Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 133

Thread: Gorbachev calls for U.S.-Russia summit to defrost ties

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,133

    Re: Gorbachev calls for U.S.-Russia summit to defrost ties

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Freedoms unfair so, give your liberties to the state. Capitalism sucks, central planning will be a utopia. Hey at least you admit you'd like to see this nation taken down a peg, Obama wont do that.

    How about you move to a "country", and leave us American's be?
    i don't respond to strawman fallacies. if you strawman again, that will end our discussion.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Gorbachev calls for U.S.-Russia summit to defrost ties

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i don't respond to strawman fallacies. if you strawman again, that will end our discussion.
    We both know what you want, but Im the only one who will say it.

  3. #53
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,133

    Re: Gorbachev calls for U.S.-Russia summit to defrost ties

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    We both know what you want, but Im the only one who will say it.
    believe whatever you like. if you strawman again, i'm through wasting time discussing this topic with you.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Gorbachev calls for U.S.-Russia summit to defrost ties

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    believe whatever you like. if you strawman again, i'm through wasting time discussing this topic with you.
    I will try to get by.

  5. #55
    Invictus


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,165

    Re: Gorbachev calls for U.S.-Russia summit to defrost ties

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I do believe Russia and the US need to sit down with a broad agenda. I think it should cover everything from Ukraine, Russia roll in Eastern Europe, sanctions, economic influence, the US roll in Eastern Europe, etc.
    They have sat down and talked. Many, many times. Even Merkel is befuddled and stated that Lavrov seems to live in some alternate reality.


    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. -- Marine Corps General James 'Chaos' Mattis

    Repeal and Replace Trump.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,157

    Re: Gorbachev calls for U.S.-Russia summit to defrost ties

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    first off, the Crimea thing is Europe's problem.
    This isn't about Crimea. This is mostly about Putin launching a proxy war to win back a former Soviet state against a US ally.


    secondly, we need to stop trying to **** up Russia's economy. i mean, come on, we don't need another cold war, and we definitely don't want to destabilize Russia.
    If another Cold War starts, we won't be the ones who started it. As for destabilizing Russia, again...not our fault.

  7. #57
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,133

    Re: Gorbachev calls for U.S.-Russia summit to defrost ties

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    This isn't about Crimea. This is mostly about Putin launching a proxy war to win back a former Soviet state against a US ally.




    If another Cold War starts, we won't be the ones who started it. As for destabilizing Russia, again...not our fault.
    it's not our concern, either. we can only make the problem worse y getting involved. if Europe wants Crimea and Ukraine, then it needs to open a dialogue with Russia.

    BTW, are you heading north, by chance?

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Gorbachev calls for U.S.-Russia summit to defrost ties

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    it's not our concern, either. we can only make the problem worse y getting involved. if Europe wants Crimea and Ukraine, then it needs to open a dialogue with Russia.
    Ukraine/Russia regressed from dialogue to open war some time ago. Right about when Putin decided to invade a sovereign nation.

  9. #59
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,133

    Re: Gorbachev calls for U.S.-Russia summit to defrost ties

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Ukraine/Russia regressed from dialogue to open war some time ago. Right about when Putin decided to invade a sovereign nation.
    if it's important to stop Crimea from becoming part of Russia instead of becoming part of Europe, then the regional hegemon should open up talks with Russia. we are not the regional hegemon in Europe.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Gorbachev calls for U.S.-Russia summit to defrost ties

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    if it's important to stop Crimea from becoming part of Russia instead of becoming part of Europe, then the regional hegemon should open up talks with Russia. we are not the regional hegemon in Europe.
    They have, we have, and Russia came in with tanks. Talking has failed, and you are going to need to understand that at some point the time for talking is done.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •