Page 48 of 83 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 822

Thread: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

  1. #471
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Meaningless. They did not face a court. This was just someone trying to excuse the law breaking.
    Your opinion noted, the CIA reacted to Justice Department opinions which is all that is required. It is pretty easy for people like you to be a Monday Morning QB when their family or loved ones aren't in any danger. Wonder what techniques you would authorize if it was learned that a nuclear device was located somewhere in your town and a captured terrorist knew the whereabouts?

  2. #472
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Meaningless. They did not face a court. This was just someone trying to excuse the law breaking.
    Why would rhey face a court if they didn't commit a crime?

  3. #473
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your opinion noted, the CIA reacted to Justice Department opinions which is all that is required. It is pretty easy for people like you to be a Monday Morning QB when their family or loved ones aren't in any danger. Wonder what techniques you would authorize if it was learned that a nuclear device was located somewhere in your town and a captured terrorist knew the whereabouts?
    Yeah, how did you like their opinion that Obama could deal with illegals outside of congress?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #474
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Why would rhey face a court if they didn't commit a crime?
    They did commit a crime. Unwillingness to prosecute is not evidence of a crime not being committed.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #475
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yeah, how did you like their opinion that Obama could deal with illegals outside of congress?
    Congress didn't seem to have a problem with it but then again I haven't seen the law that prevents enhanced interrogation outside of the United States but I have seen immigration laws that Obama violated.

  6. #476
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They did commit a crime. Unwillingness to prosecute is not evidence of a crime not being committed.
    Anyone can bring charges but in this country you are innocent until proven guilty and I haven't seen any guilt proven or any laws violated. Please cite for me the law that the CIA Violated?

  7. #477
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Congress didn't seem to have a problem with it but then again I haven't seen the law that prevents enhanced interrogation outside of the United States but I have seen immigration laws that Obama violated.
    Who did the torturing? Are you suggesting our laws don't apply to us and how we behave? Think that through again.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #478
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Anyone can bring charges but in this country you are innocent until proven guilty and I haven't seen any guilt proven or any laws violated. Please cite for me the law that the CIA Violated?
    I didn't say were prosecuted yet. I'm saying they need to face a court. If I saw you steal, you're steal innocent until proven guilty. But I can still say you stole. Same here. Torture is clearly defined. It is not, factually, debatable. They broke the law.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #479
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Over there
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 06:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    573

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Anyone can bring charges but in this country you are innocent until proven guilty and I haven't seen any guilt proven or any laws violated. Please cite for me the law that the CIA Violated?
    Why do we care what the UN thinks. Tell them to check the Mideast pigs who burn people alive who are trapped in their homes, and STFU about what we do to people who threaten us.

  10. #480
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,276

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Thing is that there are continua between the soft questioning and skinning alive as well as between the warm prison apartment and the damp, cold oublier high in the dungeon wall. Anyone that says it is a euphemism to establish the exact point on the scale of a given action is dishonest, wants to puff up their their feeling of importance by talking big or just has not given enough serious thought to the matter to understand, what they are talking about. Personally, I think that talking that way is rather disgusting and disqualifies the speaker if not utterly then at least in his thoughts to this theme.
    Whatever you need to blow your skirt sir, whatever you need.

Page 48 of 83 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •