Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 393

Thread: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

  1. #311
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Whatever you want it to be. It's free-form.
    So it means nothing. What a surprise.

  2. #312
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,371

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Yes. That's what it is about. We probably agree on the meanings of these verses.

    Owning people isn't something that people do anymore. Of course slavery laws doesn't make any sense to us. I think it's good that we don't have slaves anymore. Now. Did you honestly think I was asking you about slave verses? Because I was asking about the wife beating verses in the Bible not the slavery verses. I was already familiar with every single one of them and I think that the United States should have followed Old Testament laws regarding slavery.

    Since slavery is an irrelevant discussion. Let's talk about this wife beating issue. Lots of people have wives. Nobody in the entire world has a slave. It's completely moronic to discuss the proper treatment of slaves. It's the most idiotic thing that I can think of. What's next? Are we going to argue the ethics of various dodo bird training manuals?
    Wives, slaves, daughters, it was the wild wild middle east.

    Not too relevant.

    The dodo couldn't be tamed, because everything was killing it and eating it.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Wives, slaves, daughters, it was the wild wild middle east.

    Not too relevant.

    The dodo couldn't be tamed, because everything was killing it and eating it.
    Is that why you posted that massive post about slavery even though I never asked about verses of slavery? Were you trying to disguise the fact that there are no verses in the Bible about beating your wife?

    In the future, don't do that.

    On a side note. You left out the verses that commanded people to own slaves but I'll let that slide at the moment.

  4. #314
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    How are atheists being assholes when all they want is the same thing Christians want?
    1: Please note that I said "extreme athiests". Not athiests in general.

    2: Athiests have no religion. How can they want the same thing with no religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post




    Some people hate freedom of religion. These terrorist prefer freedom of Christian religion only.

    I still think the Christians should take their display down in order to avoid catching the Satanic cooties.
    Strawman some more. As I've said repeatedly before, I'm not Christian. These Satanists are also not about religion. They're a bunch of athiests who just want to be aholes. I can guarantee you that if an actual religion wanted to put up their displays next to a Christian nativity scene I'd have no problem with it in the slightest. And I wouldn't care if it was Islamic, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhism, or any other ACTUAL religious people. But that is not what these "Satanists" are about. They are about being aholes towards Christians. Nothing more. Nothing less.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #315
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,803

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Or maybe extreme athiests should stop being aholes.
    Or maybe Christians should stop trying to push their ridiculous religious beliefs on everyone else and keep it to themselves. Then atheists wouldn't have to be "aholes".
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #316
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Or maybe Christians should stop trying to push their ridiculous religious beliefs on everyone else and keep it to themselves. Then atheists wouldn't have to be "aholes".
    Atheists don't have to be aholes now. Those that are aholes can't blame anyone else for their a-holiness. I guess that's the difference between the Christians and Satanists. Theists vs. Atheists and Holiness vs. Aholiness.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  7. #317
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,803

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Atheists don't have to be aholes now. Those that are aholes can't blame anyone else for their a-holiness. I guess that's the difference between the Christians and Satanists. Theists vs. Atheists and Holiness vs. Aholiness.
    The are only being "aholes" now because one group of people, the Christians, think they deserve special privileges that nobody else gets. Get rid of that absurd position and nobody will have to point out how ridiculous the whole thing is.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  8. #318
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,371

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Is that why you posted that massive post about slavery even though I never asked about verses of slavery? Were you trying to disguise the fact that there are no verses in the Bible about beating your wife?

    In the future, don't do that.

    On a side note. You left out the verses that commanded people to own slaves but I'll let that slide at the moment.
    Don't tell me what to do.

    You go ahead and live your bible.

    I'll choose reason and logic.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Or maybe Christians should stop trying to push their ridiculous religious beliefs on everyone else and keep it to themselves. Then atheists wouldn't have to be "aholes".
    What beliefs are being pushed on you during Christmas? "Peace on Earth and Good Will Toward Man"? That offends you?

    Kal'Stang obviously had it right.

  10. #320
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Don't tell me what to do. You go ahead and live your bible. I'll choose reason and logic.
    Time to get started!

Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •