Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: "Redding's Good News Rescue Mission turned away 500 people last year."

  1. #1
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Seen
    08-02-15 @ 07:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89

    "Redding's Good News Rescue Mission turned away 500 people last year."

    'They have no place': Rousted, relocated, Redding California homeless have few choices.

    One City Council member even heard threats of baseball bats against homeless and their camps, Redding Police release map!

    Redding California Police release map of known homeless camps at a city wide Redding Convention Center safety meeting ( #SafeRedding ) after Redding city council person Missy McArthur receives messages from vigilantes wanting to go out into the homeless camps and send them a message with baseball bats.

    Im getting calls, emails, and on – the street comments about this No.1 issue. Things like : “Let’s take some bats and show transients we don’t want them here.”

    Seems a police and city official created dynamic hardly conducive to the health, safety, and well being of our local homeless men and women, as well as the growing numbers of our homeless families, children, and veterans.

    Read MORE:

    Redding Homeless Blog: "Redding's Good News Rescue Mission turned away 500 people last year."

  2. #2
    feckless bon vivant

    radioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lotusland
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,760

    Re: "Redding's Good News Rescue Mission turned away 500 people last year."

    Quote Originally Posted by RLF View Post
    'They have no place': Rousted, relocated, Redding California homeless have few choices.

    One City Council member even heard threats of baseball bats against homeless and their camps, Redding Police release map!

    Redding California Police release map of known homeless camps at a city wide Redding Convention Center safety meeting ( #SafeRedding ) after Redding city council person Missy McArthur receives messages from vigilantes wanting to go out into the homeless camps and send them a message with baseball bats.

    Im getting calls, emails, and on – the street comments about this No.1 issue. Things like : “Let’s take some bats and show transients we don’t want them here.”

    Seems a police and city official created dynamic hardly conducive to the health, safety, and well being of our local homeless men and women, as well as the growing numbers of our homeless families, children, and veterans.

    Read MORE:

    Redding Homeless Blog: "Redding's Good News Rescue Mission turned away 500 people last year."
    Tough situation.
    No one wants the homeless around, but the homeless ARE around.
    I don't have any solutions, but I can say that the baseball bat approach is beyond stupid.
    No matter how cynical I become toward politicians, it's never enough.

  3. #3
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: "Redding's Good News Rescue Mission turned away 500 people last year."

    Seems a charity is trying to exploit the situation to draw in donations as well to me. I doubt that people needed a police official map to know where to find homeless people in Redding. This battle has been going on awhile.

  4. #4
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Seen
    08-02-15 @ 07:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89

    Re: "Redding's Good News Rescue Mission turned away 500 people last year."

    Its as if a perfect storm has been generated against them here. Promoted vigilantism is quite scary ...

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: "Redding's Good News Rescue Mission turned away 500 people last year."

    These are all recent incidents:


    "SAN DIEGO (AP) — Six teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of beating to death a homeless man on a Southern California bicycle path.
    ....a San Diego County sheriff's deputy answered reports of fighting Saturday and found 55-year-old Stephen Lee Hissom dead along a bike path in Santee, east of San Diego...."
    6 teens arrested in homeless man's fatal beating - San Francisco Chronicle



    "Police released a video of three people beating homeless man Tai Lam, 67, as he slept in his sleeping bag on the 100 block of Sutter street last Monday night. Lam died of his injuries after suffering for a while on the street after the attack.

    Police found the 67-year-old man dead Nov. 24 in his sleeping bag in an alcove at 137 Sutter St. in the Financial District. Lam — 5-foot-5, less than 100 pounds and homeless — had been viciously beaten by three suspects as he slept 5 feet away from the crutches he used to get around..."
    S.F. police release video of 'savage



    "UPPER MARLBORO, Md. (AP) — A Riverdale Park Town Council member has been convicted of beating a homeless man with a bat.
    The Prince George's County state's attorney's office says 51-year-old Raymond Rivas was convicted Tuesday of first- and second-degree assault. He will be sentenced on Jan. 23.

    Prosecutors say on June 17, Rivas saw the man, with whom he had earlier encounters, leaning against a fence in the parking lot of an apartment complex he managed.
    Authorities say Rivas got a bat and repeatedly hit the man...."
    Council member convicted of beating homeless man - San Francisco Chronicle

  6. #6
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,213

    Re: "Redding's Good News Rescue Mission turned away 500 people last year."

    Yep, California is home to 1/3 of this Nations welfare recipients.

    It has the Highest poverty rates in the Country and its chasing off its tax base to other States with Progressive policies predicated on helping the " little guy " and making " the Rich oay their fair share "

    Truth is California has massive unfunded pension liabilities and leads the Nation in total debt.

    Its following the Liberal policy of trying to soak the Rich to pay for massive Government waste to the letter. But this short sighted policy is backfiring of-course as it forces out Wealth Creation and Job Creation.

    The people that CAN'T afford to pick up everything and move are left there unfortunately.

    Well at least the Weather is nice.

    California's suited for the Rich, who can afford to live there and the poor, who take advantage of California's very generous Welfare laws.

    The Middle class has no place I guess in the Liberal Mecca that is California.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: "Redding's Good News Rescue Mission turned away 500 people last year."

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Yep, California is home to 1/3 of this Nations welfare recipients.

    It has the Highest poverty rates in the Country and its chasing off its tax base to other States with Progressive policies predicated on helping the " little guy " and making " the Rich oay their fair share "

    Truth is California has massive unfunded pension liabilities and leads the Nation in total debt.

    Its following the Liberal policy of trying to soak the Rich to pay for massive Government waste to the letter. But this short sighted policy is backfiring of-course as it forces out Wealth Creation and Job Creation.

    The people that CAN'T afford to pick up everything and move are left there unfortunately.

    Well at least the Weather is nice.

    California's suited for the Rich, who can afford to live there and the poor, who take advantage of California's very generous Welfare laws.

    The Middle class has no place I guess in the Liberal Mecca that is California.
    Would i be correct in guessing that the leftists want more 'progressive policies' to solve this situation?

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: "Redding's Good News Rescue Mission turned away 500 people last year."

    California is such a terrible place to live that it has the highest real estate prices in the country, except for NYC.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: "Redding's Good News Rescue Mission turned away 500 people last year."

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Seems a charity is trying to exploit the situation to draw in donations as well to me. I doubt that people needed a police official map to know where to find homeless people in Redding. This battle has been going on awhile.
    This isn't "Breaking News," it's been going on in Redding for decades going back when the liberals in California destroyed the lumber industry in California and the loggers and mill workers had no choice but to go on food stamps and welfare. Some moved into the mountains and became mountain men poaching deer and bears to feed their families while others became Democrats waiting for free stuff in the city of Redding.

    This isn't the first time on the DP that a threads was started asking for donations for the local mission in Redding, Ca.

  10. #10
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: "Redding's Good News Rescue Mission turned away 500 people last year."

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    California is such a terrible place to live that it has the highest real estate prices in the country, except for NYC.
    Which is why it also has the highest number of households in poverty. Having a house that is worth 5 times as much as the same house in Georgia is great if you already own the house, not so great if you are looking for a place to live.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •