Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 816

Thread: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

  1. #751
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    They gained a lot of ground when they were allowed into Iraq after the American invasion. Even more when we left, and the power vacuum became complete. What are we to conclude from that?
    No they gained a lot of ground after the American withdrawal. Perhaps that was a slip.

  2. #752
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    All I have to say is




    But if you'd like to list off Hillary Clinton's many brilliant accomplishments as SecState which demonstrated the real long-term success of "Smart Power", I'd be happy to read through it.
    At least she has a brain. It beats the others I listed.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #753
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    At least she has a brain.
    Do you have a link?

  4. #754
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    At least she has a brain. It beats the others I listed.
    You are mistaking "says things I agree with" with "has a brain"


    For example, I think Ted Cruz is a harmful influence (net). Junior Senators have no business attempting to direct national policy. However, the guy is legitimately top IQ. Ditto for Bill Clinton, Rand Paul, and plenty of others I disagree with.



    Hillary's ability to think rapidly on her feet, however, doesn't appear to have been demonstrated anywhere. Can you point to examples of her demonstrating intellectual depth?

  5. #755
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    You are mistaking "says things I agree with" with "has a brain"


    For example, I think Ted Cruz is a harmful influence (net). Junior Senators have no business attempting to direct national policy. However, the guy is legitimately top IQ. Ditto for Bill Clinton, Rand Paul, and plenty of others I disagree with.



    Hillary's ability to think rapidly on her feet, however, doesn't appear to have been demonstrated anywhere. Can you point to examples of her demonstrating intellectual depth?
    No not at all. And you have simply let your bias blind you to it. If republicans don't choose well, and she wins the democrat nomination, she'll be the next president.

    I don't know about Cruz's IQ. If it is as high as you say, then he's a disingenuous manipulator. He says stupid things.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #756
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No not at all. And you have simply let your bias blind you to it. If republicans don't choose well, and she wins the democrat nomination, she'll be the next president.
    Hillary may win. But she is overhyped. Which is why you are avoiding listing off her accomplishments.

    I don't know about Cruz's IQ. If it is as high as you say, then he's a disingenuous manipulator. He says stupid things.
    Ted Cruz was selected to clerk for the Supreme Court, and then argued before it on multiple occasions. He's no dummy. Nor, do I think, is he disingenuous. I think Paul has been. That being said, Hillary also says stupid, awkward things.

  7. #757
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No they gained a lot of ground after the American withdrawal. Perhaps that was a slip.
    I said that.

    There was also no AlQaeda Iraq until after the invasion.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #758
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    I said that.

    There was also no AlQaeda Iraq until after the invasion.
    Oh, then it seems there was a slip! On my part!

    But of course once the military were there Al Q could enter and be killed off. When the military left they had free access.

  9. #759
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Oh, then it seems there was a slip! On my part!

    But of course once the military were there Al Q could enter and be killed off. When the military left they had free access.
    Sure, they just flocked in to be killed. If we'd only stayed, they'd all have been killed off by now, now doubt.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #760
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Hillary may win. But she is overhyped. Which is why you are avoiding listing off her accomplishments.
    She may be overhyped, but accomplishments can be listed. I just don't believe you really want to see them.

    Ted Cruz was selected to clerk for the Supreme Court, and then argued before it on multiple occasions. He's no dummy. Nor, do I think, is he disingenuous. I think Paul has been. That being said, Hillary also says stupid, awkward things.
    No, it doesn't tell me anything that would excuse the things he has said. And it's not just awkward or misspeaking. It's stupid and if he is smart, pandering and disingenuous in the worse possible way.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •