Page 26 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 822

Thread: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

  1. #251
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Considering the UN has consistently failed it's founding purpose (to prevent war between member states) and the fact that they have taken way more power and influence then they were ever granted, I agree with this.
    Maybe one of the UN's current or former member states of their Human Rights Committee, say Libya as an example, would be pleased to house the UN free of charge for a while. Perhaps a nice Mediterranean view. Now, I'm sure the parking and limousine services aren't as good and no freebie Broadway shows and 4 star restaurants, but that shouldn't bother these pillars of virtue.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    I am an American Patriot. And because of this I agree. These traitors that torture should not be protected and not allowed to shame our country.
    No one has shamed your country. Any shame you may feel is personal.

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Maybe one of the UN's current or former member states of their Human Rights Committee, say Libya as an example, would be pleased to house the UN free of charge for a while. Perhaps a nice Mediterranean view. Now, I'm sure the parking and limousine services aren't as good and no freebie Broadway shows and 4 star restaurants, but that shouldn't bother these pillars of virtue.
    And the desert allows a lot of free parking.

  4. #254
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    "I was just following orders." didn't save the Germans and Japanese who were hanged after WWII, eh?
    You do know you're taking it out of context. Of course you know.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #255
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You do know you're taking it out of context. Of course you know.


    Anyone who does what they're told to do by illegal orders is just as guilty as they would be if they had given the orders.

    There are quite a few people who served the G.W. Bush mis-administration who should be sitting in jail waiting for trial.

    If they're smart they won't travel to certain countries.

  6. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Anyone who does what they're told to do by illegal orders is just as guilty as they would be if they had given the orders.

    There are quite a few people who served the G.W. Bush mis-administration who should be sitting in jail waiting for trial.

    If they're smart they won't travel to certain countries.
    Which countries do you have in mind?

  7. #257
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Which countries do you have in mind?


    Italy and Spain are 2 countries that those war criminals should probably stay away from.

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Italy and Spain are 2 countries that those war criminals should probably stay away from.
    Which 'war criminals' are you referring to and what actions do you think Italy and Spain might take?

  9. #259
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Which 'war criminals' are you referring to and what actions do you think Italy and Spain might take?


    All of them.

    They could be placed on trial.

    It's a possibility.

  10. #260
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: UN Officials Demand Prosecutions for US Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Anyone who does what they're told to do by illegal orders is just as guilty as they would be if they had given the orders.

    There are quite a few people who served the G.W. Bush mis-administration who should be sitting in jail waiting for trial.

    If they're smart they won't travel to certain countries.
    They're weren't illegal, because their lawyers said they weren't.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 26 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •