Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: President Obama charges taxpayers $1.7 MILLION for one-night hotel stay at G20 summit

  1. #11
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,565

    Re: President Obama charges taxpayers $1.7 MILLION for one-night hotel stay at G20 su

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    'President Obama's one-night stay in Brisbane for the G20 summit cost taxpayers $1.7 million, a report has revealed.
    The cost is said to have covered 4,096 rooms at three separate hotels for his entourage of security guards and assistants on November 15.
    According to the Justification document published by the White House, it was 'fair and reasonable based on the pricing available across the city of Brisbane at the time of the visit'.'

    ...

    'Meanwhile, Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott opted for the thrifty $270-a-night Rydges hotel, while Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe required just $170 of public funds for his stay at Novotel'


    Read more: President Obama charges taxpayers $1.7 MILLION for one-night hotel stay at G20 summit in Australia | Daily Mail Online


    He does know what currency is right? That things actually cost money? Taxpayers money?


    I can see the democrat excuses even now...

    'He is the President, he deserves such luxury' (Personal note - the taxpayers deserve not to have to pay for this insane luxury. You want this ridiculousness while 46 million Americans are on food stamps...pay for it yourself pal).
    'This was already budgeted' (Personal note - they budgeted for spending insanity?)
    'Bush blah blah blah...so that makes it okay.'


    Btw, I am neither dem nor rep.
    Yep, that $1,7 million could have been used to give each of the 46 million folks on food stamps 3.7 cents each.
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 12-09-14 at 05:15 PM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #12
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: President Obama charges taxpayers $1.7 MILLION for one-night hotel stay at G20 su

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    He does know what currency is right? That things actually cost money? Taxpayers money?


    I can see the democrat excuses even now...

    'He is the President, he deserves such luxury' (Personal note - the taxpayers deserve not to have to pay for this insane luxury. You want this ridiculousness while 46 million Americans are on food stamps...pay for it yourself pal).
    'This was already budgeted' (Personal note - they budgeted for spending insanity?)
    'Bush blah blah blah...so that makes it okay.'


    Btw, I am neither dem nor rep.
    Nor are you logical. Do you believe that Obama personally occupied three hotels and 4K rooms in one night?

  3. #13
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,172

    Re: President Obama charges taxpayers $1.7 MILLION for one-night hotel stay at G20 su

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    So one the one hand, you have a President staying in the presidential suite of a hotel. Isn't that what it's for?

    On the other hand, you have a British newspaper with a story about the US expenses.

    I do have to admit that if the 4,096 rooms is correct and that each room was occupied, then I think it would be better if at least a couple of these folks had doubled up.
    Well they would also have to buy empty rooms to create a security zone of rooms or even entire floors around rooms like the president's suite.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: President Obama charges taxpayers $1.7 MILLION for one-night hotel stay at G20 su

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Yep, that $1,7 million could have been used to give each of the 46 million folks on food stamps 3.7 cents each.


    Great attitude...hey, what's an extra government bailout of a company for $500 million, that's less then $2 per American?

    What's another unnecessary government ________ program for $2 billion...it's 'only' $6 bucks per American.

    Why can't the POTUS waste money...it only costs Americans a few pennies?

    Almost any amount can sound justified if you break it down...and you know it.

  5. #15
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,151

    Re: President Obama charges taxpayers $1.7 MILLION for one-night hotel stay at G20 su

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post


    Great attitude...hey, what's an extra government bailout of a company for $500 million, that's less then $2 per American?

    What's another unnecessary government ________ program for $2 billion...it's 'only' $6 bucks per American.

    Why can't the POTUS waste money...it only costs Americans a few pennies?

    Almost any amount can sound justified if you break it down...and you know it.
    You mean it only cost those who actually pay taxes.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  6. #16
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,565

    Re: President Obama charges taxpayers $1.7 MILLION for one-night hotel stay at G20 su

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post


    Great attitude...hey, what's an extra government bailout of a company for $500 million, that's less then $2 per American?

    What's another unnecessary government ________ program for $2 billion...it's 'only' $6 bucks per American.

    Why can't the POTUS waste money...it only costs Americans a few pennies?

    Almost any amount can sound justified if you break it down...and you know it.
    Exactly. You get all outraged over $1.7 million spent on a G20 conference and say virtually nothing about a $40 million investigation/report about some "scandal" dating back to 2006. At least try to get outraged over the bigger ticket items.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: President Obama charges taxpayers $1.7 MILLION for one-night hotel stay at G20 su

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Exactly. You get all outraged over $1.7 million spent on a G20 conference and say virtually nothing about a $40 million investigation/report about some "scandal" dating back to 2006. At least try to get outraged over the bigger ticket items.
    1) I am not 'all outraged'...please don't speak for me. Nothing posted on this board 'all outrages' me.

    2) If I got 'all outraged' over everything outrageous about government spending, I would never stop being 'outraged'.

    3) What's it to you what I choose to get 'all outraged' (as you put it) about?

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: President Obama charges taxpayers $1.7 MILLION for one-night hotel stay at G20 su

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    'President Obama's one-night stay in Brisbane for the G20 summit cost taxpayers $1.7 million, a report has revealed.
    The cost is said to have covered 4,096 rooms at three separate hotels for his entourage of security guards and assistants on November 15.
    According to the Justification document published by the White House, it was 'fair and reasonable based on the pricing available across the city of Brisbane at the time of the visit'.'

    ...

    'Meanwhile, Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott opted for the thrifty $270-a-night Rydges hotel, while Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe required just $170 of public funds for his stay at Novotel'


    Read more: President Obama charges taxpayers $1.7 MILLION for one-night hotel stay at G20 summit in Australia | Daily Mail Online


    He does know what currency is right? That things actually cost money? Taxpayers money?


    I can see the democrat excuses even now...

    'He is the President, he deserves such luxury' (Personal note - the taxpayers deserve not to have to pay for this insane luxury. You want this ridiculousness while 46 million Americans are on food stamps...pay for it yourself pal).
    'This was already budgeted' (Personal note - they budgeted for spending insanity?)
    'Bush blah blah blah...so that makes it okay.'


    Btw, I am neither dem nor rep.
    here's a comparison with other countries. Still Number One in Entourages! :: SteynOnline

    Will they check the Aussie translator this time using the same criteria they used in South Africa?

  9. #19
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,369

    Re: President Obama charges taxpayers $1.7 MILLION for one-night hotel stay at G20 su

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Well they would also have to buy empty rooms to create a security zone of rooms or even entire floors around rooms like the president's suite.
    I can understand a few floors and such, but there are no huge hotels in Brisbane. How many planes would have to be used to bring that number of people to occupy even half those rooms?

    One thing I find very weird is that the number of rooms is exactly 2 to the 12th power in number (2^12).

  10. #20
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    mid-illinois
    Last Seen
    10-08-16 @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    272

    Re: President Obama charges taxpayers $1.7 MILLION for one-night hotel stay at G20 su

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Yep, that $1,7 million could have been used to give each of the 46 million folks on food stamps 3.7 cents each.
    or paid about a dozen farmers not to farm..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •