Page 73 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 816

Thread: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

  1. #721
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The "183 times" quote was but one inaccuracy...The entire op-ed attempt at journalism is just proof that we don't have an objective press, and people like you buy into the propaganda.
    There is no one else like me. I'm one of a kind.
    and, people like you, if there are any others, won't believe plain facts when they've been presented.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #722
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    There is no one else like me. I'm one of a kind.
    On that I would agree old friend...

    and, people like you, if there are any others, won't believe plain facts when they've been presented.
    When we start talking facts, and not ridiculous exaggerations like "183 times" as though they are fact then we can talk....So, tell me Ditto, what's new in this "report"? Nothing as far as I can see.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #723
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    On that I would agree old friend...



    When we start talking facts, and not ridiculous exaggerations like "183 times" as though they are fact then we can talk....So, tell me Ditto, what's new in this "report"? Nothing as far as I can see.
    So, how many times do you believe people have been tortured?

    Is 175 too many? How about 150?

    Does it matter that the government lied to us about it?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #724
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    So, how many times do you believe people have been tortured?

    Is 175 too many? How about 150?

    Does it matter that the government lied to us about it?
    As per the report I posted earlier KSM was waterboarded in 5 sessions. The only reason to break down each one of those sessions and count every single instance that water was poured within that session is to demonize the interrogators, and blow up what really went on in the wake of 9/11. Especially now, this far out from that time, where people forget the emotion of losing 3,000 people, and the fear that everyone felt in the days after.

    As someone already pointed out either here, or in another of the rehash threads, we as American's bitched that the CIA didn't catch this attack, then when WE turned them loose to make sure that it never happened again, WE bitch that they went too far...So your making sure that we never get the type of intel that has kept America from another mass attack, and helped in locating, and killing OBL...That's just great....So, the next attack, the blood is on liberal panty waste's hands.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #725
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,292

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    On that I would agree old friend...



    When we start talking facts, and not ridiculous exaggerations like "183 times" as though they are fact then we can talk....So, tell me Ditto, what's new in this "report"? Nothing as far as I can see.
    All the report does is "make it official" that the US government tortured. Like Obama noted a few years back, "we tortured some folks".

    It is some measure of vindication for those like me, frequently described by others as "tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorists". That is, it shows that the conspiracies were not imaginary, but very real.

    Given Abu Ghraib and human conditions, understanding it was happening was not exactly rocket science, but it is nice that the government would "officially" acknowledge what we were talking about.

  6. #726
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    All the report does is "make it official" that the US government tortured. Like Obama noted a few years back, "we tortured some folks".

    It is some measure of vindication for those like me, frequently described by others as "tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorists". That is, it shows that the conspiracies were not imaginary, but very real.

    Given Abu Ghraib and human conditions, understanding it was happening was not exactly rocket science, but it is nice that the government would "officially" acknowledge what we were talking about.
    Well, if partisan, hackish reports are what you are looking for out of government, then I can understand why you cheer this broken demo party...This wasn't a unified report that was released, it was a one sided pile of steaming dung.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #727
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,292

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, if partisan, hackish reports are what you are looking for out of government, then I can understand why you cheer this broken demo party...This wasn't a unified report that was released, it was a one sided pile of steaming dung.

    I'm not cheering the demo party, I'm just happy that my friggin' tax dollars were spent wisely, for once.

    And, I'm so embarrassed by the Republican Party, which I am technically still registered as, that soon I will go down and change my Party Affiliation at the voting office.

  8. #728
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    I'm not cheering the demo party, I'm just happy that my friggin' tax dollars were spent wisely, for once.

    And, I'm so embarrassed by the Republican Party, which I am technically still registered as, that soon I will go down and change my Party Affiliation at the voting office.
    Well good for you...One small step toward honesty Henry...No really...Tell me, what about the 1.1 Trillion dollars, and funding totally of Obamacare, and the illegal Amnesty was "wisely spent"? Are you kidding here?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #729
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,292

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well good for you...One small step toward honesty Henry...No really...Tell me, what about the 1.1 Trillion dollars, and funding totally of Obamacare, and the illegal Amnesty was "wisely spent"? Are you kidding here?
    No, I am a fan of the "line item veto".

    I am able to separate issues, to study and judge them individually.

    That is, I have opposed Obamacare since its inception, and I'm hugely disappointed in the "conservative" Roberts Court for having given it birth.

    How 'bout you?

  10. #730
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    No, I am a fan of the "line item veto".

    I am able to separate issues, to study and judge them individually.

    That is, I have opposed Obamacare since its inception, and I'm hugely disappointed in the "conservative" Roberts Court for having given it birth.

    How 'bout you?
    Absolutely Henry...But line item won't be used on this crap...You think Obama will line out Obamacare? Really?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 73 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •