of "torture" is open to debate as well. Please show me the U.S. Law that defines torture and that the U.S. Military or CIA violated.

    I couldn't care less what happens to the animals that actually totally mutilated, burned, and destroyed the bodies of Americans and I am certainly glad people like you aren't in charge of the security of the American people.
    Well, I laughed at Bill Clinton's claims and the silly geese that actually dignified his statement by discussing it, and I now laugh at your silly statement that "we don't torture". Actually, I guess that was you and Dubya.

  7. #487
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,253

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Well, I laughed at Bill Clinton's claims and the silly geese that actually dignified his statement by discussing it, and I now laugh at your silly statement that "we don't torture". Actually, I guess that was you and Dubya.
    Guess it depends on what the word torture means as apparently we put our troops through that same activity that you call torture. I call it doing what is necessary to save lives. Guess the fact that you cannot post the U.S. Law that the CIA violated means there isn't one. I couldn't agree more

  8. #488
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Guess it depends on what the word torture means as apparently we put our troops through that same activity that you call torture. I call it doing what is necessary to save lives. Guess the fact that you cannot post the U.S. Law that the CIA violated means there isn't one. I couldn't agree more
    That I cannot at this instant cite that part of the USC, probably Title 18, that criminalizes torture does not mean it is legal. It just means I'll have to do some research, but I'm hesitant given your obvious frame of mind. Maybe later. Reagan signed it into law, Mr. Conservative, and I'm pretty sure it's the result of our having signed the Convention Against Torture.

    Orwell noted that political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder and torture respectable, and that it gives the appearance of solidity to pure wind.

    I would like to thank you and yours for having so aptly demonstrated that here.

  9. #489
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,253

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    That I cannot at this instant cite that part of the USC, probably Title 18, that criminalizes torture does not mean it is legal. It just means I'll have to do some research, but I'm hesitant given your obvious frame of mind. Maybe later. Reagan signed it into law, Mr. Conservative, and I'm pretty sure it's the result of our having signed the Convention Against Torture.

    Orwell noted that political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder and torture respectable, and that it gives the appearance of solidity to pure wind.

    I would like to thank you and yours for having so aptly demonstrated that here.
    I guess I just don't get it and never will. What is your outrage over waterboarding terrorists when our troops are waterboarded as part of survival training. The Waterboarding according to John Brennan who I am not a fan of by the way saved lives, American lives. Lives are more important to this country than the animals you seem so concerned about. Suggest you google pictures if you truly want to see torture. Too bad far too many people think with their hearts and not their brain. Being nave seems to be a trait of liberals.

  10. #490
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They did commit a crime. Unwillingness to prosecute is not evidence of a crime not being committed.
    No, they did not commit a crime. If you have any evidence that they did you should give this information to Holder and the DOJ. Relying on your own feelings rather than the law is not how the system works, nor should it work that way.

Page 49 of 83 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •