Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 816

Thread: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

  1. #341
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Hmm soo gonna bring up the same point as the last two points without answering my question. So I will ask again below.. .


    ""And what quotes are these? Any specifics?"

    [COLOR=#800000][I][B]
    Of course he did. You even quoted him in post #271: "But you can still object to the conduct, you can still hold people accountable if you need to without releasing these kinds of sensational details". But he also goes on to say more that oyu did not quote: " Well, Iím dismayed that itís being released... To me, itís very counterproductive and harmful, and Iím deeply sorry that Senator Feinstein decided to release it.... you donít have to release this report... Iím dismayed that itís being released"


    Oh so now you are bummed out that the media is covering that we tortured people?


    So I get it. Oh it should of been flowers and pixie dust. No need to show that we actively and systematically tortured people. We dont need to know that. No need to inform the elctorate. No need for the free press to cover it, no need to show how the CIA lied to Congress, the American public, the judicial system. No need for all of that.


    Yea. And your point being?

    No one has quoted any Quotes Openly yet, other than the Republicans saying that and then signing the Dissent. That would be Chambliss and 5 others.

    Why would one be bummed out over the concern for American Lives and the risk increased upon them. Why would any not be concerned for American lives and those who helped our people? Why would they just throw that out the window?

    Did you forget there was a Judicial Inquiry? Who again was charged Criminally?


    The Point of the Dissent was over one sided report and with which Feinstein clearly stated political considerations were taken into account.

  2. #342
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    No one has quoted any Quotes Openly yet, other than the Republicans saying that and then signing the Dissent. That would be Chambliss and 5 others.
    So essentially he is just saying something without in actual evidence. Just repeating what some in the GOP are saying without backing it up with any actual evidence.

    Why would one be bummed out over the concern for American Lives and the risk increased upon them. Why would any not be concerned for American lives and those who helped our people? Why would they just throw that out the window?
    Never said you cant be concerned. Why do you think some military installations were put on a higher security level? But your reasoning to "why does the media have to cover this" is a little disturbing.

    Did you forget there was a Judicial Inquiry? Who again was charged Criminally?
    What is this in response to?

    The Point of the Dissent was over one sided report and with which Feinstein clearly stated political considerations were taken into account.
    I'm still waiting on these quotes that show that "political considerations were taken into account"...


  3. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    So essentially he is just saying something without in actual evidence. Just repeating what some in the GOP are saying without backing it up with any actual evidence.


    Never said you cant be concerned. Why do you think some military installations were put on a higher security level? But your reasoning to "why does the media have to cover this" is a little disturbing.


    What is this in response to?


    I'm still waiting on these quotes that show that "political considerations were taken into account"...

    I guess when they produce their report then you will see what their differences is. Despite the dissent being part of that official record. I still don't hear you saying anything about the Demos one sided Report. Why you try to deflect in any direction possible that the Demos have a one sided report. That is lacking in substance.

    Did you miss the part about the Centrist Repubs and Susan Collins?

    Do you have a bipartisan report? Independent Report? Until then all you have is a report with what the Democrats thought what some Republicans meant, and then took it upon themselves to go with that as part of their findings.

  4. #344
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Not the techniques I was talking about.
    Be more specific then.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #345
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    The reports I referenced countered what you are claiming. It would seem your standard does not measure up to those who know far more than you or I.
    No, people claim they were successful. As it is their job, they have motivation to make that claim. But they did not support that claim or address rebuttals effectively.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #346
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    You said torture doesn't work, even ISIS knows this, and that's why they just kill people instead. The point of torture in this context, overwhelmingly obviously, is to gain intelligence. Otherwise, the point of torture is to cause harm, I suppose? And in that regard, it is very effective, don't you think?

    You made a ridiculous assertion. At least this specific argument is bunk.
    In most cases it isn't to get intel. it's to get confessions, which it is very effective at getting. Even the innocent will confess. But the intel has always proven to be unreliable. All of the literature says this, and the evidence we have supports that it is unreliable. As I noted, al Libi gave us a lot. the trouble was none of it was true. we used it, made decisions based on it, and yet it was all false. Now that is a verifiable example.

    I admit my humor isn't always seen, but there is nothing about torture that ISIS doesn't already know.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #347
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I guess when they produce their report then you will see what their differences is.
    So you are essentially holding something up as 100% fact without any actual evidence.

    Despite the dissent being part of that official record. I still don't hear you saying anything about the Demos one sided Report.
    Because I dont think its one sided. Just because you dont like what it says, that it was released does not mean it was "one sided". Republicans on the committee had every opportunity to join in the investigation but refused to from the get go.

    Why you try to deflect in any direction possible that the Demos have a one sided report. That is lacking in substance.
    6 million documents, 4 year investigation, and you say "no substance". How funny.

    Did you miss the part about the Centrist Repubs and Susan Collins?
    What that she agreed that it constituted torture, you betcha.


    Do you have a bipartisan report? Independent Report?
    Yup.
    Here is one: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/wo...A&gwt=pay&_r=0
    Notice how it found many of the same conclusions...
    Until then
    Well a study was released in 2013...

    all you have is a report with what the Democrats thought what some Republicans meant,
    Uhhh.. No I have a report form 2013.
    And "Thought what some Republicans meant"? What does this even mean. This is about the CIA and torture of detainees...

    and then took it upon themselves to go with that as part of their findings.
    What is "that"?


  8. #348
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,571

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I don't think it will be the Obama Administration that will do anything. I think worst case, the International community will start demanding people from the GW Bush Administration be brought up on war crimes.
    Yeah, right. Who in the international community would that be? Don't forget to exclude all the countries that do real torture, everyday, to prisoners, just for the fun of it, including their own citizens. The left has this fictional dreamy thought of an elite, above all "international community" that will finally put the big bad USA in it's place. Get real. We are the greatest force for good that this planet has ever known. At least when we don't have cowards like Obama at the helm.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  9. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    So you are essentially holding something up as 100% fact without any actual evidence.


    Because I dont think its one sided. Just because you dont like what it says, that it was released does not mean it was "one sided". Republicans on the committee had every opportunity to join in the investigation but refused to from the get go.


    6 million documents, 4 year investigation, and you say "no substance". How funny.


    What that she agreed that it constituted torture, you betcha.



    Yup.
    Here is one: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/wo...A&gwt=pay&_r=0
    Notice how it found many of the same conclusions...

    Well a study was released in 2013...


    Uhhh.. No I have a report form 2013.
    And "Thought what some Republicans meant"? What does this even mean. This is about the CIA and torture of detainees...


    What is "that"?


    Looks like you are attempting to hold up a one sided Democrat Political Report released to draw attention away from BO peep and the Demos failed policies.

    Yet the Centrist Republicans you have no answer for.....not surprising.

    Oh so they had an Independent report that these Democrats found pretty much the same exact findings. Yet this report was released why again? What policy did it change?

    It still means Demo staffers taking footnotes and coming up with a conclusions for the Republicans as they have stated. Hence the terms political considerations.

  10. #350
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Senate panel releases scathing report on CIA interrogation...

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Looks like you are attempting to hold up a one sided Democrat Political Report released to draw attention away from BO peep and the Demos failed policies.
    Ooops caught me
    But lets move past the right wing talking points shall we?
    You have claimed this report is specifically political, you upheld a neo-cons talking points. Then when asked to provide evidence/proof or anything to back up his claims that this report is misleading, politically opportunistic, and used misquotes, you couldnt find anything, jsut said "we gotta wait". So you are already holding up a conclusion without any evidence to back up said conlusion. Essentially you upheld one mans talking points to try to discredit a whole report that took 4 years to prepare and went through 6 million pages of documents. Now you are going with yet another talking point..

    Yet the Centrist Republicans you have no answer for.....not surprising.
    Like Susan Colins? I already addressed that.


    Oh so they had an Independent report that these Democrats found pretty much the same exact findings.
    "exact same"? Never said that.

    Yet this report was released why again? What policy did it change?
    Mainly they didnt have access to the documents this Senate committee did. "While the task force did not have access to classified records, it is the most ambitious independent attempt to date to assess the detention and interrogation programs. A separate 6,000-page report on the Central Intelligence Agency’s record by the Senate Intelligence Committee, based exclusively on agency records, rather than interviews, remains classified."

    It still means Demo staffers taking footnotes and coming up with a conclusions for the Republicans as they have stated.
    How did they "come up with conclusions for the Republicans"?

    Hence the terms political considerations.
    Uhhh what are you even talking about now?


Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •