Page 67 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 816

Thread: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

  1. #661
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,073

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, tell Palestinians to knock it off...
    Well I think the theory is that if the mean ole US wasn't there, well, gosh, the Palestinians and Jews, Sunni and Shia, would all just settle their differences over a cold beer and live in peace.

  2. #662
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,238

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    um... yeah.... so, what good actors are going to step in and fill the security void? Is Germany going to do it? Spain? Japan? Does Australia have that kind of projection capacity?


    The US is the indispensable nation at this point. None of the people that you would want to project stability are capable of the task, even if they were willing.
    It will require a communal organization of security.

  3. #663
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,073

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    What the blue **** is "Hillary's Smart Power"?

    You're being awfully generous to yourself if you think 90% of the people here can comprehend your nonsense.
    Did you miss "Smart Power"?

    Smart Power.jpg


    You see, the problem with the world wasn't intractable problems and ancient hatreds with modern weaponry, it was just that gosh those Republicans are just so dumb, so, like, by having, like, you know, smart people like us being in charge, we'll be like, so smart and stuff, that, like, you know, we can solve this stuff. Cause we're like, so smart, and they were like, so dumb and stuff.

  4. #664
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,791

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rentoc View Post
    We are not really defending ourselves. If we REALLY wanted to eradicate ISIS, do you believe they would be able to continue to exist? We have the ability both in technology and manpower to make that organization nothing more than a memory. The problem is we lack the political will to go get them.
    That's what the war hawks say about every war. This isn't WWII where both sides were clearly identifiable. So if by lacking political will you mean unwillingness to genocide a region of people in and not in Isis... Only then would you be correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #665
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rentoc View Post
    I have lived long enough to retire from the Marine Corps after 20 years of service. I have also been around long enough to question the integrity of individuals who portray themselves as former warriors who question their country.

    It's not "bloodlust" I do understand that war is a horrible thing, however, if you are going to commit to war, then commit. It must be all in, total warfare, to hell with international politics. It is no other countries right to dictate to us how we defend ourselves, especially the Russians, the French and the Germans.
    War is misused here to start with. We decided to war groups and individuals, which elevates them to the status of countries. A mistake. But even in war, you set a precedence for other real wars, between countries, that label us as rouge warriors who have no honor, who can't be trusted, and no rules will apply to what they do to us. In essence, we endanger future soldiers. This is the price of being morally bankrupt.

    Also, the notion that a warrior never questions the actions of it's leaders is foolish. A warrior is not an automaton. The best question and think critically where appropriate.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #666
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Did you miss "Smart Power"?





    Smart Power.jpg


    You see, the problem with the world wasn't intractable problems and ancient hatreds with modern weaponry, it was just that gosh those Republicans are just so dumb, so, like, by having, like, you know, smart people like us being in charge, we'll be like, so smart and stuff, that, like, you know, we can solve this stuff. Cause we're like, so smart, and they were like, so dumb and stuff.
    I have no opinion about cover, having not read the article. But have you listened to Palin, Santorum, Bachmann, Cruz, King, and Paul?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #667
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,505

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Sorry - "Violent Extremist Organization". It's the way that we avoid saying things like "Islamic Terrorist Networks".



    The problem being, once you break it out, you get more terrorists when terrorist groups are perceived as being successful, and fewer when they are perceived as losing.
    So, does that mean they've been perceived as being successful for the past 14 years?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #668
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,505

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That is exactly what was done with this report...

    Rich Lowery makes an excellent point in this article:

    Dianne Feinstein's Travesty | National Review Online

    Also a good back and forth with Megyn Kelly and Brit Hume on this here:

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...weRvqexbNy60Un

    But, don't take my word for it...Many are asserting that this report was written solely by Demo staffers, starting with the conclusions that wanted to show, and either omitted information, or massaged information to fit their conclusion.

    Sorry that is inconvenient for you.



    That's a strawman argument. I never said that, and if you can point to where I did, then I'll address that ridiculous claim.
    OK, then there was sharpened interrogation. the problem, then, is that the report was made by the Democrats.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #669
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,863

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Did you miss "Smart Power"?





    Smart Power.jpg


    You see, the problem with the world wasn't intractable problems and ancient hatreds with modern weaponry, it was just that gosh those Republicans are just so dumb, so, like, by having, like, you know, smart people like us being in charge, we'll be like, so smart and stuff, that, like, you know, we can solve this stuff. Cause we're like, so smart, and they were like, so dumb and stuff.
    Apparently I did miss it. So MMC's comment wasn't entirely nonsensical, just pointlessly irrelevant.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #670
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,719

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    Words have meanings, you took what I said and twisted it to your own ends.
    You said "democrats [are] willing to craft an alliance with Al Qaeda to attack republicans" and I said you, "accused "democrats" of conspiring with AQ.." Maybe you can explain how the democrats can form an alliance with AQ but won't be conspiring with them. Should be fascinating to see you try to thread that "definition of 'is' is" needle.

    The democrats are a political party - with a defined agenda and platform.

    When we see the outgoing chair of the Senate intelligence committee handing Al Qaeda a major propaganda victory that will be - is already - used to recruit terrorists to attack Americans and American interests around the globe: handed this due to the butt hurt over suffering an election loss, then it is difficult to deny that the democrats hold Republicans as a greater enemy than the Al Qaeda faction they just helped.
    No it's not difficult to deny because it's insane.

    Many Americans will die because of what Feinstein did - that is a fact.
    Right. It's not what was done, it's that it's been disclosed in the Western media. The people over there know what happened - they've known for 10 years or more. And AQ and ISIS were killing Americans long before the report's release. But I get it - you hate democrats. Just say that, and then you don't have to make insane justifications for it.

Page 67 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •