Page 45 of 83 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 822

Thread: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

  1. #441
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Guess that conflicts with what former CIA leaders stated so tell me how would the Senate know? You are going to believe what you want to believe normally what is against this country

    Former CIA officals refute 'torture' report, claim interrogations led to bin Laden - Washington Times

  2. #442
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Guess that conflicts with what former CIA leaders stated so tell me how would the Senate know? You are going to believe what you want to believe normally what is against this country
    I didn't write the piece that I posted so I suppose their are other people that don't agree with you. And it's rather narrow minded to say that simply because someone doesn't agree with you they are against this country.

  3. #443
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I didn't write the piece that I posted so I suppose their are other people that don't agree with you. And it's rather narrow minded to say that simply because someone doesn't agree with you they are against this country.
    making a big deal out of this issue certainly doesn't help this country especially when you don't have all the facts and never will have all the facts by cherry picking information and not interviewing people who were in charge. I have no respect for anyone who takes an issue like this that obviously as Brennan said saved American lives and tries to prosecute Americans for doing their job of "providing for the common defense" as the problem seems to be that the real problem comes from within.

  4. #444
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    making a big deal out of this issue certainly doesn't help this country especially when you don't have all the facts and never will have all the facts by cherry picking information and not interviewing people who were in charge. I have no respect for anyone who takes an issue like this that obviously as Brennan said saved American lives and tries to prosecute Americans for doing their job of "providing for the common defense" as the problem seems to be that the real problem comes from within.
    It is a big issue because having torture as a routine feature of foreign policy is counterproductive and runs contrary to the type of values the US professes to be about.

  5. #445
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    It is a big issue because having torture as a routine feature of foreign policy is counterproductive and runs contrary to the type of values the US professes to be about.
    Tell that to those terrorists who aren't part of any govt. aren't part of the Geneva Convention and beheaded, burned, and flew planes into U.S. buildings killing thousands. You believe saving Americans by means of enhanced interrogation techniques is torture, I believe it is saving lives and providing for the common defense.

  6. #446
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Tell that to those terrorists who aren't part of any govt. aren't part of the Geneva Convention and beheaded, burned, and flew planes into U.S. buildings killing thousands. You believe saving Americans by means of enhanced interrogation techniques is torture, I believe it is saving lives and providing for the common defense.
    Using torture ROUTINELY, as a matter of formalized policy, to get information from subjects, is counterproductive because information obtained from torture has the tendency to be unreliable and in many instances is unnecessary because the information could be obtained in other ways. Over and above that, it is a feature of terrorist organizations to routinely use torture, and is ONE OF THE FEATURES, THOUGH NOT EXCLUSIVE, that makes terrorism unattractive to the civilized mind.

  7. #447
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Using torture ROUTINELY, as a matter of formalized policy, to get information from subjects, is counterproductive because information obtained from torture has the tendency to be unreliable and in many instances is unnecessary because the information could be obtained in other ways. Over and above that, it is a feature of terrorist organizations to routinely use torture, and is ONE OF THE FEATURES, THOUGH NOT EXCLUSIVE, that makes terrorism unattractive to the civilized mind.
    Sorry, but we are always going to disagree. I support doing whatever is necessary to save American lives and do not believe that waterboarding, which is done as part of survival training to our own troops, is torture as it leaves no permanent scars or damage. I further believe the CIA agents that American lives were saved and it is the responsibility of the military to protect and defend this country. If waterboarding did that, outstanding.

  8. #448
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sorry, but we are always going to disagree. I support doing whatever is necessary to save American lives and do not believe that waterboarding, which is done as part of survival training to our own troops, is torture as it leaves no permanent scars or damage. I further believe the CIA agents that American lives were saved and it is the responsibility of the military to protect and defend this country. If waterboarding did that, outstanding.
    We did more than waterboard people, so that is one point. And again, if we are going to start torturing people, routinely as a matter of policy, that is one of the things that terrorists do.

  9. #449
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    We did more than waterboard people, so that is one point. And again, if we are going to start torturing people, routinely as a matter of policy, that is one of the things that terrorists do.
    Your opinion noted but on this issue and the report there is no proven evidence to your point. I am just glad you aren't in position to enforce the Constitution and PROVIDE FOR THE COMMON DEFENSE.

  10. #450
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your opinion noted but on this issue and the report there is no proven evidence to your point. I am just glad you aren't in position to enforce the Constitution and PROVIDE FOR THE COMMON DEFENSE.
    It is a fact that we did more than waterboard people. It is also a fact that torture has a tendency to produce unreliable information. Again that is not to say that it always produces unreliable information, but rather that it has a tendency to produce unreliable information. There is much to back that up. It is also a fact that terrorists frequently use torture as a matter of routine policy.

Page 45 of 83 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •