Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: NYC officer cleared in chokehold death was sued by other Black men.....

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    NYC officer cleared in chokehold death was sued by other Black men.....

    Uh oh. This cop is toast. The Media won't let up now. Since they want to use this for a racial issue. Here the NYPD had come out talking about the Mayor, Governor, and President had thrown them under the bus. They aren't saying much now tho.





    NEW YORK (Reuters) - The white New York City police officer who put unarmed black Staten Island resident Eric Garner in a chokehold moments before his death has been accused by other black men of violating their civil rights while he was on patrol. A grand jury's decision on Wednesday not to indict officer Daniel Pantaleo for his role in the videotaped confrontation that left 43-year-old Garner dead has sparked days of protests by groups claiming U.S. law enforcement unfairly targets African-Americans and other minorities.

    Court filings obtained by Reuters on Friday show that four black men have sued Pantaleo over two separate 2012 incidents over claims of being stopped, strip-searched and arrested without cause. Pantaleo's attorney and New York City's legal department did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

    Pantaleo and the other officers also strip searched the men in public while they were handcuffed, the lawsuit claimed. It also claimed that Pantaleo provided false evidence against the men and that he and the other officers arrested the men to meet quotas and collect overtime, among other reasons. Charges against Collins and Rice were later dismissed and sealed in Richmond County Criminal Court. The city settled the lawsuit in January, according to court filings. The terms were not disclosed.....snip~

    NYC officer cleared in chokehold death was sued by other black men

  2. #2
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: NYC officer cleared in chokehold death was sued by other Black men.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Uh oh. This cop is toast. The Media won't let up now. Since they want to use this for a racial issue. Here the NYPD had come out talking about the Mayor, Governor, and President had thrown them under the bus. They aren't saying much now tho.





    NEW YORK (Reuters) - The white New York City police officer who put unarmed black Staten Island resident Eric Garner in a chokehold moments before his death has been accused by other black men of violating their civil rights while he was on patrol. A grand jury's decision on Wednesday not to indict officer Daniel Pantaleo for his role in the videotaped confrontation that left 43-year-old Garner dead has sparked days of protests by groups claiming U.S. law enforcement unfairly targets African-Americans and other minorities.

    Court filings obtained by Reuters on Friday show that four black men have sued Pantaleo over two separate 2012 incidents over claims of being stopped, strip-searched and arrested without cause. Pantaleo's attorney and New York City's legal department did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

    Pantaleo and the other officers also strip searched the men in public while they were handcuffed, the lawsuit claimed. It also claimed that Pantaleo provided false evidence against the men and that he and the other officers arrested the men to meet quotas and collect overtime, among other reasons. Charges against Collins and Rice were later dismissed and sealed in Richmond County Criminal Court. The city settled the lawsuit in January, according to court filings. The terms were not disclosed.....snip~

    NYC officer cleared in chokehold death was sued by other black men
    More bad news for NYPD. Both NYPD and Pantaleo were bound to know there'd be a fluoroscopic exam by the media and other interested parties. This is probably just the beginning.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: NYC officer cleared in chokehold death was sued by other Black men.....

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    More bad news for NYPD. Both NYPD and Pantaleo were bound to know there'd be a fluoroscopic exam by the media and other interested parties. This is probably just the beginning.
    Mornin' HB. The Cops settling out of court with a matter involving this cop before. They can't say much now.

    Plus, I will bet they push it for Civil Rights now. Sharpton got Garners OL to go for 750 Million against NYPD.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,074

    Re: NYC officer cleared in chokehold death was sued by other Black men.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Uh oh. This cop is toast. The Media won't let up now. Since they want to use this for a racial issue. Here the NYPD had come out talking about the Mayor, Governor, and President had thrown them under the bus. They aren't saying much now tho.





    NEW YORK (Reuters) - The white New York City police officer who put unarmed black Staten Island resident Eric Garner in a chokehold moments before his death has been accused by other black men of violating their civil rights while he was on patrol. A grand jury's decision on Wednesday not to indict officer Daniel Pantaleo for his role in the videotaped confrontation that left 43-year-old Garner dead has sparked days of protests by groups claiming U.S. law enforcement unfairly targets African-Americans and other minorities.

    Court filings obtained by Reuters on Friday show that four black men have sued Pantaleo over two separate 2012 incidents over claims of being stopped, strip-searched and arrested without cause. Pantaleo's attorney and New York City's legal department did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

    Pantaleo and the other officers also strip searched the men in public while they were handcuffed, the lawsuit claimed. It also claimed that Pantaleo provided false evidence against the men and that he and the other officers arrested the men to meet quotas and collect overtime, among other reasons. Charges against Collins and Rice were later dismissed and sealed in Richmond County Criminal Court. The city settled the lawsuit in January, according to court filings. The terms were not disclosed.....snip~

    NYC officer cleared in chokehold death was sued by other black men
    It is irrelevant that he was sued by other black men. What is relevant is that this cop had a history of going WAY over what was allowed in his line of work. People have made such a ridiculous stink about the "31 arrests" declaring that it's everything from a sign of a career criminal to a thug and it's never even been shown why these arrests matter. However, now we have a cop who has been sued multiple times for harassing suspects. Let this be as relevant as Garner's "31 priors".
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: NYC officer cleared in chokehold death was sued by other Black men.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It is irrelevant that he was sued by other black men. What is relevant is that this cop had a history of going WAY over what was allowed in his line of work. People have made such a ridiculous stink about the "31 arrests" declaring that it's everything from a sign of a career criminal to a thug and it's never even been shown why these arrests matter. However, now we have a cop who has been sued multiple times for harassing suspects. Let this be as relevant as Garner's "31 priors".

    Mornin' Hatuey. Which they will be able to show that the cop's Judgment or lapse of judgment isn't.....just a one time deal.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,074

    Re: NYC officer cleared in chokehold death was sued by other Black men.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Mornin' Hatuey. Which they will be able to show that the cop's Judgment or lapse of judgment isn't.....just a one time deal.
    Good morning MMC, I'm personally hoping that the NYPD is sued to **** for a wrongful death. The NYPD is on my list of police departments that need to be either cleaned up or seriously defunded. They're bullies in uniforms half that time and the other half, they're fighting to get more benefits by doing less work. I'm not saying all NYPD cops are bad, but this has been a long time coming for them and I hope they get what's coming to them. New York City is not Fergusson, and people aren't going to riot over this. What will happen is that they'll hit the city where it hurts. They'll block traffic, make people late for work, show that these cops and by extension their politicians have been harassing people for a long time and it needs to stop.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: NYC officer cleared in chokehold death was sued by other Black men.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Good morning MMC, I'm personally hoping that the NYPD is sued to **** for a wrongful death. The NYPD is on my list of police departments that need to be either cleaned up or seriously defunded. They're bullies in uniforms half that time and the other half, they're fighting to get more benefits by doing less work. I'm not saying all NYPD cops are bad, but this has been a long time coming for them and I hope they get what's coming to them. New York City is not Fergusson, and people aren't going to riot over this. What will happen is that they'll hit the city where it hurts. They'll block traffic, make people late for work, show that these cops and by extension their politicians have been harassing people for a long time and it needs to stop.

    I think we will see the NYPD give up this cop even if it means they admit he should never have been a cop. Rather than have all kinds of investigations come down upon them. They can't even deny that they had to settle out of court with this cop before. The Media can easily portray a pattern and most will go with that narrative.

    I can identify with you about cops. Chicago Cops are Right there and many of them are on the edge of the line. Many are aggressive in exercising authority. Quick to act even with passive and cooperative people.

    Even Glenn Beck, Bill OReilly and The Hammer/Krauthammer are saying this cop should have had some sort of charges. Another point they brought up was that after the control of Garner was enforced. It took them 7 minutes to note Garner was having a problem.

    Also that they didn't know why the Paramedics who showed on the scene were suspended.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: NYC officer cleared in chokehold death was sued by other Black men.....

    What does this cop in.....is this. Using two hands to mash this guys face into the sidewalk. While other Officers have control.



  9. #9
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,844

    Re: NYC officer cleared in chokehold death was sued by other Black men.....

    If he didn't want the attention he probably shouldn't have choked a man to death.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #10
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: NYC officer cleared in chokehold death was sued by other Black men.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If he didn't want the attention he probably shouldn't have choked a man to death.
    I wonder if anyone will post his address on social media?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •