Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 393

Thread: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    No, I believe he was using the spelling of an accented way of saying the word American to attack the type of ignorant fundamentalist Christians who tend to be rural and live in the south and southwest that have had a reputation for intolerance since the civil war.
    Or he was just another hillbilly who can't spell properly. That's more likely.

  2. #202
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Never said it should, but I wish people had thicker skin
    I say the same thing every time I hear a lefty weeping, wailing and gnashing their teeth because some righty said something they want to spin into a racial slur. I wish the hypersensitive PC left wingers had thicker skin.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  3. #203
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I say the same thing every time I hear a lefty weeping, wailing and gnashing their teeth because some righty said something they want to spin into a racial slur. I wish the hypersensitive PC left wingers had thicker skin.
    OK... That has nothing to do with the topic but thanks for the pointless comment I guess

  4. #204
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    OK... That has nothing to do with the topic but thanks for the pointless comment I guess
    You introduced "thin skin" to the discussion and I was just agreeing with you that I wish people had thicker skin, too. There are things that left and right can agree on if we just look close and here we found one. Cool, huh?
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  5. #205
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You introduced "thin skin" to the discussion and I was just agreeing with you that I wish people had thicker skin, too. There are things that left and right can agree on if we just look close and here we found one. Cool, huh?
    In general sure, making a pointless derogatory statement having nothing to do with the topic, being an unthinking hack

  6. #206
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    In general sure, making a pointless derogatory statement having nothing to do with the topic, being an unthinking hack
    Oh, there was a point. People should toughen up and get thicker skin. Just like you say. But nooooooo..... some folks have to try to take offense at EVERYTHING. Some get their panties in a bunch over a picture that portrays Obama as a chimp just like happened to Bush.... others get their panties in a bunch over satanists suing to put up their displays right next to nativity scenes.

    Like you said, wouldn't it be great if people had thicker skin? Maybe they wouldn't even insult you for agreeing with them if they did. Just sayin'.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    In general sure, making a pointless derogatory statement having nothing to do with the topic, being an unthinking hack
    There was a point made. That you don't understand it only reflects on you.

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It's adolescent and ignorant to include any religion except Christianity, got it. Thanks.
    No, you don't have it and if it was explained to you a dozen times over you still wouldn't get it.

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You keep trying to draw comparisons involving what people would/wouldn't do to Islam and yet... the reason Islamists hate the West is that the West has secular leisures that Islamists simply can't stand because of their religious belief. Seem kind of odd no? That people wouldn't dare to piss of Islam... and yet... the reason why Islamists hate the West is that we engage in dionysian displays of sexual "deviance", greed and all around partying that events like Ramadan strictly forbid or look down upon.

    Hell, in this year's Ramadan, Americans specifically dedicated a day to eating hotdogs, hamburgers and drinking. That's not even counting the millions of days per year (that's not a mistake) that we dedicate to BBQs, summer sales, making pornography films, staring at women in bikinis, drinking, having unmarried sex, etc. You act as if the very lifestyle that Americans lead is not offensive to the Islamist world every single day of the year. That you think atheists are cowardly - when the reason some Muslim ideologues hate us is because of the secular activities Americans engage in - is pretty funny.
    you're wandering well off topic here into hot dogs, bathing suits, etc.

    Put up the same sign next to a Muslim celebration, or Hindu celebration, and see what happens. They are cowards, and that is obvious. They know and understand they will not be under any threat by Christians.

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Satanic Temple display approved for Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Oh, there was a point. People should toughen up and get thicker skin. Just like you say. But nooooooo..... some folks have to try to take offense at EVERYTHING. Some get their panties in a bunch over a picture that portrays Obama as a chimp just like happened to Bush.... others get their panties in a bunch over satanists suing to put up their displays right next to nativity scenes.

    Like you said, wouldn't it be great if people had thicker skin? Maybe they wouldn't even insult you for agreeing with them if they did. Just sayin'.
    Or wouldn't it be great if people just had better manners and demonstrated greater courtesy to others.

    We have free speech allowing us to use racial slurs, for example, against others, but to do so would be ignorant. Even the Left gets that. There are many things we are legally entitled to do but we don't do them out of respect for our fellow citizens who may have beliefs different from our own.

    This won't bother Christians (and I'm not one myself) but it does allow the "Satanists" to feel they are important, just as window smashers feel they are also making a statement, a statement they cannot otherwise articulate because of the limitations of their own intelligence..

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •