Page 50 of 82 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 816

Thread: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

  1. #491
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, so then you must also have a problem with the drone program under Obama right?
    I've said this in many places and repeatedly, yes I do. I think it is wrong. The trouble is I don't run into many defending it, so the conversations are often short.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #492
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rentoc View Post
    The REAL point is that this report was conceived by, prepared by, funded by and championed by the Democrats on the committee. This was published as a last poke in the eye to President Bush and to keep the attention off the hearings concerning Gruber and the Benghazi cover-up.
    Well, he deserves a punch in the eye and charged with crimes against humanity. We both know that won't happen. As for attention, that's just whiny stuff. Anything that happens can be seen that way, and don't you remember bogus terror alerts and distractions under Bush? So, it's neither here nor there concerning anything being a distraction.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #493
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,081

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    I could see maybe fighter pilots practicing for capture by the enemy. But not this enemy. There's no one to shoot down a jet.
    There are zoomies in places that might surprise you.

  4. #494
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    I hate to tell you liberals, but there is no American outrage over this report, whether it's true or not.

    I know these Dems think they've won political points, but much like with Obamacare and amnesty, they've done quite the opposite.

  5. #495
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Except when they provide a list of examples when it 'worked' they come up empty handed or at best with examples that are ambiguous. The Library Tower and OBL are good examples.



    That is a side issue IMO. If we are as a country going to accept torture as a legitimate, sanctioned interrogation tool, the public needs to be informed and buy off on America becoming that kind of country.



    No, what that tells me is people exercising vast unchecked powers don't often voluntarily curtail their ability to exercise vast, unchecked powers. Holder is part of the WH, which like all leaders would prefer to operate without meaningful restraints.



    They hacked into the committee's computers and attempted to remove files. It's an outrageous act. Sheesh, surely you're not justifying or minimizing the danger of a CIA arrogant enough to target lawmakers are you? That's a very scary situation IMO, and that it didn't immediately result in a dozen heads rolling at CIA is even scarier. What information do they have that protects them from really ANY consequences of that. Must be something big....

    You say they haven't proven so.....yet why would all MS Media new sources have stats and info from people and instances on that they were successful. Or how an attempt was thwarted.

    Oh and as to Bin Ladens Courier.....note what the CIA says about not ever being able to discover the courier without those EITs.




    2) If you have not done so already, stop what you're doing and read this Wall Street Journal op/ed co written by six former CIA directors and assistant directors. It is devastating to the Feinstein/Democratic report, beginning with the astounding fact that its authors did not speak to anybody at the CIA who carried out or oversaw the 'enhanced interrogation' program. Outrageous:

    This fact alone discredits Democrats' final product. This is a shocking, inexcusable "oversight." The remainder of the WSJ piece is devoting to debunking several heavily-reported conclusion the Democrats' report draws: Namely, that enhanced interrogation techniques (EITs) "didn't work," and that the agency serially violated the guidelines set out by its civilian leadership. For a more complete picture of how off-base these determinations are, pick up a copy of Hard Measures by Jose Rodriguez, the former head of the CIA's clandestine service. EIT's absolutely, unequivocally worked to bring high-value, uniquely knowledgeable and evil Al Qaeda leaders into compliance. For all of the table-pounding over 'waterboarding,' this was a tactic employed against three -- total -- detainees, before the practice was ended. (The US military, by the way, routinely waterboards its own people during training exercises). The package of EITs used by the CIA brought about tangible results that saved lives, disrupted plots, and have US officials a far more complete picture of the shadowy network of death that was and is fixated on killing Americans:

    3) For the umpteenth time, Democrats who feign outrage over the CIA's tactics willfully ignore the established fact that Congress' bipartisan leadership teams were extensively briefed on EITs, including water boarding. According to several accounts, reactions from lawmakers ranged from registering no objections to asking if the agency needed to go further. Nancy Pelosi's lies on this matter are uniquely disgusting. Based on documented evidence, the CIA briefed at least 68 members of Congress on the programs. Senate Republicans' competing report on EITs, which has received far less media attention, affirms the CIA's contention that their actions after 9/11 spared innocent lives and weakened Al Qaeda.....snip~

    Disgrace: Senate Democrats' Flawed, Reckless CIA Interrogation Report - Guy Benson

  6. #496
    Educator Uncensored2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    06-02-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    655

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Not sure how you can condemn acts that don't see the light of day, that remain secret.

    And the acts that endanger the lives of Americans currently abroad aren't revealing what was done, but the acts that were revealed. Someone posted a video of one of the psychologists - part of it included him blaming the media for revealing that the U.S. waterboarded detainees. That's just 180 degrees wrong. It will get out, so the only question is whether, WHEN it does, the fallout is offset by the benefits.

    Bottom line is if something we do or did, and which was sanctioned at the highest levels, cannot be disclosed without endangering American troops and others, that's a great clue that we shouldn't be doing it.
    What Feinstein has done is sensationalized the techniques. Just as Eric Holder has acted to incite and intensify race riots in Ferguson, Feinstein and the democrats have acted to incite and intensify anti-American sentiments and actions around the globe.

    How long until we have ISIS cutting the head off an American on Youtube, citing Feinstein as justification? I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened already. Feinstein and the democrats are irresponsible, partisan hacks with no concern for the lives of Americans.

  7. #497
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, you didn't. And what you have to address is the fact that they admit they did no study of effectiveness, and that while we did get the information other ways, they can't say whether they needed the torture or not. The fact is, even if the got the little bit they claim, and it is a very little bit, we know we got as much or more misinformation, that we used btw, and that we harmed innocent people. So, no, you have not.
    It would appear you are unable to recognize the significant subjectivity you are applying to your opinion. That fact can only lead to the failure of your argument. You can't inject numerous "maybe's" in your argument and expect to have you position built on solid ground.

  8. #498
    Educator Uncensored2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    06-02-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    655

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I hate to tell you liberals, but there is no American outrage over this report, whether it's true or not.

    I know these Dems think they've won political points, but much like with Obamacare and amnesty, they've done quite the opposite.
    It wasn't intended to cause outrage among Americans.

    The intent of the democrats is to stir up ISIS and Al Qaeda.

  9. #499
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,874

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    There are zoomies in places that might surprise you.
    I guess so. I guess I need to check it out before I rag on someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  10. #500
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,730

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    You say they haven't proven so.....yet why would all MS Media new sources have stats and info from people and instances on that they were successful. Or how an attempt was thwarted.

    Oh and as to Bin Ladens Courier.....note what the CIA says about not ever being able to discover the courier without those EITs.
    The problem is the CIA has a history of self serving lies, over many years, with regard to the program and its results. So the defense is "The CIA says the CIA got great info from using the waterboard, ergo, we must conclude that the information about the awesomeness of CIA actions verified by CIA is correct!"

    2) If you have not done so already, stop what you're doing and read this Wall Street Journal op/ed co written by six former CIA directors and assistant directors. It is devastating to the Feinstein/Democratic report, beginning with the astounding fact that its authors did not speak to anybody at the CIA who carried out or oversaw the 'enhanced interrogation' program. Outrageous:

    This fact alone discredits Democrats' final product. This is a shocking, inexcusable "oversight." The remainder of the WSJ piece is devoting to debunking several heavily-reported conclusion the Democrats' report draws: Namely, that enhanced interrogation techniques (EITs) "didn't work," and that the agency serially violated the guidelines set out by its civilian leadership. For a more complete picture of how off-base these determinations are, pick up a copy of Hard Measures by Jose Rodriguez, the former head of the CIA's clandestine service. EIT's absolutely, unequivocally worked to bring high-value, uniquely knowledgeable and evil Al Qaeda leaders into compliance. For all of the table-pounding over 'waterboarding,' this was a tactic employed against three -- total -- detainees, before the practice was ended. (The US military, by the way, routinely waterboards its own people during training exercises). The package of EITs used by the CIA brought about tangible results that saved lives, disrupted plots, and have US officials a far more complete picture of the shadowy network of death that was and is fixated on killing Americans:
    That's a good example - there are pictures of a waterboard set up in places where the CIA denies waterboarding took place.

    3) For the umpteenth time, Democrats who feign outrage over the CIA's tactics willfully ignore the established fact that Congress' bipartisan leadership teams were extensively briefed on EITs, including water boarding. According to several accounts, reactions from lawmakers ranged from registering no objections to asking if the agency needed to go further. Nancy Pelosi's lies on this matter are uniquely disgusting. Based on documented evidence, the CIA briefed at least 68 members of Congress on the programs. Senate Republicans' competing report on EITs, which has received far less media attention, affirms the CIA's contention that their actions after 9/11 spared innocent lives and weakened Al Qaeda.....snip~
    I'm not defending democrats and blaming republicans - I don't think I've mentioned party a single time other than when required to respond.
    Disgrace: Senate Democrats' Flawed, Reckless CIA Interrogation Report - Guy Benson[/QUOTE]

Page 50 of 82 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •