Page 41 of 82 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 816

Thread: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

  1. #401
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    728

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    You honestly think the CIA are telling the truth? The blood is on their hands.
    You honestly think the report is true?

  2. #402
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You did exactly what I said you'd do, snitch or not.
    I'm a snitch because I pointed out that you didn't manage to read the post you were responding to closely enough, and thought it was a reply to you rather than someone else? Okay.

    And no, I should you years ago that the people who run those programs you went through stated before congress that you did not go through what they went through. That has been clearly stated.
    Stress Positions until muscles give in? Check. Sleep deprivation for days at a time? Check. Hunger? Check. Left cold and wet for days on end? Check. I've never been waterboarded, but there are others on this board who have who you are free to check with.

  3. #403
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,485

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I've never been waterboarded, but there are others on this board who have who you are free to check with.
    I always have the urge to chuckle when people try to draw parallels between the "waterboarding" people do to each other so they can say they've experienced it and what actually happens in the field. They aren't the same thing at all.

  4. #404
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    You honestly think the CIA are telling the truth? The blood is on their hands.
    We've got directors and assistant directors from both parties under multiple administrations confirmed by Democrat and Republican Senates. Hell, even other Democrat Senators with experience on the Intelligence Subcomittee admit that this report is a partisan hackjob.

    Basically at this point it is a contest between Senate Democrats and Everyone Else.

  5. #405
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    I always have the urge to chuckle when people try to draw parallels between the "waterboarding" people do to each other so they can say they've experienced it and what actually happens in the field. They aren't the same thing at all.
    what was your SERE experience?

  6. #406
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,810

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabanist View Post
    You honestly think the report is true?
    What in it is false?

    And the CIA has a decade long history of serial lies/misrepresentations about what was in the report, many of which they've later had to admit. Also, this is the same CIA that spied on the intelligence committee doing this investigation, hacked into their computers, and attempted to remove their access to the Panetta report because that report was both extremely thorough and damning. The only reason the CIA didn't remove it was because the committee printed it, and got it out of the committee's room at the CIA which was being spied on and their computers hacked into, and when discovered, this CIA then accused the Senators of a crime. Of course the CIA denied they did that, until it was proved they did. Same as many of the allegations about the torture program.

  7. #407
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,810

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    what was your SERE experience?
    Don't need any to recognize that experiencing something in a controlled training environment where you KNOW it will end, and you won't be at any real risk, is nothing like being subjected to it up to 200 times by an enemy who you don't have any real reason to believe is not OK killing you, or doing it another 200 times, unless and until you say what they want you to say.

    This whole line of defense is odd. Basically, we claim we need to, e.g., waterboard someone to get the hardened terrorists to talk, and then in the next breath try to claim that the experience of being waterboarded is just a little bit uncomfortable, definitely NOT torture, but is bad enough to get the worst of the worst to reveal their most guarded secrets. It is bad enough that these worse of the worst will do what they most do NOT want to do to get it to stop. That's torture.
    Last edited by JasperL; 12-10-14 at 11:32 PM.

  8. #408
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Don't need any to recognize that experiencing something in a controlled training environment where you KNOW it will end, and you won't be at any real risk, is nothing like being subjected to it up to 200 times by an enemy who you don't have any real reason to believe is not OK killing you, or doing it another 200 times, unless and until you say what they want you to say.
    KSM knew it was in a controlled environment and that it would end as well. He used to taunt his captors by counting the seconds off on his fingers that he knew they had until they had to stop.

    However, your admitted lack of experience and subsequent willingness to contradict those who actually know what they are talking about is noted

  9. #409
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,485

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    what was your SERE experience?
    I know the difference between what happens in the field and playing around with your buds secure in the knowledge that they'll stop when you say the safe-word and won't cause you any real harm. The primary reason some misguided people think waterboarding is effective is that its most powerful effect is purely psychological. An effect which isn't duplicated in pitiful simulations.

  10. #410
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    I know the difference between what happens in the field and playing around with your buds secure in the knowledge that they'll stop when you say the safe-word and won't cause you any real harm. The primary reason some misguided people think waterboarding is effective is that its most powerful effect is purely psychological. An effect which isn't duplicated in pitiful simulations.


    Gitmo isn't "the field".

    SERE C isn't "playing around with your buds"

    The primary reason people think waterboarding is effective is because it was effective. KSM, for example, not only became extremely helpful, he suggested to us that we waterboard all of "the brothers" we detained, as it freed them from their obligation to suffer by resisting.

Page 41 of 82 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •